Here's the thing I miss the most on the Note 5

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I posted about this very issue on the aforementioned "I have a Note 5, ask me questions" thread.

According to this page, the Note 5 is compatible with the Samsung Smart HDMI Adapter.

how to, connect, Galaxy Note 5, TV, HDMI cable, HDTV smart adapter, MHL, content, compatible, HDTV, connect,SM-N920W8

I'm not sure what is going on here, and I have yet to get my Note 5, but I hope it is true.

I couldn't see the Note 5 listed in the compatible devices. I went through the list, then saw I could change it to "newest first". The Note Edge was listed as well as the Note 4, but not the Note 5. I wonder if it does need the 3.0 not the 2.0 which this is.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the native SideSync app on my Note 5 with my laptop connected via wifi. It works the same way with my HDMI/MHL3 adapter and Note 4 in terms of the mirroring. I can even text, email, surf, and watch streaming videos, and make calls!

I wonder if we can then connect our laptop to our TV that way...

Godfrey Denis

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
The writing on the screen when its unlocked is one of the most pretentious features i would love on the note 5.The other thing may be the captative camera that produces high quality picture is gona be an amazing stuff form.The love and experienced got while using samsung phone drives me to looking at all feature that the note 5 would be carrying.I Pray to have one.

Jon Thompson

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to post on here after my frustration with this. I had an adapter I got from Amazon that worked with the note 4 and S4. Doesn't work with the note 5. Went to best buy and bought their 3.0 adapter and it doesn't work. Samsung mobile rep online told me that 3.0 doesn't work and it has to be the samsung 2.0 adapter. So ill be checking that when it arrives on tues or was.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The writing on the screen when its unlocked is one of the most pretentious features i would love on the note 5.The other thing may be the captative camera that produces high quality picture is gona be an amazing stuff form.The love and experienced got while using samsung phone drives me to looking at all feature that the note 5 would be carrying.I Pray to have one.

HUH?

Posted via the Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to post on here after my frustration with this. I had an adapter I got from Amazon that worked with the note 4 and S4. Doesn't work with the note 5. Went to best buy and bought their 3.0 adapter and it doesn't work. Samsung mobile rep online told me that 3.0 doesn't work and it has to be the samsung 2.0 adapter. So ill be checking that when it arrives on tues or was.
Hmmm, that's odd. How would an older adapter work with the Note 5?! Yes, please keep us updated.

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Yes please let us know if the 2.0 adapter works.

However it does not look promising. The S6 doesnt seem to work with either the 3.0 or 2.0 adapter. The Note 5 may be crippled by this similar limitation.

Last edited:

Maralohatvl

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying for the past few months to connect my Honda CRV 2015 with the Samsung note 5 so that way I can get the GPS to work on the screen. The Samsung note 5 is not HDMI compatible with the car via adapter with the HDMI cable. It was with the iPhone, but the Samsung note 5 is not with the car. No adapter works with it and I'm thinking about switching back to the iPhone. I have also watched many videos in regards to the car, the adapters that you can use for the Samsung note 5, and other ways but I can't seem to find anything online. I talked to Samsung many times and they can't give me an answer either. Best Buy states that because the phone is not HDMI compatible, you can use the Mirrorlink, however you still would not be able to get the GPS to mirror onto your car screen. In addition I bought an iTouch, the latest one. I was able to Mirrorlink it to the car, however the GPS does not move along while the car is in motion. It stays stationary. I'm so frustrated at this point. Any suggestions? Please email or reply

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Kind of looks like a no name brand Google Chromecast, not sure about this device but the Chromecast requires a constant internet connection for it to work. I have seen other members post that with an Amazon Fire Stick you need an internet connection the first time you pair it with your phone but after that you do not, also there is the Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub which from what I have read does not require a constant internet connection either. With these devices you would need to use both the HDMI port and USB port to power the device. One thing you would need to find out about the Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub is if you can use a USB to Micro USB and charge it through the USB port in the vehicle. Looking at the description for this device it said an AC to Micro USB to charge the device. I would think it would work off the vehicle USB port but something you would need to inquire about.

Joshua Janoe

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
In my opinion all the alternatives to the mhl/hdmi capability of the pre Note 5's suck. And I've done a lot of experimenting.

We'll the note 5 doesn't have an 11pin connector while the note 4s and a few other did. Note 5 has a regular micro usb port that's not hdmi compatible. I've heard the reason why is because the gear vr uses the phones usb port for the controls and they didn't want the hdmi to interfere with the gear vr. Sorry if I don't make sense. Im in a rush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech