Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Just got it today, and I love it :)

c30d9ec8b23a0a4ccd298e68f908d949.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

fruit2droid

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
First time Android owner, just wanted to share my experience with my new Note 5. In past years, I've always been tempted by the Note series, especially during the times where Apple had not immersed itself into the "phablet" domain. As a lover of mobile entertainment, I have always wanted something sharp with enough screen real estate to view my favourite shows and movies WITHOUT paying pay per view. With the Android platform, I find that the versatility of this system has given me a lot more freedom, being able to view and save my favourite shows to watch offline. Moving from my iPhone 6 Plus, I really appreciate the reduced bezels that shrinks the overall size of the device to fit comfortably in my hands while maintaining the same large-screen viewing experience. Customization wise, I am LOVING the various themes, launchers and animated wallpapers. Moving to the significantly different Android platform has opened my eyes the the amount of restrictions placed on iOS users in comparison.

kobayashi maru

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Although I went through 5 of them, I loved my LG Env2. Yeah that's right, old school. But more seriously I'm still using my HTC One M7 and would keep it forever if I was able to upgrade the camera. I love it.

PetarT

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if you are asking for phones or only smart phones, but my vote would go to Nokia 3310.
Still have it, still working.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with this thread. I have been a long time iPhone user that has tried to come over to android multiple times and this is the best android experience I have ever had.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to say - I have had Smartphones since the original iPhone (opening weekend!). I have had iPhones up to the 5S, I've had a Windows Phone (Lumia 1520), and the Galaxy S6 Edge. I've spent some time with an iPhone 6, though never owned one.

All of these phones have had issues and compromises somewhere that made them feel less than they should be. It wasn't until I got my Note 5 that I suddenly have a phone that "ticks all the boxes". This thing is phenomenal. I cannot even express how great it is. Snappy (a problem with my S6 Edge, even though the guts are identical except for RAM), wonderful form factor (perfect for my hands, the Lumia 1520 was too big), good camera (also same as the S6 Edge, but I had been spoiled with the 1520's wonderful 20MP camera), good app ecosystem (problem with WP which was my favorite until now), great ergonomics and beautiful design (problem with Samsung Phones until the S6), great battery life (so far 1.5 days of very active use - not quite as good as the 1520, but I just need 24 hours of battery life to be happy) and the S-Pen which I use far more than I imagined.

I just wanted to say that I really love this phone - and am very glad I got it. I am very dependent on my phones, and this thing has made me very happy. :)

If you are hesitant about the Note 5, go check it out - you will probably come away very impressed.

Agreed! Glad you're enjoy the phone, I to am enjoying this phone tremendously!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been back and forth for years. I even had the Note 4 for about a month at launch last year. Definitely like Android L better then KitKat. Giving the Note 5 a try. Just picked it up yesterday. Have my iPhone 6 sitting in my night table.

The removable battery doesn't bother me much since I'm used to the iPhone. I'm in Canada so we only have the 32GB option. At first I thought this might be a problem but all my music is in the Cloud with Google Music (12GB/month Data plan and im around Wifi alot also) and all my photos and Videos will be in the Cloud also. I only use like 10-15 Apps and I don't game. I have 22.5GB free still and won't go down a whole lot more then that. So I'm all good.

Godfrey Denis

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
i have had a number of phone,i had a small samsung then later i had a nokia,the i caught an iphone 4 then samsung sgh A879.Am looking forward to have the latest note 5 due to its unique featutres that make one's work more easier than before.I do depend so much on my phone so having my dream NOTE 5 will be an amazing opportunity in my life and career.The difference in the phone i have owned that samsung produces some unique feature of its interface and its processor speed is pretty fast that other phone.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been back and forth for years. I even had the Note 4 for about a month at launch last year. Definitely like Android L better then KitKat. Giving the Note 5 a try. Just picked it up yesterday. Have my iPhone 6 sitting in my night table.

The removable battery doesn't bother me much since I'm used to the iPhone. I'm in Canada so we only have the 32GB option. At first I thought this might be a problem but all my music is in the Cloud with Google Music (12GB/month Data plan and im around Wifi alot also) and all my photos and Videos will be in the Cloud also. I only use like 10-15 Apps and I don't game. I have 22.5GB free still and won't go down a whole lot more then that. So I'm all good.

