Any leather cases that don't have a flip cover?

shibosway

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Are you thinking of something that's not like a leather sleeve but more like a tpu case attached to leather on the back? Or something in all leather that's a case? I work with leather for a living so I'm considering trying something like that out. If there's demand, I can make them.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you thinking of something that's not like a leather sleeve but more like a tpu case attached to leather on the back? Or something in all leather that's a case? I work with leather for a living so I'm considering trying something like that out. If there's demand, I can make them.

Any samples or prototypes that we could peek at to see what we could be purchasing?

shibosway

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
You can check out the stuff I make @neverbeenbetterco on instagram, etsy and my website Never Been Better Co — Home to see the quality of the work I do.

Ive got a big order I'm working on atm but give me a few days and I can bang out a prototype or at least some design sketches. I was planning on taking a flip cover case I ordered and reverse engineering the pattern, but a sleeve or a leather backed TPU bumper is an easy enough thing to make.

Do you all have any ideas for features you would like?

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
You can check out the stuff I make @neverbeenbetterco on instagram, etsy and my website Never Been Better Co — Home to see the quality of the work I do.

Ive got a big order I'm working on atm but give me a few days and I can bang out a prototype or at least some design sketches. I was planning on taking a flip cover case I ordered and reverse engineering the pattern, but a sleeve or a leather backed TPU bumper is an easy enough thing to make.

You do beautiful work!

Posted via the Android Central App

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

Would it be possible to make a case like the Apple Iphone 6 leather case? Something simple, leather back case that gives just the right about of protection.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking something like the Apple Iphone 6 leather back case. I'm comign from the Iphone 6 plus had the black leather case made from Apple and it was really the perfect case, minimal form factor with just the right protection.

Kunyey

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

You can check this one out. I wanted the same thing and searched for hours and hours. Decided on this one, will post pics once I get it. I tried to post the link but apparently need 10 posts before I can do so.

Google TETDED and then go to the Note 5 page and scroll all the way to the bottom. I got the black one.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It does look pretty good, plus it's ships from California, and not from overseas :)

And for $4.88 it's a good buy plus free shipping.

I figured I might as well give it a shot since it's not real expensive hopefully it'll hold up and the leather looks nice.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
And for $4.88 it's a good buy plus free shipping.

I figured I might as well give it a shot since it's not real expensive hopefully it'll hold up and the leather looks nice.

Let us know your thoughts when you receive it :)

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

You can check this one out. I wanted the same thing and searched for hours and hours. Decided on this one, will post pics once I get it. I tried to post the link but apparently need 10 posts before I can do so.

Google TETDED and then go to the Note 5 page and scroll all the way to the bottom. I got the black one.

Looks good. Ordered it.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Let us know your thoughts when you receive it :)

Well my leather case came in todays mail. I ordered the antique brown leather one since I like that color and matches my other leather products fairly close.

This is the most thinnest leather case I have ever owned. The build quality is excellent and the stitching for the little card holder / stand is done very well.

This really isn't /shouldn't be considered a case, but more of a leather wrap since the entire top and bottom of the phone is open with slight bumps for all the bottom ports and speakers.

For the power button there is a small circle of gold metallic dyed area which is dead center of the power button and for the volume rockers a single small rectangular bar with a plus and minus symbol of the same material and the + and — symbol is directly on the edge of each. All work perfectly without any problems as does the USB port, headphone jack, s-pen, and speaker port.

I apologize for not having any pictures available right now to post, but will get some up tomorrow.

I can honestly say that for the paltry sum of $4.88 total cost including shipping spent on this that it is a truly great investment for someone who prefers to carry their phone or in their pants pocket and not use a holster. This slides easily in and out of my pockets and gives a wonderful feel to the otherwise cold sickness the naked note 5 has and is about as close to being bare minimum while still giving some protection for the phone. I would still not want to drop the phone, but am more confident that I wouldn't have it slip out of my hand with it on as opposed to being naked. It does provide a good measure of tackyness as most leather naturally does.

The wrap fits very snug and shows no sign of letting the phone slip or rattle around with it in place.

I had a LG g4 with the leather back from AT&T and while that leather was a higher grade and so too was the stitching, I actually prefer this to it. Where on the g4 the leather felt somewhat thin, this one is visably thicker and with the plastic case underneath it comes up on the outside some to protect the corners of the phone, where as the g4 didn't.

Like I said I feel that this is a fantastic find for the Note and for anyone who wants a minimal case that improves the feel of their phone and that looks this good on it should try one.

The only fault I can find with it is on the flap/stand. It will open up completely and allow the phone to fall backwards if not positioned correctly since there is no means to do this, but it IMHO allows the stand /flap to fit flusher to the back of the case and not be prone to snagging on something pulling it in and out of my pockets.

FWIW I just ordered a black one with the red stitching just to have on hand. For this price it's a no brainer to me

Last edited:

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Well my leather case came in todays mail. I ordered the antique brown leather one since I like that color and matches my other leather products fairly close.

This is the most thinnest leather case I have ever owned. The build quality is excellent and the stitching for the little card holder / stand is done very well.

This really isn't /shouldn't be considered a case, but more of a leather wrap since the entire top and bottom of the phone is open with slight bumps for all the bottom ports and speakers.

For the power button there is a small circle of gold metallic dyed area which is dead center of the power button and for the volume rockers a single small rectangular bar with a plus and minus symbol of the same material and the + and — symbol is directly on the edge of each. All work perfectly without any problems as does the USB port, headphone jack, s-pen, and speaker port.

I apologize for not having any pictures available right now to post, but will get some up tomorrow.

I can honestly say that for the paltry sum of $4.88 total cost including shipping spent on this that it is a truly great investment for someone who prefers to carry their phone or in their pants pocket and not use a holster. This slides easily in and out of my pockets and gives a wonderful feel to the otherwise cold sickness the naked note 5 has and is about as close to being bare minimum while still giving some protection for the phone. I would still not want to drop the phone, but am more confident that I wouldn't have it slip out of my hand with it on as opposed to being naked. It does provide a good measure of tackyness as most leather naturally does.

The wrap fits very snug and shows no sign of letting the phone slip or rattle around with it in place.

I had a LG g4 with the leather back from AT&T and while that leather was a higher grade and so too was the stitching, I actually prefer this to it. Where on the g4 the leather felt somewhat thin, this one is visably thicker and with the plastic case underneath it comes up on the outside some to protect the corners of the phone, where as the g4 didn't.

Like I said I feel that this is a fantastic find for the Note and for anyone who wants a minimal case that improves the feel of their phone and that looks this good on it should try one.

The only fault I can find with it is on the flap/stand. It will open up completely and allow the phone to fall backwards if not positioned correctly since there is no means to do this, but it IMHO allows the stand /flap to fit flusher to the back of the case and not be prone to snagging on something pulling it in and out of my pockets.

FWIW I just ordered a black one with the red stitching just to have on hand. For this price it's a no brainer to me

Nice, thanks for the detailed review, sometimes the most unknown brands produce pretty good products.

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else finds a leather case post up. I'm coming from the iPhone 6+ and had the black Apple leather case for it. Absolutely loved it. Would like to find something similar for my Note 5. Right now I'm sporting the Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon Case. It isn't too bad but adds some bulk. Would love the slimness and feel of leather though.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

This looks exactly like what I've been looking for!

Has this arrived yet? Can you post photos once you get it?

Looks really nice... I don't want a cover, just want a leather back for my Note 5!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc