Any leather cases that don't have a flip cover?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So to update..... after having used the case for the past (almost) 2 weeks, I'm not impressed with the quality. The pictures below are of the leather wearing thin already... and not from heavy use.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the Tetdad case.

I ordered the same, black leather case as you have, and it's been on my Note 5 for over three weeks.

It looks as good as the day I received it. Not saying that I doubt yours is wearing through, but I felt in fairness to Tetdad, I'd post my experience with the same case.

I have really enjoyed this case. It is thin, not adding much thickness (or protection?) to the Note 5. Feels great in my hand, and makes the Note 5 much less slippery.

My only quibble is that there is no protection on the top or bottom, other then on the corners.

I haven't dropped my Note 5 with the Tetdad case on it (or off it), so I can't speak to how much protection this case provides. It certainly isn't the most protective case, but it also doesn't add to the overall size of your phone, as I mentioned.

Glock... if I were you, and if you liked the case other then the quick wear and tear, I'd email them and send them pictures of the case, and see if they offer to replace it. You may not want to bother, but again, if it costs you nothing but time, and IF you liked the case other then that it wore out quickly, you have nothing to lose.

Based on the postive reviews of other Tetdad cases on Amazon, I just have a hard time believing that most of their cases wear out in a couple of weeks!

I didn't bother to post photos of my Tetdad case, as it's the exact same as Glocks, but without the wear marks. If anyone is interested in seeing it for some reason, let me know and I'd be happy to post photos.

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My gray Pierre Cardin case is pretty nice. My only complaints would be 1. I have to sit my phone sideways on my wireless charger because of the raised seam toward the bottom on the back and 2. There are places where the grey is starting to turn black. It looks like the just dyed black leather grey and it doesn't look terrible, maybe even nice in a worn kind of way but it did not take long for the grey to start coming off.

I'm going case free right now but I might investigate a brown Pierre Cardin.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My gray Pierre Cardin case is pretty nice. My only complaints would be 1. I have to sit my phone sideways on my wireless charger because of the raised seam toward the bottom on the back and 2. There are places where the grey is starting to turn black. It looks like the just dyed black leather grey and it doesn't look terrible, maybe even nice in a worn kind of way but it did not take long for the grey to start coming off.

I'm going case free right now but I might investigate a brown Pierre Cardin.

I like the darker brown too. It matches my leather coats and my seats in my Silverado.

This black one I have is still in like new condition and isn't showing any signs of wearing through. I'm pretty impressed with it to say the least.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

Kunyey

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry you had a bad experience with the Tetdad case.

I ordered the same, black leather case as you have, and it's been on my Note 5 for over three weeks.

It looks as good as the day I received it. Not saying that I doubt yours is wearing through, but I felt in fairness to Tetdad, I'd post my experience with the same case.

I have really enjoyed this case. It is thin, not adding much thickness (or protection?) to the Note 5. Feels great in my hand, and makes the Note 5 much less slippery.

My only quibble is that there is no protection on the top or bottom, other then on the corners.

I haven't dropped my Note 5 with the Tetdad case on it (or off it), so I can't speak to how much protection this case provides. It certainly isn't the most protective case, but it also doesn't add to the overall size of your phone, as I mentioned.

Glock... if I were you, and if you liked the case other then the quick wear and tear, I'd email them and send them pictures of the case, and see if they offer to replace it. You may not want to bother, but again, if it costs you nothing but time, and IF you liked the case other then that it wore out quickly, you have nothing to lose.

Based on the postive reviews of other Tetdad cases on Amazon, I just have a hard time believing that most of their cases wear out in a couple of weeks!

I didn't bother to post photos of my Tetdad case, as it's the exact same as Glocks, but without the wear marks. If anyone is interested in seeing it for some reason, let me know and I'd be happy to post photos.

Same experience here, I've had it on my phone for 2 weeks now and it hasn't shown any signs of wear and tear and I'm constantly putting it in my pockets and backpack.

I'd definitely reach out, their customer service is pretty good. The first case I got was crushed in the mail and they sent me a new one after I took a few photos.

Hope this helps

Progsoul

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Nice thread! I love the minimalist approach of tetded design and i love slim genuine leather cases. Some questions:
1. What do you think would look better on the dark blue note 5, the black one like some here bought or the dark blue one? maybe someone got the dark blue one and can comment?
2. How is the top and bottom bezel protection for you guys?
3. Is it easy to take the s pen out of the phone?
4. Will any tempered glass front protector work with this case? I'd like edge to edge tg.
I'm most likely buying a note 5 soon in dark blue or so called "black sapphire"...

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Nice thread! I love the minimalist approach of tetded design and i love slim genuine leather cases. Some questions:
1. What do you think would look better on the dark blue note 5, the black one like some here bought or the dark blue one? maybe someone got the dark blue one and can comment?
2. How is the top and bottom bezel protection for you guys?
3. Is it easy to take the s pen out of the phone?
4. Will any tempered glass front protector work with this case? I'd like edge to edge tg.
I'm most likely buying a note 5 soon in dark blue or so called "black sapphire"...

I love my Pierre Cardin leather case.

The corners are protected well but the middle sections top and bottom are exposed.

I use the Zagg on mine with no issues.

The spen is easy to use

I prefer the black leather myself.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So to update... I received the new (correct) case from Tetded the following Monday, via Fedex, with no request to send the other one back. They also included a bonus item... I think it's a card wallet, but I couldn't find it on their site.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/55aaa4d9aecd3d17ddf126499746c880.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/3821ac086e8f58ddfe5898a0cd417ec3.jpg

So, great customer service! However... after having used the case for the past (almost) 2 weeks, I'm not impressed with the quality. The pictures below are of the leather wearing thin already... and not from heavy use, tossing onto the nightstand, dropping, etc... No, this wear is simply from holding the phone during use.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/4039d0134ea9b67fda3440fe60cfcc2d.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/26/5bb2670cabc79b95813705f94a7a304e.jpg

So as of about 10 minutes ago, when the mailman stopped by, my phone is now wearing the Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon.

So to summarize Tetded... service is great; quality is lacking.

What is that green MOKO case all about? It that leather? Love that green.

Progsoul

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I love my Pierre Cardin leather case.

The corners are protected well but the middle sections top and bottom are exposed.

I use the Zagg on mine with no issues.

The spen is easy to use

I prefer the black leather myself.

Thanks for the answer.
The pierre cardin look definitely high quality but i like tetded minimalist design a bit more and it has both black and dark blue colors which i really like. Hopefully some tetded users can reply.

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I ran across a several interesting brands of cases that add functionalities aka. modular cases. If you want to combine leather case style and modularities I reccomend I-blades. They had one premium leather model for the Samsung G6 The whole concept is simmilar on the ARA idea, except the modularities are integrated in the case. I preordered one for my Note 5, if there is leather version launched I higly recommend it.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87