10-08-2016 02:40 AM
114 123 ...
tools
    With the Note 4, you could use Smart Select and select text on the screen. It gave you the option to extract that text to use some where else. If it was an address, it gave you the option to get directions to that address. If it was a number, gave you the option to call it. Now you can only save it to the gallery, scrapbook or share it as a picture. smh.
    08-25-2015 01:33 PM
    With the Note 4, you could use Smart Select and select text on the screen. It gave you the option to extract that text to use some where else. If it was an address, it gave you the option to get directions to that address. If it was a number, gave you the option to call it. Now you can only save it to the gallery, scrapbook or share it as a picture. smh.
    Press and hold the button on the S-Pen to select.
    08-25-2015 02:07 PM
    This.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-25-2015 02:40 PM
    This works for many things where you can't normally select text, but on the Note 4, I was able to use smart select on a picture with text and it would do text recognition.
    mlprce likes this.
    08-25-2015 03:00 PM
    But does not work for pics and text message. This for copying a text. I use to be able to get text recognition from anything even pics
    08-25-2015 04:28 PM
    But does not work for pics and text message. This for copying a text. I use to be able to get text recognition from anything even pics
    I started a thread about this over the weekend and didn't really get any responses. I don't think it was something people used often and doesn't seem like anyone knows a workaround. I looked for apps in the Galaxy App Store and couldn't find anything.
    08-25-2015 06:01 PM
    You can still do it. Write the info, click "More" at the top right, then link to action. It chooses the info with the box and the menu below what you wrote will scroll to the right for more options.
    Attached Thumbnails Smart Select has been Downgraded.-1440553031662.jpg   Smart Select has been Downgraded.-1440553041471.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 08:37 PM
    I started a thread about this over the weekend and didn't really get any responses. I don't think it was something people used often and doesn't seem like anyone knows a workaround. I looked for apps in the Galaxy App Store and couldn't find anything.
    Still works, see my post above.
    08-25-2015 08:38 PM
    that's if you use Smart Memo and write down an address or phone number. Before you could do the same thing from the Smart Select feature by selecting a text from a picture, webpage or any app.

Note 4
    You’ll find the Smart select option in your Air Command menu. Hover and drag the S Pen over any content that you want to capture and share. It will be stored on a kind of clipboard for later use. It can capture text, links, and images all at once. From the clipboard, you can select from the usual full range of sharing options to send it an email, post to social media, or open it in an app. You can also extract text from Smart select content and share it directly with an app, for example an address that opens in Google Maps, or a date that’s added directly to your calendar.
    08-25-2015 08:56 PM
    I never used it but to share a screenshot. Have you called Samsung and asked them about this?
    Bvassar likes this.
    08-25-2015 09:03 PM
    You can still do it. Write the info, click "More" at the top right, then link to action. It chooses the info with the box and the menu below what you wrote will scroll to the right for more options.
    that's if you use Smart Memo and write down an address or phone number. Before you could do the same thing from the Smart Select feature by selecting a text from a picture, webpage or any app.

Note 4
    You’ll find the Smart select option in your Air Command menu. Hover and drag the S Pen over any content that you want to capture and share. It will be stored on a kind of clipboard for later use. It can capture text, links, and images all at once. From the clipboard, you can select from the usual full range of sharing options to send it an email, post to social media, or open it in an app. You can also extract text from Smart select content and share it directly with an app, for example an address that opens in Google Maps, or a date that’s added directly to your calendar.
    Bvassar likes this.
    08-25-2015 09:03 PM
    i've sent an email. it was very handy.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-25-2015 09:07 PM
    I used the smart memo all the time when writing down info and using the map, emailing, adding appt, etc.
    08-25-2015 09:27 PM
    i've sent an email. it was very handy.
    Yes it was. I've planned vacations using that. I'd find places to go, clip them, then pull them back up and map, call, etc.

I still have my 4, but bummed to learn it may not be on the 5

08-25-2015 09:27 PM
    I also miss this feature. I also started a thread about it. Seems like a waste to have removed it.
    08-26-2015 01:49 PM
    Check the more button when you are in the action memo and see if those options are what you want.

If you write on action memo and then click more you can link to action..

Also, if you open S note you can download some of stuff that was standard on the previous notes.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    08-26-2015 01:53 PM
    is there an option to share this to calendar one thing i noticed on my iPhone 6 plus if i got an email with a date in it i could tap the date and it would create an event for that information within the email however on the note 5 i can share but not to the calendar.
    08-26-2015 01:59 PM
    is there an option to share this to calendar one thing i noticed on my iPhone 6 plus if i got an email with a date in it i could tap the date and it would create an event for that information within the email however on the note 5 i can share but not to the calendar.
    I have never done it from an email, just something I have written on an action memo.
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-26-2015 02:04 PM
    For clarication, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the text recognition in smart select, not handwriting to text conversion in S note or action memo.

08-26-2015 02:16 PM
    Yes, that is what they were asking about.. From email, which would be text.
    08-26-2015 02:17 PM
    So on the Note 4, you could get text copied out of a photo? Into a paste-able format?
    08-26-2015 02:37 PM
    So on the Note 4, you could get text copied out of a photo? Into a paste-able format?
    yep
    08-26-2015 02:47 PM
    Check the more button when you are in the action memo and see if those options are what you want.

If you write on action memo and then click more you can link to action..

Also, if you open S note you can download some of stuff that was standard on the previous notes.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    Thanks on the S note tip
    08-26-2015 02:52 PM
    If I understand what you're talking about, its in SNote. I believe its called photo select.

Edit: sorry...this is for the N4
    08-26-2015 02:53 PM
    yep
    That's badass!
    08-26-2015 03:01 PM
114 123 ...