Note 5 always sending report

hermeshidayat

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
As the title suggests.my Note5 has been sending reports.it shows in the drop down notifications.i have turned off services which might send reports.

Send Report
Connecting to server...

Anyone having the same issue?any help would be appreciated.thanks a lot.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The following is part of a thread I created in the S6 forums, it should be the same on the Note 5 and Edge+.

Report diagnostic Info - It has been reported by some users that turning this off helps preventing wakelocks, turning it off doesn't seem to affect anything. Go to Settings- Privacy and safety.

Send Security reports - Settings- Lock screen and Security- Other Security settings. Turn it off.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
The following is part of a thread I created in the S6 forums, it should be the same on the Note 5 and Edge+.

Report diagnostic Info - It has been reported by some users that turning this off helps preventing wakelocks, turning it off doesn't seem to affect anything. Go to Settings- Privacy and safety.

Send Security reports - Settings- Lock screen and Security- Other Security settings. Turn it off.

Everything on mine is off and it still sends report randomly wether I'm on wifi or not. Went through every settings nothing should be sending any reports.

MousePad

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

Galaxy Note 5, North American variant, SM-N920W8. Same thing. I went into both places suggested by Erasat and found they are already disabled. My Note 5 still sends reports periodically.

From what I can see, it seems to be related to Wifi... Most of the time when I see the report icon in the notification bar, I see my phone switching from LTE to Wifi while i'm in Wifi coverage.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I've found its a samsung program that cannot be disabled and mine has been fixed with a recent ota update from Samsung battery life has also been much better ever since.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Everything on mine is off and it still sends report randomly wether I'm on wifi or not. Went through every settings nothing should be sending any reports.

Hello guys,

Galaxy Note 5, North American variant, SM-N920W8. Same thing. I went into both places suggested by Erasat and found they are already disabled. My Note 5 still sends reports periodically.

From what I can see, it seems to be related to Wifi... Most of the time when I see the report icon in the notification bar, I see my phone switching from LTE to Wifi while i'm in Wifi coverage.

Now that it was mentioned that it may be related to wifi, do you have "Always Allow scanning" on in the Advanced Wifi Settings?, if yes, just turn it off, even if it doesn't fix your issues, you don't need or want that if you want a little better battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta