I have the 32gb note 5, should I upgrade to 64gb?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just verified. Lease is Jump on Demand. IPhones are cheaper right now because there is a special, we have two at the price. The Note 5 is cheaper less than $5, which I posted about what I am paying.

That is the only lease program T-Mobile has, Jump on Demand and you can pay it off at 18 months and keep it pay it off early and keep it or turn it in.

Mcislak

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
i purchased the 32 last saturday and returned it and purchased the 64 yesterday. always had 64 gb iPhones and don't want to risk it.

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
It's always nice to have extra storage but I think we should all be boycotting the pricing structures on expanded storage. 32gb more for $100 is price gouging pure and simple. Some OEMs are starting to be more reasonable on higher storage at lower prices. If everyone would stop buying the higher storage devices at this price they would lower their prices.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You're only reading half into what he's saying. The whole point of a lease is cheaper payments for the cost of never owning it. Maybe the full retail isn't $100 more, but full retail is irrelevant with a lease. No matter how you look at it, we're still spending $100 more on a 64GB than a 32GB when using Jump on Demand.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Thank you! Someone gets it.
The whole point of JOD is to lease, not own, turn it in and get another new phone.
Getting JOD, paying it off in 3 months, selling it, then buying a new phone is not what this plan is for. It's paying approximately $25 a month continually and always having a top end phone to use.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The whole point of JOD is to lease, not own, turn it in and get another new phone.
Getting JOD, paying it off in 3 months, selling it, then buying a new phone is not what this plan is for. It's paying approximately $25 a month continually and always having a top end phone to use.

Actually, that is not how T-Mobile has it set up. It is a lease or lease purchase. They are upfront about the price per month.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

g9645994

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I too purchased the 32GB, now I want the 64GB. For those who switched, did you have to pay re-stocking fee? I have Sprint by the way.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
it really all depends on what you need. i have the 32gb (mostly because i need to keep my monthly bill somewhat affordable)
At the end of every month i clear out all the pictures off my phone and put them on an external hard drive which i keep locked in a safe.. Also have many cloud options. I keep school work on MS cloud and BS stuff on googles. and some apps only backup on dropbox... lol so 32gb works for me.

if you can afford upgrade i would say sure why not.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the 32gb last week because they didn't have the 64 gb. They have them now and I can exchange it but is it worth $100? I have about 12 gigs left on the 32gb model but don't know if that's enough for a while. What do you guys think I should do? Keep the 32 or get the 64 gb?

Posted via the Android Central App

I contemplated this and there are so many ways around the storage issue. I was foing to get the 64 but decided to get the 32 and save $100 because in my note 4 still had 14 GB free based on my use for apps etc. I also had a 64 GB sd card in my note that I was only using 10 GB after almost a year. I was researching and talking to others who have used the external sd card adapter in the link and you just plug it in to your phone to get/transfer your movies and photos. Great price and definitely less than $100 bucks. I don't store music on my phone I stream on AT&T unlimited. There are others that support both flash drives and SD cards both.

Dash Micro - Mini MicroSD Card Reader for Android, with Case & USB-MicroUSB Adapter, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RA0B39...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4647786

Alan FL

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
While I would love to swap mine for the 64 it's apparently not an option in white on Verizon. Just got off the phone with a VZN. rep who couldn't even order one on his system. Not that I NEED 64 GBs but it's nice to have and helps with resale value.

I'm no expert, but I've looked around the net a bit trying to decide which version I should buy.
What I found in my unscientific survey is that you get about the same amount back that you pay out for the extra storage.
So if the 32gb model sells for $500 (privately), the 64gb go for around $80 (or so) more, so you won't benefit by buying more storage than you need thinking about a higher resale value. YMMV.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
No... not for my needs anyway. It's mainly because of cloud storage and I'm streaming almost everything. I transfer and/or have backups of almost everything my phone so the extra 32 would be wasted upon me. If this phone was my only source of entertainment, if I played a lot of games or I didn't use google music, netflix (as mentioned by itsnotmeitsyou above) or dropbox and so on as in the past then maybe... but times have changed and so have I!

Tis nice to have choices though.

Sctrojansintx

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
77e2941770ce56a0a1782c91c7112ea9.jpg

Have the 64 and have bout 15-20 apps installed currently and still have plenty of room

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So a few months with my 32 gig note 5 and I regret not upgrading. I can't fit all my music so I'm stuck streaming everything off of Google play. The phone is amazing but I made a mistake on the low storage.

QuazMang

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile's jump program. I just tried out the V10 for a month.. loved it but needed to try the Note 5. I wasn't sure if I was going to want to keep it or not so I stuck with 32 just in case.. I wonder if they would make me use a jump if I wanted to upgrade to the 64 within 15 days or something.. I'd probably have to pay a restocking fee.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 64gb at the beginning. Granted, i don't have a lot store on device, most contents are on the cloud. However as of now, i have 30gb available space on my device. The bottom line is, if you can afford to upgrade to 64gb, I would. Or wait for Note 6 and upgrade to 64gb note 6.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
If you are considering this primarily for music and video storage, you can always use a USB drive via an adapter or a USB 2go which has a micro USB built in.

If you are a power user and want the space for more apps or more elbow room for future OS updates then the 64gb might be a better option.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I got 64Gb about 4 months ago. I have 20Gb taken by the system and apps. I have no music stored on this phone, very few documents and about 340 pics. If I had 32Gb of memory, I would be very worried. I say go for 64, it's a must in absence of a microSD slot.

Posted on shiny naked titanium silver Note 5