I created a thread on the S6 forum back in April and according to many members have helped a lot of people with their battery life. Knowing that both the Note 5 and the Edge+ have basically same main options and features than the S6 and S6 edge, they may also help you.

At least try this 5 tweaks or hints that if worked on the S6 must work here too.

-Report diagnostic Info - It has been reported by some users that turning this off helps preventing wakelocks, turning it off doesn't seem to affect anything. Go to Settings- Privacy and safety.

Also, go to Settings- Lock Screen and Security- Other Security settings , turn off Send Security Reports.

- Some new reports and tests have shown that for some people with Standby drain issues disabling ANT+ Plugins service and ANT Radio Service has helped a lot. Look for both in Application Manager in the All or Downloaded tabs.

- A new option that was fixed with 5.1.1 update- if you go to Settings-Battery there is a Detail button, if you enter there, you can Auto Stop ALL apps that you don't need to be running in the background once you close it, it should definitely helps on standby time. If you decide to use but, just remember to not auto stop apps that you need to run in the background for notifications or any other purposes. If you need more info about it, check this article.

According to a user on the S6 forum, after latest update the Auto Stop on some model variants was moved from the Battery menu to the RAM Management app. Look overthere if you can't find it on the battery settings. Can't tell you if ATT and Verizon left it untouched.

- Download Doze app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...KkCsW0edzggsgI, and just add to the Active list the apps you want tonkeep notifying you or simply keep working on the background for any reason.

-Location and Location History -

Google has made some changes that has affected ALL Android devices since about 4 months, first, they removed Location Reporting, so now having Location History on, means that you have both services running in the background, and right now one of the main battery drainer as it pings your devices every few minutes and you can't stop it, just by turning Location History off.

People need to understand that our devices comes with EVERYTHING on by default, dozens of Google apps and services that you may never use, then Samsung add dozens more and to make thing worse, then the carriers do the same, if you think you can leave everything as it comes by default and get great battery life, sorry, but not real unless you have a 3500mHa battery or greater and that just give you a little more time if you don't make some tweaks.

For those of you that would like to enjoy a lot more this great device and don't have any issues making a couple of tweaks here and there to get the best battery life possible, check the S6 forum and look for my thread, you'll see easily there as it's the one with the more posts, just an advise, in addition to what I suggested yesterday, I'd add that if you can turn Location off until you need it, use those quick toggles, it takes you a second to turn them off or on, but if you want your location on for other services, use the Power Saving Mode (WiFi and Cell signal only) until you need a pinpoint Location like in using Google maps, then just switch the mode back. You won't believe the amount of people that just have Location on just to have the Weather widget working, they don't realize that you can turn the current location option off and just enter manually your city or cities and it will do just the same but Saving a good amount of battery life in the process.

On this topic, it's simply not fair to compare Android in general with iOS, add iOS controls every single aspect of those background apps and Android just love to have everything running in the background all the time, to be a fair comparisons, tweaks must be done and adding the Doze app and Auto Stop features on the 5.1.1 version it tweaks our phone to be more like what iOS do their stuff. On the next M release this Doze feature will be added to the core system and it will do the same from factory, but until then, this is a great help.

Try them and see if you see any positive results and post back here.
    08-26-2015 06:44 PM
    I don't see the Detail button in Settings - Battery... Can you show a screenshot of where it is?

I have AT&T version

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    08-26-2015 06:48 PM
    What is the ANT Radio service? I think I disabled it on my Note 3 as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-26-2015 06:53 PM

In the application manager.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-26-2015 06:56 PM
    I don't see the Detail button in Settings - Battery... Can you show a screenshot of where it is?

I have AT&T version

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    Sorry man but I haven't got the Note yet, I'm still using the S6 Active, and at 5.0.2 the option is not there, so I'm not sure if even with 5.1.1 they will allow that option to be there, you know how they and Verizon love to remove useful features like that one.

To make thing worse, it seems that some variants moved that option to the RAM Management that as far as I can remember was just on the Smart Manager and that was also removed by them.
    08-26-2015 06:58 PM
    I don't see the diagnostic option in privacy and security

Some hints for better battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1440633524847.jpg

08-26-2015 06:58 PM
    I don't see the diagnostic option in privacy and security

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440633524847.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	193323

Well, then there's another thing removed by Verizon or ATT.

