12-04-2015 08:13 AM
26 12
tools
    Don't know if this is a stupid question but one of the features of the note 5 was to annotate pdfs.

Tried searching on how to do this feature and all I find is articles talking about rumors of the feature being added in the note 5.

I would find this feature very useful. If anyone has any idea I'd like to know.
    08-25-2015 03:35 PM
    Don't know if this is a stupid question but one of the features of the note 5 was to annotate pdfs.
    Tried searching on how to do this feature and all I find is articles talking about rumors of the feature being added in the note 5.
    I would find this feature very useful. If anyone has any idea I'd like to know.
    I haven't run into it as a default anywhere but I do use AAR to perform this feature.
    08-25-2015 03:50 PM
    I downloaded a pdf I had in google drive and the phone will automatically allow you to annotate it... Unless it's a read only pdf.
    08-26-2015 05:54 PM
    I think there are three little dots in the upper right hand corner if you're using adobe acrobat reader (or something like that), and there should be an "open with" option when you click on the dots. Click on "open with" and there should be an option for annotating.
    08-26-2015 06:07 PM
    I think there are three little dots in the upper right hand corner if you're using adobe acrobat reader (or something like that), and there should be an "open with" option when you click on the dots. Click on "open with" and there should be an option for annotating.
    Yes I think that's right
    08-26-2015 06:12 PM
    It looks like verizon decided to remove this feature from the Note 5.

Other carriers have a "write on pdf" app in application manager -all apps. Verizon does not.
    You can still import a pdf into s-note and do it, but I think it's lame that verizon would eliminate such a useful feature, especially since it isn't harmful to their pockets.
    09-06-2015 07:40 AM
    It looks like verizon decided to remove this feature from the Note 5.

Other carriers have a "write on pdf" app in application manager -all apps. Verizon does not.
    You can still import a pdf into s-note and do it, but I think it's lame that verizon would eliminate such a useful feature, especially since it isn't harmful to their pockets.
    Same with at&t. I use Adobe Fill and sign DC.
    09-06-2015 07:55 AM
    Same with at&t. I use Adobe Fill and sign DC.
    Are you sure? A guy on google+ has AT&T and he posted a screenshot of the write on pdf option.
    He opened a pdf in drive pdf viewer - menu - open with - write on pdf.
    09-06-2015 08:06 AM
    Are you sure? A guy on google+ has AT&T and he posted a screenshot of the write on pdf option.
    Haven't got it to work so far... I'll try again, would rather use a built in solution if I can get it to work.
    09-06-2015 08:20 AM
    I have t-mobile and have Abode. I long press with my finger and I get the Free Hand option to write on. After you can long press on the writing and change it or delete it. You need to long press on an empty space. No text.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails Annotate pdf?-1479.jpg  
    Connert likes this.
    09-06-2015 08:25 AM
    OK I see what's going on now. At&t version does have it but... I was opening pdf from email, in that case the open with "write on pdf" is not available but I can use Adobe Fill & Sign. If I have the pdf saved locally or available on a cloud drive then the native write on pdf function is an option in the open with menu. Thanks for the heads up on this! Nice to know it's there.
    09-06-2015 08:28 AM
    I have t-mobile and have Abode. I long press with my finger and I get the Free Hand option to write on. After you can long press on the writing and change it or delete it. You need to long press on an empty space. No text.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    There are many apps that can do it, including s-note via importing. I used xodo to sign a refinacing pdf last year.

My issue is that samsung applied for a write on pdf patent and included the feature on the note 5, but verizon decided to remove it.
    09-06-2015 08:30 AM
    Haven't got it to work so far... I'll try again, would rather use a built in solution if I can get it to work.
    I'm on Verizon and I couldn't find a way without 3rd party apps. I searched the play store and kept coming up with pay subscription services to sign pdfs.

Finally found Adobe Sign and Fill DC. Free app and no subscription. Works really well, not sure I could find anything I would like any better.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-06-2015 08:30 AM

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Now I see, thanks. This works ok but I think the options in Sign & Fill work better for me.

09-06-2015 08:38 AM
    There are many apps that can do it, including s-note via importing. I used xodo to sign a refinacing pdf last year.

My issue is that samsung applied for a write on pdf patent and included the feature on the note 5, but verizon decided to remove it.
    That's why I mentioned I am on t-mobile. I didn't see anyone post who was in t-mobile.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-06-2015 08:42 AM
    Now I see, thanks. This works ok but I think the options in Sign & Fill work better for me.

What do you like better about it?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-06-2015 08:42 AM
    That's why I mentioned I an on t-mobile. I didn't see anyone post who was in t-mobile.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Are you saying the t-mobile version doesn't have it either, or just that you prefer the other app?
    09-06-2015 08:54 AM
    Are you saying the t-mobile version doesn't have it either, or just that you prefer the other app?
    What? I said and showed a pic that tmobile DOES have it. You replied to that post. I edited the post you just quoted by changing one word/letter. Maybe that makes more sense now?

I just want tmobile users to know it's available to them because I didn't see any other tmobile user post on here.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-06-2015 09:03 AM
    What? I said and showed a pic that tmobile DOES have it. You replied to that post. I edited the post you just quoted by changing one word/letter. Maybe that makes more sense now?

I just want tmobile users to know it's available to them because I didn't see any other tmobile user post on here.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    That isn't the same thing.
    I can do the same thing on Verizon with hancom office viewer.
    I am talking about a specific application called write on pdf that appears as an option when opening a pdf.
    Attached Thumbnails Annotate pdf?-15-3.jpg  
    09-06-2015 09:32 AM
    What do you like better about it?

Posted via the *Note 5*
    It will save a signature and initials. Also, the text boxes for fill are very easy to use. Might just be a comfort level at this point as well, after playing around with it a bit it's just easy to use.

debdroid1a likes this.
    09-06-2015 09:39 AM
    I was wondering about this this morning since I do a lot of pdf signing for college and when I tried to download a pdf from chrome just to test it out, it doesn't give the option of "write on pdf" but when downloading it from drive it is the first option present. I'll have to test out different apps and see which ones give the option. I'm on T-Mobile. This is really a fantastic feature, but sign and fill is an option native to acrobat as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Annotate pdf?-1441552683363.jpg  
    09-06-2015 10:18 AM
    I was wondering about this this morning since I do a lot of pdf signing for college and when I tried to download a pdf from chrome just to test it out, it doesn't give the option of "write on pdf" but when downloading it from drive it is the first option present. I'll have to test out different apps and see which ones give the option. I'm on T-Mobile. This is really a fantastic feature, but sign and fill is an option native to acrobat as well.
    Do you have the hancom office viewer installed, and if so did you disable it?

I'm wondering if Verizon chose hancom over pdf write for some reason.

I just noticed that if I open a pdf from drive, the hancom free hand option isn't there.
    09-06-2015 11:38 AM
    Do you have the hancom office viewer installed, and if so did you disable it?

I'm wondering if Verizon chose hancom over pdf write for some reason.

I just noticed that if I open a pdf from drive, the hancom free hand option isn't there.
    I don't have hancom at all. I didn't like it on the note 4 and Microsoft Office apps and acrobat are what work best for my usage. It didn't come preloaded either.
    09-06-2015 11:54 AM
    Another user of Adobe Sign and Fill DC with my Verizon Note 5
    09-06-2015 03:33 PM
    I have used write on PDF feature on note 5 but after I write on the PDF and try to save it, there is a pop up message on below screen "failed to save document". Does anyone know why does it occured?and how to fix it?
    11-06-2015 10:46 PM
26 12