First off -- no, this is not a thread bashing the Note 5 -- I absolutely LOVE mine.

Rather, this is a thread about Samsung and their software.

So many manufacturers nowadays have moved all their custom software to the Play Store, which allows them to update the various apps (launchers, cameras, galleries, keyboards, etc) separately. This gives the manufacturer the ability to put out beneficial updates faster, without having to rely on OTA software updates.

Now I know Samsung has their own "store" which houses some of their apps, but let's be honest, it's pretty garbage and clunky to use (not to mention confusing to some users).

I would just like to hear thoughts about this, and see who would like to see Samsung implement something like this in the future. I would personally love to see them move their TW launcher to the Play Store, and see updates carried out that way because as it stands right now users are left dependent on their carriers for important updates (and we all know how that goes...).

There's my 2 cents, now you go.

Posted via the Android Central App
    bhatech likes this.
    08-26-2015 01:19 AM
    Yep completely agree !!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-26-2015 01:52 AM
    Coming from Apple one of the things I have had trouble getting used to are the updates. I can see why so many people are driven to install custom roms; the update schedule is atrocious. Months go by, if not years, waiting for fixes that are held up by those bloody carriers. I love your idea of these OEM carriers using the playstore for modular design like Google.

It shouldn't be needed however.

I would really love to talk to someone who is in charge of creating this carrier Frankenstein and what they need to accomplish their unholy tasks. If this is the system we are stuck with, how can Google and Samsung make it easier for these carriers to inject their seed into the software in the minimum time necessary before shipping it out? And also in the flying spaghetti monsters name what are the carriers doing to the software that requires months of testing before shipping?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-26-2015 03:03 AM
    My only big gripe:

Will Samsung ever learn?-screenshot_2015-08-26-10-27-33.jpg
    08-26-2015 09:34 AM