On my new Note 5, in the Stock Email App, if open an Email, click Delete - instead of going to the next Email, it goes back to Message list.

I can't find any way to change this behavior (Which of course both Yahoo and Gmail Apps default to, and their Desktop versions have preferences you can change in Settings).

The stock email app on my Galaxy S4 went to next email. Why did Samsung change this what were they thinking and how do we get them to fix it?

PS I contacted Samsung support they said there is no option to change this behavior.
    08-25-2015 12:40 PM
    Yup, apparently they changed the settings. No such option on the stock e-mail app. I can't remember if it was there or not on the Note 4 though, but if it was, I always set it to go back to the conversation list, not the next message, so that's why I didn't notice it was gone.

Most of these changes come from user feedback, and I know that most of us think that the way we like things is the way the majority does, but sometimes it's not. That being said, sometimes Sammy just takes out features for the sake of taking them out, even if it agrees with the majority. Having that option, in my opinion, shouldn't have impacted the performance at all.

But well, it's gone from the stock app. You can switch to a 3rd party e-mail app or if your account is a POP/IMAP one, add it to the GMail app instead.
    08-25-2015 12:56 PM
    Yup, apparently they changed the settings. No such option on the stock e-mail app. I can't remember if it was there or not on the Note 4 though, but if it was, I always set it to go back to the conversation list, not the next message, so that's why I didn't notice it was gone.

Most of these changes come from user feedback, and I know that most of us think that the way we like things is the way the majority does, but sometimes it's not. That being said, sometimes Sammy just takes out features for the sake of taking them out, even if it agrees with the majority. Having that option, in my opinion, shouldn't have impacted the performance at all.

But well, it's gone from the stock app. You can switch to a 3rd party e-mail app or if your account is a POP/IMAP one, add it to the GMail app instead.

Yes indeed a very annoying (lack of) feature. For this reason Have stopped using this otherwise a very simple user friendly email app.
    08-26-2016 01:30 PM
    Yes indeed a very annoying (lack of) feature. For this reason Have stopped using this otherwise a very simple user friendly email app.
    08-26-2016 01:31 PM