Got the Note 5 tonight and while using it I noticed something on the left side of the screen. Dead pixels? Not sure. It's definitely under the glass. It's like noticeable pixels in a circle. See in the picture above the box on the left? Ugh. Would you just deal with it? Getting tired of mailing phones back and forth.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Something wrong with the screen-1086088948.jpg  
    08-25-2015 11:10 PM
    I do not understand people that are so picky. I can't even see what you are talking about.
    bhatech and debdroid1a like this.
    08-26-2015 01:38 AM
    Hmm that's weird. I'd return it honestly. I can't stand little things like that. An $800 phone should be perfect (hardware-wise) out of the box.

djroy03 likes this.
    08-26-2015 01:47 AM
    I do not understand people that are so picky. I can't even see what you are talking about.
    Looks fairly noticeable to me. And when you have something small like this on your phone, you will always notice it from that point on. These are expensive devices; the user should be fully happy with their purchase. If something like this will be a nuisance, return it and get a new one.

djroy03 and zmann like this.
    08-26-2015 01:49 AM
    I cannot see death pixels, but you definitely have to be picky at such a price tag.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    08-26-2015 04:24 AM

This is a dead pixel on the monitor of my computer. It's noticeable, especially against any high color sold background. I can't see a dead pixel in the image you posted. I do see what may be an unbalanced color in the display. Hard to tell if it's that, or the camera causing that look. Is that what you are seeing? If it's an unbalanced color, one part of the screen has a color temperature and the other side has another color temperature. If that's the case, you can send it back, but you may get another similar unit. If you have owned past Galaxy phones, you probably would have come across it, it's pretty common. An app like "Screen RGB" will help you see it better.

But after spending all that money, you expect the best, and I would try to replace it. It may be an issue that gets bigger with more usage.
    08-26-2015 06:41 AM
    Got the Note 5 tonight and while using it I noticed something on the left side of the screen. Dead pixels? Not sure. It's definitely under the glass. It's like noticeable pixels in a circle. See in the picture above the box on the left? Ugh. Would you just deal with it? Getting tired of mailing phones back and forth.

I see it,, that's not right. I would return it. It's not being picky,, it's wanting what you paid alot of money for.

Note 5 is DOPE
    08-26-2015 06:49 AM
    I've zoomed in to what I'm talking about. Like another user said maybe I am being too picky. You really need to look for it. I just wanted a somewhat "perfect" unit this time. When the display is off I can also see the mark if I shine a flashlight on the screen and look really close. Looks like an imperfection on the screen. Rather that spend another $75 for taxes and shipping maybe I should just keep it. It'll be like a little "birthmark"..special to just my unit..lol.

Attached Thumbnails Something wrong with the screen-screenshot_2015-08-26-07-46-22.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-26-2015 06:51 AM
    Oh that? If you can see it when the display is off, then something got stuck in between the panel and the actual screen, unless the panel was dented somehow. Might be something as simple as a dust particle or a small piece on lint. Personally, that would annoy me and I would replace it, but if you can live with it, ok lol. Just know that it will always be there. A clean display is much better. Who knows if this a dust particle and it crept in during manufacturing or if there slight opening somewhere on your phone and more particles may get in.
    08-26-2015 07:07 AM
    When I came in to buy one, mine had 2 dead pixels and they agreed to change it on the spot. Dead pixels are annoying as they are very noticeable specially if you know where it is. On such high PPI screen it is more difficult to spot. But as others said its at least 800 usd, needs to be spot on.
    djroy03 likes this.
    08-26-2015 08:10 AM
    They're sending me another device tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

08-26-2015 08:45 AM
    Good news. The new phone does not have any apparent screen issues.

08-27-2015 02:45 PM