Note 5 WiFi Turns on at Startup

tktk88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Purchased 2 Note 5's love them I prefer to turn on WiFi manually don't use it a lot one of the Note 5's turns on WiFi at every startup the looking through the settings I can't find how to set it to where it will not turn on WiFI at startup. Any clues as to where to look?

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The one that is turning the WiFi on at startup, when you power down the phone, is WiFi on or off when powering down? Most often the state that a phone is in when shut down is the state it will go to when powered on.

I only power my phone down when it needs a reboot or when I need to clear the cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

tktk88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks the WiFI is off on both phones keep it off to help reduce power consumption but turns its self on at startup the other phone is off and does not come on at startup

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If my WiFi is off when I shut it off its off when phone turns on.

If yours isn't staying off maybe try Tasker out and create a profile to turn it off. I use Tasker and actually only turn on my WiFi when I am close to certain cell towers and if I leave out of range of those towers it turns my WiFi off, but you could just leave it off all the time if that's what you wanted and say if not connected to certain access points then leave off or something like that..

Idk just a suggestion

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tktk88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks bk will look into that I am sure there's a simple setting that I am overlooking some where never had this issues with Note 4 S5 S4 or S3 go figure LOL

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Weird problem. I don't have it. Could it be some app doing it? I would try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps and see if it still happens.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

tktk88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I figured it out finally the Note 5 that was turning Wi-Fi on at startup is my wife's her settings in the My T-Mobile account were set for Wi-Fi Manager to turn on at startup by default so turned it off thanks for the input guys

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2