My phone takes a long time to charge,I'm use the chargers that came with it ,and there's a notification that will say the percentage of the charge, and it says approximately 1 minuter until fully charged yet it seems like it takes forever.
    My Note 4 would charge to 100% in like and hour from 10% has anyone's else experienced this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-25-2015 08:33 AM
    You said chargers that came with it.. are you using a free wireless charger that has been given out with this phone? The reason I ask is the fast wireless charger has not been released yet, and many people who were getting a wireless charger thought it was the new fast charger. So if you are using a wireless charger that came with the phone it will charge at a slower rate.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    08-25-2015 09:20 AM
    You said chargers that came with it.. are you using a free wireless charger that has been given out with this phone? The reason I ask is the fast wireless charger has not been released yet, and many people who were getting a wireless charger thought it was the new fast charger. So if you are using a wireless charger that came with the phone it will charge at a slower rate.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    No the regular cord and brick that came with it, I hooked up my Note 4 charger and it charged up but I'll have to test it later when it drains to see how fast the note 4 charger takes,it might just be the cord by the way this phone is nice

08-25-2015 09:31 AM
    My wife had the same issue, and it was a defective wall wart (the part of the plug that goes into the wall, that the cord plugs into)

Switched it out with another one I had from the S6 and it went back to Fast Charging
    08-25-2015 10:14 AM
    My wife had the same issue, and it was a defective wall wart (the part of the plug that goes into the wall, that the cord plugs into)

Switched it out with another one I had from the S6 and it went back to Fast Charging
    Yeah I'm thinking it might be the cord, the only thing that got me thinking is from my ride to work the battery dropped 8% strava running an rhapsody this is my first full day with the note 5 ,my Note 4 wouldn't drop that much I'll have to monitor the battery and charge it up with my Note 4 cable, and see how it goes thanks for posting

08-25-2015 10:45 AM
    Yeah I'm thinking it might be the cord, the only thing that got me thinking is from my ride to work the battery dropped 8% strava running an rhapsody this is my first full day with the note 5 ,my Note 4 wouldn't drop that much I'll have to monitor the battery and charge it up with my Note 4 cable, and see how it goes thanks for posting

First two days my battery was taking hits from cell standby but it settled yesterday and now getting 16 hours easy plus 4 to 5 hours SOT running live wallpaper and a data intense launcher.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-25-2015 10:51 AM
    First two days my battery was taking hits from cell standby but it settled yesterday and now getting 16 hours easy plus 4 to 5 hours SOT running live wallpaper and a data intense launcher.

Cool,yeah I read somewhere on here that the battery will sometimes get better after a few cycles,I'm going to wait, and I hope it gets better ,did you guys ask for a new cable for your wife's phone?

08-25-2015 11:03 AM
    Cool,yeah I read somewhere on here that the battery will sometimes get better after a few cycles,I'm going to wait, and I hope it gets better ,did you guys ask for a new cable for your wife's phone?

No it was the wall wart not the cable. You know, the little square that plugs into the wall itself, that the cord or connected to. I had spares from our S6's so I just swapped that out, the cable itself was fine.

08-25-2015 12:04 PM
    No it was the wall wart not the cable. You know, the little square that plugs into the wall itself, that the cord or connected to. I had spares from our S6's so I just swapped that out, the cable itself was fine.

Oh OK, that's good it was something simple

08-25-2015 12:09 PM
    Why doesn't it say if plugged into the fast charger FAST CHARGING. It says it (at least when I viewed a video of it) for a FAST WIRELESS CHARGER, but why not say fast charging on the wired charger?
    08-25-2015 12:38 PM
    Why doesn't it say if plugged into the fast charger FAST CHARGING. It says it (at least when I viewed a video of it) for a FAST WIRELESS CHARGER, but why not say fast charging on the wired charger?
    It does.

Standard charger says "cable charging" and the fast charger says "fast charging."
    08-25-2015 12:42 PM
    It didn't the first 3 or 4 charging attempts out of the box, but then it started showing the Fast Charging. I think it needs a few power cycles when new to initialize the battery, was mentioned on another thread.
    08-31-2015 10:20 AM
    It didn't the first 3 or 4 charging attempts out of the box, but then it started showing the Fast Charging. I think it needs a few power cycles when new to initialize the battery, was mentioned on another thread.
    Yeah I stopped using the charger that came with my note 5 thinking it was defective but then one day I plugged it in and voila it works good now,like you said it probably needs a few power cycles.

09-02-2015 02:47 PM