Sorry but it seems that the only ones that seem to be able to benefit from this will be Sprint and T-Mobile users together with the Unlocked versions and maybe some of the other carriers across the world.
    08-26-2015 07:02 PM
    In the OP in posted a link where you can see the Auto Stop feature on the original intended menu, in some variants it was moved to the RAM management, take a look at the screenshots on this post. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4638242
    08-26-2015 07:05 PM

Check this, ANT Radio Service - THIS IS ANT, but in a summary, it's very rare that you will ever use it.
    08-26-2015 07:14 PM
    Just edited the OP to add the Doze app that I forgot to add to the thread.
    08-26-2015 08:16 PM
    I bought that Samsung debloater off the play store and the ant service was one of the services it took out.

I second doze;it seems to work well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Marky-marc87 likes this.
    08-26-2015 08:20 PM
    So I can't quite seem to verify - do the Gear watches require ANT? I'm getting lousy battery on my Note 5, but don't want to give up the Gear S.

Edit: I found it. The watches do NOT use ANT.
    James8561 likes this.
    08-26-2015 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the tips, battery life is pretty good but I won't complain if I can squeeze out a bit more juice.
    08-26-2015 10:58 PM
    I'm adding a summary of the following post to the OP so people can have all the details but here is what I posted in other thread that I thought would be great to add it here.

Google has made some changes that has affected ALL Android devices since about 4 months, first, they removed Location Reporting, so now having Location History on, means that you have both services running in the background, and right now one of the main battery drainer as it pings your devices every few minutes and you can't stop it, just by turning Location History off.

I have a full thread about all this and a lot of more things on the S6 forum, and like I mentioned there, people need to figure understand that our devices comes with EVERYTHING on by default, dozens of Google apps and services that you may never use, then Samsung add dozens more and to make thing worse, then the carriers do the same, if you think you can leave everything as it comes by default and get great battery life, sorry, but not real unless you have a 3500mHa battery or greater and that just give you a little more time if you don't make some tweaks.

I created a thread here yesterday with a couple of those tweaks, I didn't add the Location History because I knew that I will get people saying that they shouldn't do this or that and with the S6 experience I gave up trying to argue about it, you do it if you want, if you don't then just return the phone.

For those of you that would like to enjoy a lot more this great device and don't have any issues making a couple of tweaks here and there to get the best battery life possible, check the thread I created on this forum yesterday, or go to the S6 forum and look for my thread, you'll see easily there as it's the one with the more posts, just an advise, in addition to what I suggested yesterday, I'd add that if you can turn Location off until you need it, use those quick toggles, it takes you a second to turn them off or on, but if you want your location on for other services, use the Power Saving Mode (WiFi and Cell signal only) until you need a pinpoint Location like in using Google maps, then just switch the mode back. You won't believe the amount of people that just have Location on just to have the Weather widget working, they don't realize that you can turn the current location option off and just enter manually your city or cities and it will do just the same but Saving a good amount of battery life in the process.

On this topic, it's simply not fair to compare Android in general with iOS, add iOS controls every single aspect of those background apps and Android just love to have everything running in the background all the time, to be a fair comparisons, tweaks must be done and adding the Doze app and Auto Stop features on the 5.1.1 version it tweaks our phone to be more like what iOS do their stuff. On the next M release this Doze feature will be added to the core system and it will do the same from factory, but until then, this is a great help.
    08-27-2015 05:05 PM
    Can you post the location history tweak here? Your S6 thread is massive and most users really don't want to have to flip through 40 pages of discussion
    08-27-2015 07:32 PM
    Can you post the location history tweak here? Your S6 thread is massive and most users really don't want to have to flip through 40 pages of discussion
    I understand, but I did that already in the previous post and the OP. Check the 2nd and 5th paragraph of my previous post here, the one before yours, those 2 contains basically everything there is.

Location History is killing most people's battery with the now integrated Location Reporting, so if you leave it on you'd know that you're battery life will be drastically reduced, and second to try use GPS only when you need to know specific pinpoint locations as in Google Maps, the rest of times you may easily use Location on Power Saving Mode (WiFi and Cell signal only) , it will do the same job most of the times while saving a lot of battery. If you use Location just for the weather widget, don't like or use Android Device Manager or Samsung's FindMyMobile , then I'd say that you can even turn it off completely and at your city it cities to the weather app and turn off Current Location option.
    08-27-2015 07:44 PM