03-01-2016 01:02 PM
128 123 ...
tools
    I LOVE and USE daily my IR blaster on my N4 and my old S4.
    Why would they not put it on a new device?
    Must be something I'm not getting that's positive about it.
    08-14-2015 05:55 AM
    I LOVE and USE daily my IR blaster on my N4 and my old S4.
    Why would they not put it on a new device?
    Must be something I'm not getting that's positive about it.
    The note missing an IR blaster isnt a big deal to me. I along with mostly every other Samsung user I know, also have the Gear watches. They have the IR blaster on em. I don't need it on both devices.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    08-14-2015 10:48 AM
    I'm honestly upset they removed it as well, but its not a deal breaker for me
    TV417 likes this.
    08-14-2015 10:56 AM
    I'm honestly upset they removed it as well, but its not a deal breaker for me
    I never use my IR blaster on any of my devices. What am I missing with that feature? I get the whole tv thing but to me that's clunky and a remote is better or wifi control is better.
    debdroid1a and bassjo like this.
    08-14-2015 11:36 AM
    I never use my IR blaster on any of my devices. What am I missing with that feature? I get the whole tv thing but to me that's clunky and a remote is better or wifi control is better.
    Its actually pretty useful if you have multiple TVs around the house. I'm in my room and change the channel, and if I go downstairs, which has a different brand TV, I can use the phone to still control it
    It also controls the Verizon FIOS box, DVR, and my other devices
    08-14-2015 11:44 AM
    Its actually pretty useful if you have multiple TVs around the house. I'm in my room and change the channel, and if I go downstairs, which has a different brand TV, I can use the phone to still control it
    It also controls the Verizon FIOS box, DVR, and my other devices
    Sadly this never worked for me since I have remotes in each of those rooms so if I go in there the remote is on the table where I sit so I can always change it. Pulling out my phone and doing it would actually take longer.
    08-14-2015 11:50 AM
    Sadly this never worked for me since I have remotes in each of those rooms so if I go in there the remote is on the table where I sit so I can always change it. Pulling out my phone and doing it would actually take longer.
    Eh well yeah if you have the remotes in each room probably wouldn't need it, but its convenient if the remote is on the table, and you are on the couch, and you don't want to get up

Also I do not use Samsung's Peel app which sucks. I use this app called Smart Remote which is easy and works with almost every device, and you can switch between them instantly so its not that much longer
    Backlash64 likes this.
    08-14-2015 11:54 AM
    I love this feature and for me it's a deal breaker. Luckily my S6 active still has it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 12:05 PM
    I am in hotels a lot (~80% of the time) so an IR blaster is crucial. I never touch the disgusting hotel remotes.

Good thing I carry my Tab S with me. Samsung dropped the ball here. IR is a great feature, but oh well. iPhone it up Sammy!
    08-14-2015 12:23 PM
    Stop thinking only TV's. I use my Note 3 IR to control my Canon 5D Mark ii DSLR. While this might not be a deal-breaker for me (I would use Note 3 for this and other IR purposes since I don't use it to control my camera THAT often), it would have been nice to keep that feature. I am at the end of my contract and am definitely on the fence about going Note 5 or jumping off the Samsung bandwagon and looking at the Motorola X Pure!
    dcstuntman and adam9997 like this.
    08-14-2015 12:26 PM
    Stop thinking only TV's. I use my Note 3 IR to control my Canon 5D Mark ii DSLR. While this might not be a deal-breaker for me (I would use Note 3 for this and other IR purposes since I don't use it to control my camera THAT often), it would have been nice to keep that feature. I am at the end of my contract and am definitely on the fence about going Note 5 or jumping off the Samsung bandwagon and looking at the Motorola X Pure!
    Oh I know some use it for other things besides TVs .. I was mainly saying for me it really is only TVs if I am to use it. On my S6 and now G4 I have used the blaster once or twice to test -- that was it.
    08-14-2015 12:27 PM
    I haven't used a TV remote in a over a year. My Note 4 took on that responsibility, and I use it often.

Phil Nolan, drone3 and artrinadf like this.
    08-14-2015 12:32 PM
    I use it to control the fans in my old school, the TVs in my home and other IR electronics.
    dcstuntman and Snoflo like this.
    08-14-2015 12:59 PM
    Have never used IR on my Note II or 3 so no loss. Guess I never bothered with the hassle of setting it up when I can just use the remote plus with devices like Chromecast there's less of a need for IR.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-14-2015 01:07 PM
    I will miss it especially changing on unsuspecting people. other than that it is not a deal breaker.
    08-14-2015 01:10 PM
    Have never used IR on my Note II or 3 so no loss. Guess I never bothered with the hassle of setting it up when I can just use the remote plus with devices like Chromecast there's less of a need for IR.
    Note II never had an IR blaster...
    08-14-2015 01:21 PM
    I will miss it especially changing on unsuspecting people. other than that it is not a deal breaker.
    Yeah I used to do this too it was funny....especially at the gym
    08-14-2015 01:34 PM
    No kidding. Also, my phone isn't surgically attached to my body like some people. My remote is where the TV is. My phone is wherever I happened to put it down.
    08-14-2015 04:26 PM
    Note II never had an IR blaster...
    Well, that explains why he never used it.
    08-14-2015 04:27 PM
    The missing blaster is in know way a deal breaker Mines is on the way should be here this weekend

08-14-2015 04:49 PM
    It's no deal breaker, but I really like the IR blaster on my Note 3. I don't use it every day but several times a week if the remote is across the room and I need to turn down the volume or turn the TV on/off. Plus it controls air conditioners too.
    08-14-2015 05:46 PM
    Plus it controls air conditioners too.
    Ah never thought of that. I just use wifi for my AC -- I bought a Nest .
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-14-2015 05:49 PM
    Sucks for me 2.. Love the IR blaster..even make fun of people when in there homes buy changing there TV ☺
    Its a downgrade and nothing else

Skickat från min Nexus 7 via Tapatalk
    droidntn likes this.
    08-14-2015 06:03 PM
    Funny thing. I missed all the Notes with the IR Blaster. I bought the Note2, passed on the 3 and 4 and am getting the Note5

I still use my Dell Axim X51v's IR blaster for many of my remote needs. Even after about 12 years, it's still going strong.
    08-14-2015 07:56 PM
    Would like to know why they removed this capability. It's a great trick that iPhones can't replicate and I love using it at home, with a new Samsung TV in the Sunday School class I teach, and to mess with TV's in restaurants on occasion. The TV at church has Miracast built in so much Note 4 is a great companion device for it. I would miss not being able to control it completely with my phone. Might stay with N4 and see what develops.

08-14-2015 08:14 PM
128 123 ...