I have the 32gb note 5, should I upgrade to 64gb?

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
While I would love to swap mine for the 64 it's apparently not an option in white on Verizon. Just got off the phone with a VZN. rep who couldn't even order one on his system. Not that I NEED 64 GBs but it's nice to have and helps with resale value.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am assuming everyone who has been answering yes bought the phone outright, not leasing, correct? For some dumb reason, T-mobile won't just add $5 a month for a lease for the 64gb, they want you to put down $100. A total ripoff.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bought the 64gb AT&T version using their Next program, $0 down.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 64gb AT&T version using their Next program, $0 down.

Posted via the Android Central App
Hmm. It sounds like T-mobile are the only ones that can't figure out the correct pricing.
I am not dropping an additional $100 for a phone that I might only have 6 months to a year.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It depends on what type of user you are. I am a cloud user. All of my photos and videos are uploaded to the cloud in full quality, then erased off my phone once a month. I stream everything. I have zero music or movies on my phone. I use Spotify, Netflix, etc.. I've never had more than 20GB used on a phone, so it's a waste of $100 for me to buy the 64GB.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what type of user you are. I am a cloud user. All of my photos and videos are uploaded to the cloud in full quality, then erased off my phone once a month. I stream everything. I have zero music or movies on my phone. I use Spotify, Netflix, etc.. I've never had more than 20GB used on a phone, so it's a waste of $100 for me to buy the 64GB.

Same here don't need 64gb. Traveling internationally on vacation taking pics and videos. I'm uploading them to the cloud. I have 19gb left after talking quality pics and videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same debate. Loaded my 32 with everything I could need and then some. I now have 15 left. I use Google Photos and carousel for all my photos and steam my music. In my case the answer is not worth it but if I was not on a tmobile unlimited plan with unlimited music streaming on top of that my answer might be different.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. It sounds like T-mobile are the only ones that can't figure out the correct pricing.
I am not dropping an additional $100 for a phone that I might only have 6 months to a year.

T-mobile wasn't an additional $100. They were $699 and $779. Also done on Jump on Demand, the 64 gb will cost $24 and some change, less than the 32 gb each month. T-Mobile will be issuing credit each month.

I bought my T-Mobile 64 gb on release day.

In total I'm paying get $684.16 for my Note 5, and that includes my $99.99 down. Which is cheaper than the full price of the 32 gb.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming everyone who has been answering yes bought the phone outright, not leasing, correct? For some dumb reason, T-mobile won't just add $5 a month for a lease for the 64gb, they want you to put down $100. A total ripoff.

T-Mobile is a a lease purchase, with all their Jump on Demand phones, unless they have a sale as they did with my S6E 64 gb, you pay something down on the higher gb phones.

Also I'll pay mine off early and then own the phone and can sell it and not have to turn it back in when I get a new phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile wasn't an additional $100. They were $699 and $779. Also done on Jump on Demand, the 64 gb will cost $24 and some change, less than the 32 gb each month. T-Mobile will be issuing credit each month.

I bought my T-Mobile 64 gb on release day.

In total I'm paying get $684.16 for my Note 5, and that includes my $99.99 down. Which is cheaper than the full price of the 32 gb.
You just said it wasn't $100 more, then you said you put down $99. That's $99 more. Are we splitting hairs here? I don't care about the total price paid over 18-24 months. That's not what this program is for. You get the newest phones for a monthly rate, usually lower than the regular JUMP program. Add up your $24 and change per month plus $99. Over 6 months that's roughly $250. If yiu turn it in to upgrade, that comes out to over $41 a month. Of course, the longer you keep it, the lower the monthly rate turns out to be.
That's the point I was trying to make. Very bad deal IMO.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You just said it wasn't $100 more, then you said you put down $99. That's $99 more. Are we splitting hairs here? I don't care about the total price paid over 18-24 months. That's not what this program is for. You get the newest phones for a monthly rate, usually lower than the regular JUMP program. Add up your $24 and change per month plus $99. Over 6 months that's roughly $250. If yiu turn it in to upgrade, that comes out to over $41 a month. Of course, the longer you keep it, the lower the monthly rate turns out to be.
That's the point I was trying to make. Very bad deal IMO.

I will pay the phone off in a few months. I don't lease. Then if I want a new phone, I have this one to keep or sell.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I came from AT&T, you pay much more to AT&T.

If you want to lease, lease the $0 down phones. Myself and many, don't want to lease and you can JOD without turning your phone back in and then sell the old one and pay off the new one, you come out better that way. Plus with JOD, payments are cheaper and you don't pay taxes.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It isn't 100 more.

$699 vs $779 is not $100.
You're only reading half into what he's saying. The whole point of a lease is cheaper payments for the cost of never owning it. Maybe the full retail isn't $100 more, but full retail is irrelevant with a lease. No matter how you look at it, we're still spending $100 more on a 64GB than a 32GB when using Jump on Demand.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You're only reading half into what he's saying. The whole point of a lease is cheaper payments for the cost of never owning it. Maybe the full retail isn't $100 more, but full retail is irrelevant with a lease. No matter how you look at it, we're still spending $100 more on a 64GB than a 32GB when using Jump on Demand.

No I'm not reading half of what he is saying. At T-mobile lease payments are the same as buy payments.

Doesn't matter if you JOD to lease or own, prices are the same.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
No I'm not reading half if what he is saying. At T-mobile lease payments are the same as buy payments.
Not even close. The iPhone 6+ lease payment is $19 and purchase payment is $31. The Note 5 lease payment is also $5-10 less than the purchase payment, but I can't remember the exact price.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not even close. The iPhone 6+ lease payment is $19 and purchase payment is $31. The Note 5 lease payment is also $5-10 less than the purchase payment, but I can't remember the exact price.

Actually, when you have JOD the prices are the same. And JOD is technically a lease and you can choose to pay the last 6 months or turn it it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084