Any leather cases that don't have a flip cover?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are tgere any options out there that protect the camera lens while in the case? I tend to throw my phone in my purse and I don't want the lens to get scuffed. I plan on getting a sleeve, but I was wondering if there were any other creative case options out there.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Are tgere any options out there that protect the camera lens while in the case? I tend to throw my phone in my purse and I don't want the lens to get scuffed. I plan on getting a sleeve, but I was wondering if there were any other creative case options out there.

Haven't seen any leather ones.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay... Here's some quick pictures of my case on the Note 5

This case has gotten my phone a lot of attention at work. When folks see it and find out it's the new Note 5 they have to play with it some and try out the s-pen with the screen off.

It's pretty cool to say the least.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

were did you get this case. This looks like a great replacement for my leather apple case.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
were did you get this case. This looks like a great replacement for my leather apple case.

Off eBay.. Check ELAkid's post for the link on the first page.

I just ordered this one tonight... A little bit different but looks great. It's from a different seller though but cost $5.99 shipped. I like the looks of the cut outs and the leather insert inside the case.

Attachments

• 405.jpg
    405.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 59

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Off eBay.. Check ELAkid's post for the link on the first page.

I just ordered this one tonight... A little bit different but looks great. It's from a different seller though but cost $5.99 shipped. I like the looks of the cut outs and the leather insert inside the case.

I'm looking for a case like this. .. you order this one off ebay

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a case like this. .. you order this one off ebay

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes just a few minutes ago. Go to the link ELAkid posted on the first page and scroll down to the more like this section. It's called the Luxury leather slot back case.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The Tetded case looks just like the one I got sans the stand /cardholders on the back. It cost a great deal more too from the prices I have found.

Just to be clear, the cases you are talking about are PU Leather, while the Tetded cases are actual, real leather.

They are not the same thing, and the price reflects that fact.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear, the cases you are talking about are PU Leather, while the Tetded cases are actual, real leather.

They are not the same thing, and the price reflects that fact.

Yup I know the difference between them, but the looks are still pretty similar,and 1 other thing I know, and that is with leather stretched that thin to keep the bulk down to a minimum it will show signs of wear quicker too. Ask the guys who have the LG g4's. I had one...

The Tetded's are excellent cases and are a great buy for the quality you are getting, but at 1/6th the cost and free shipping for those I posted they are too if you don't mind PU Leather. They really do feel great unlike some other types I have owned.

I will probably email Tetded and see if some brown leather is in the works or even a Burgundy snakeskin, the 2 tone one I don't know if I would like it or not.

Last edited:

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I got the Tetded case today... pretty sure I'll like it when they send the correct one.

The sticker on the box says it's for the Note 5, but it's not deep enough for the phone to fit, the cutout for the power button is not aligned correctly, and even if it would snap into place, the corner would block the S Pen...

I emailed them and described the problem (with a picture as well), so we'll see what they say. Pretty disappointed at the moment, though, considering I paid extra for faster shipping...for a case that doesn't fit.

089c03499d83d69a67dbff775dfe5931.jpg

5cd27c32da357cb591333e9dc3bc9a31.jpg

3e8d7ba3900fbe0f23bef0f894b95077.jpg

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a real bummer... I would certainly think they'll do the right thing, and expedite the correct case out to you.

Let us know how their customer service responds....

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
They emailed me back within a couple hours to apologize and verify that I still wanted a case for the Note5.

I replied that I did, and they immediately wrote back and said I would be receiving another email with a tracking number for a new case as soon as it shipped.

Nothing yet, but my first order took a couple days to ship.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering about this too and I found another case on ebay that looks promising that seems like somewhat of median between the prices of the two other cases mentioned. Pierre Cardin Genuine Leather Hard Back Case Cover Skin for Samsung Galaxy NOTE5 | eBay

Thanks for this post and the link. I'll be the Guinea pig for it just to see the quality of it. I placed an order with them for a black one and will post up pictures when it comes in. Same for the other PU Leather cases coming my way.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
This is the one I went with BTW

Attachments

• 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 134

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got this case in todays mail..

It's very nice for a PU Leather case and I like it more than the first one I have since the sides are cut out for the buttons on it and it has a nice insert inside it for the phone to rest on. The corners are protected more on this one and it works well with the wireless chargers.

While this is no real leather, it has a very nice feel to it and appears to be constructed well and it fits perfectly on my Note. For a very light and non bulky solution that has a lot of eye appeal $5.99 shipped is pretty good.

Next one in will be the real leather one in black and I can do a side by side review of the pu leather vs the real leather one and get up some good pictures of each this time.

Attachments

• 426.jpg
    426.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 121

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Ahhhhhh... the smell of real leather is so nice. The Pierre Cardin leather case came in todays mail. Now this case is staying on my phone for a while... Pics later

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I got a grey Pierre Cardin a couple of weeks back. It's nice. I wish the text on the back weren't there. It'd thinner than I thought it would be but the fold and stitching toward on the bottom prevent wireless charging on my Tylt unless I turn it sideways.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
They emailed me back within a couple hours to apologize and verify that I still wanted a case for the Note5.

I replied that I did, and they immediately wrote back and said I would be receiving another email with a tracking number for a new case as soon as it shipped.

Nothing yet, but my first order took a couple days to ship.
So to update... I received the new (correct) case from Tetded the following Monday, via Fedex, with no request to send the other one back. They also included a bonus item... I think it's a card wallet, but I couldn't find it on their site.

55aaa4d9aecd3d17ddf126499746c880.jpg
3821ac086e8f58ddfe5898a0cd417ec3.jpg

So, great customer service! However... after having used the case for the past (almost) 2 weeks, I'm not impressed with the quality. The pictures below are of the leather wearing thin already... and not from heavy use, tossing onto the nightstand, dropping, etc... No, this wear is simply from holding the phone during use.

4039d0134ea9b67fda3440fe60cfcc2d.jpg
5bb2670cabc79b95813705f94a7a304e.jpg

So as of about 10 minutes ago, when the mailman stopped by, my phone is now wearing the Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon.

So to summarize Tetded... service is great; quality is lacking.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
So to update... I received the new (correct) case from Tetded the following Monday, via Fedex, with no request to send the other one back. They also included a bonus item... I think it's a card wallet, but I couldn't find it on their site.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/55aaa4d9aecd3d17ddf126499746c880.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/3821ac086e8f58ddfe5898a0cd417ec3.jpg

So, great customer service! However... after having used the case for the past (almost) 2 weeks, I'm not impressed with the quality. The pictures below are of the leather wearing thin already... and not from heavy use, tossing onto the nightstand, dropping, etc... No, this wear is simply from holding the phone during use.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/4039d0134ea9b67fda3440fe60cfcc2d.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/5bb2670cabc79b95813705f94a7a304e.jpg

So as of about 10 minutes ago, when the mailman stopped by, my phone is now wearing the Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon.

So to summarize Tetded... service is great; quality is lacking.

Man that is a real shame.

If you really want that style of case for your phone, then I suggest you grab one of these Pierre Cardin cases off eBay..

They are excellent quality and real leather unlike the other ones that I have bought. I know you prefer real leather to the PU so I think you will like this one. I carry mine in my PDair leather holster all the time at work and it's in and out hundreds of times a day without any signs of premature wearing on the corners or back, and when I am not at work I keep my Note in my pockets and laying on tables and such.

I did drop it 2 times from a couple of feet up, and thankfully no harm came to the phone or the case. It is pretty thick leather, and a lot thicker than my LG g4 leather back.

To be truthful I wasn't expecting it to be as good of quality as what the Tetded was but seeing how yours has worn I'm glad I got this one.

For $17.00 shipped it's a great deal.

Sorry I didn't have a picture of my Note in it, I just took it out and snapped these pics.

Attachments

• 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 200.jpg
    200.jpg