Seems like you are rationalizing getting stuck with 32GB. There is no such thing as unlimited data in Canada as for as I can tell (please don't bring up dial up crappy coverage area WIND Mobile) and if there was it would be cost prohibitive. So cloud isn't the answer. I have 32GB and a 64GB card. I never have to think about removing videos and pictures on my phone. Considering phones have 20MP cameras and 4K video that adds up quickly. The phone would have to have to 64GB option minimum.

How is the battery life? The thread is already two pages and no one has said anything glowing about it and we all know not having a removeable battery was an issue for a lot of folks.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
This phone is by far one of the best I've owned and I've been through a lot of phones. Silky smooth, superb build quality and all the nay sayers and moaners about battery life I can say battery has been excellent. The S-Pen alone is outstanding. Really looking fwd to Samsung pay

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Seems like you are rationalizing getting stuck with 32GB. There is no such thing as unlimited data in Canada as for as I can tell (please don't bring up dial up crappy coverage area WIND Mobile) and if there was it would be cost prohibitive. So cloud isn't the answer. I have 32GB and a 64GB card. I never have to think about removing videos and pictures on my phone. Considering phones have 20MP cameras and 4K video that adds up quickly. The phone would have to have to 64GB option minimum.

How is the battery life? The thread is already two pages and no one has said anything glowing about it and we all know not having a removeable battery was an issue for a lot of folks.

Never said I had unlimited data. Says right in my post I have 12GB/month. I'm around Wifi alot also.

I'm not rationalizing anything. My iPhone 6 had 55GB at first boot. After my main apps are on there I had 50.5GB regularly. So yes a 64GB would be nice but not needed for me at all like I said. I have 50GB of storage free in Google Apps. When i take my pics and videos they go right up. I'm all fine with that. I don't care about upgrading Cloud storage also. Costs 1 coffee a month for 200GB? No brainer there.

Battery life i cant comment just yet as I just completed my first cycle but did get 5.5 hrs Screen time on it.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Never said I had unlimited data. Says right in my post I have 12GB/month. I'm around Wifi alot also.

I'm not rationalizing anything. My iPhone 6 had 55GB at first boot. After my main apps are on there I had 50.5GB regularly. So yes a 64GB would be nice but not needed for me at all like I said. I have 50GB of storage free in Google Apps. When i take my pics and videos they go right up. I'm all fine with that. I don't care about upgrading Cloud storage also. Costs 1 coffee a month for 200GB? No brainer there.

Battery life i cant comment just yet as I just completed my first cycle but did get 5.5 hrs Screen time on it.

The reality is constantly transferring data from your phone to the cloud to do all the things you are talking about is going to give you a serious hit to your battery. That is another benefit of keeping the storage on your device. The benefits outweigh the costs for you obviously.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting 6+hrs sot on LTE and no wifi all week since I went on vacay the day after buying the phone. That's with every pic I take automatically and immediately uploading to Google photos and every phone call I make automatically recorded and immediately uploaded to my one drive. If I should need extra battery, I have 6 battery banks. So not having swappable batteries don't impact my enjoyment at all.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting 6+ sot on LTE and no wifi all week since I went on vacay the day after buying the phone. If I should need extra battery, I have 6 battery banks. So not having swappable batteries don't impact my enjoyment at all.

Dude I'm with you. Battery pack is always juiced up and small enough to carry without being an annoyance. So if this battery does die on me, a quick charge and I'm back in business. Thinking about ordering the quick charge battery pack from Samsung. It's really not that big of a deal IMO.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting 6+hrs sot on LTE and no wifi all week since I went on vacay the day after buying the phone. That's with every pic I take automatically and immediately uploading to Google photos and every phone call I make automatically recorded and immediately uploaded to my one drive. If I should need extra battery, I have 6 battery banks. So not having swappable batteries don't impact my enjoyment at all.

A good LTE signal is the same as having wifi now a days :) (drain wise).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz