There is a promotion going on until the 27th allowing an upgrade in one year if you buy through Sprint easy pay, which is $34/month for the 64gb version, or lease the phone which is $30/month for the same. Both require $0 down but you also need to pay taxes upfront on easy pay. Since both allow for an upgrade in 12 months, is there really a benefit from choosing easy pay over leasing if you plan to upgrade in around a year?

08-25-2015 06:54 AM
    I'd say really the only advantage of either one is that you get to upgrade early in a one year period, because I was looking online at differences between leasing, easy pay, and getting the phone by paying the either the full price of the phone or the subsidized price of the phone through Sprint and on each article that I read it showed that you end up paying more with both easy pay and leasing. I did all this before getting my Galaxy S6 because I wasn't due for an upgrade until April of next year but I really wanted to get a smaller phone. If you search easy pay vs leasing I'm sure you'll find tables and price comparison of both.
    08-25-2015 07:03 AM
    Thanks for your response. However, I'm stuck deciding between lease or easy pay since I am not eligible for subsidy and I can't pay the full price right now. Even if I did, I would have to then pay off the remainder of my current phone so that ends up possibly being my most expensive option. With my current plan I'm paying like $46 (unlimited family with 3 people) plus my phone, and I think id have to change my plan if I was able to the subsidy anyway, so either monthly option is doable I just wanted to see if there was a clear disadvantage to leasing versus easy pay since I can upgrade in a year (which I will do) with either option? Leasing saves me about $125 in one year from what I see but I don't know about any potential drawbacks choosing that over easy pay.
    08-25-2015 08:59 AM
    Here's a pretty good comparison of the two it'll show you a table of price difference between Easy pay and leasing. It's seems that there is a fee to upgrade early if using easy pay.

iPhone 6: Sprint Lease vs Sprint Easy Pay vs Contract Prices
    08-25-2015 09:12 AM
    I've been leasing my phones. The advantage is the early upgrade. The only way the plan works is if you upgrade every year. If you don't upgrade, then you need to buy the phone out at that point.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-25-2015 09:26 AM
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I ended up doing easy pay because sprint told me that I qualified for some promotion so that my monthly payments will half if I stick to my plan and keep easy pay, basically paying $17 for the 64gb a month for one year. They also told me that of I chose I lease then I would have to lease the next phone when I upgraded, which could put me in an undesirable spot come next year if I don't want to continue to lease. Thanks everyone for your responses!
    08-25-2015 06:36 PM