Anyone not using a case?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Haven't gotten mine yet, but I plan on blatant Samsung nudity. However, I've had my Note Edge in a gel case to protect the bezel...I may change my mind and go with a UAG.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got the official Samsung cover. It's about as minimal as you can get and still claim to have a case on the device. I have to say it is perfect for me, I would love to go naked I just can't quite do it.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got the official Samsung cover. It's about as minimal as you can get and still claim to have a case on the device. I have to say it is perfect for me, I would love to go naked I just can't quite do it.

I'd like a Samsung 'cover' WITHOUT the screen cover part...

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey are my eyes deceiving me or does the UAG site show the Maverick as transparent!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
No case yet. Just brought a few on Amazon. I waiting for Mophie to see if they're going to put out a case that has an extended battery and a micro sd card slot.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Just received an email stating the UAG Magma Red case I ordered has shipped! I soon won't be naked anymore.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't like putting ugly cases and spoiling the look and make it bulky. To handle the slippery back may put a skin at the max.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just want some drop protection because when these phones hit the floor they get damaged and the cost of repair can be high even with insurance.$75.00/150.00

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I used the phone without a case for 1 Day, In my experience this phone is way too slippery without a case... Now that I have a case no sliding out my hand

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd like a Samsung 'cover' WITHOUT the screen cover part...

This is the one I just received from Samsung, I used the 30% off promo code I got for registering the phone with Samsung. It is a clear back cover with a small amount of color on the edge and corners. Very minimal coverage. It might not provide enough drop protection, but I really like how small it is. I would love to go without any cover but I just can't bring myself to do it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s-accessories%2FEF-QN920CBEGUS&token=bHDgduSI

Attachments

• 734.jpg
    734.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 194

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...and to confirm, it is 'non-slip', right?

This is the one I just received from Samsung, I used the 30% off promo code I got for registering the phone with Samsung. It is a clear back cover with a small amount of color on the edge and corners. Very minimal coverage. It might not provide enough drop protection, but I really like how small it is. I would love to go without any cover but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Galaxy Note5 Protective Cover, Clear Black Sapphire

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
...and to confirm, it is 'non-slip', right?

I'm not sure I would call it "non-slip". It feels good in hand, being so small its almost like not having a case. The phone is easy to hold in this case but mostly because it keeps the device thin and without much of a side to the thing, you are holding the phone, not the case (if that makes sense). It keeps the screen from touching when on it's face but it will slide around easily either on the face or on the back. Hope that helps.

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
No case, I don't find the phone slippery, although I will apply the dbrand skin to the rear once received.

Although I am thinking about moving back to the Nexus 6.

- via my Note 5, previously Nexus 6

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
No case here. I bought the Note 5 in part because of the great design and style. So I am not going to cover it and make it look like very other covered phone in a box.

Last edited:

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I do agree that the phone is quite slippery. However I do use my phone naked and will continue to do so. I just need to be super careful, especially sitting down and getting up from a chair or my car.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
my note 5 is what **** Naked at this time however I do have a very slim case coming that I ordered from Amazon this phone gets oily quick and becomes slick...

chargurl4

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I never use cases on my phones but this phone looks slippery. Anyone not using a case?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
I bought the case with cover. Back comes off and set phone right in so it keeps it very slim. Love it! Has a window on the front for quick text view caller and can take photos without opening up case!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I was going to go naked on my device but after a day of use I started getting nervous. I ordered a Ringke slim case for the quick delivery and ordered a Pierre Cardin Grey Leather case from Korea. I always prefer naked and usually go back and forth on if and what case.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was going to go naked on my device but after a day of use I started getting nervous. I ordered a Ringke slim case for the quick delivery and ordered a Pierre Cardin Grey Leather case from Korea. I always prefer naked and usually go back and forth on if and what case.

I would love to go naked but get nervous also. I got the Samsung cover (photo a few post above), but it just doesn't stay on securely enough to make me happy. Phone fell off my work bench on to a hard tile floor yesterday and I nearly had a heart attack. So my Note 5 is back in the Incipio dual pro case for now. It's protective but not very attractive. I pre-ordered a Caseology case today but it won't ship until the 8th of Sept at best.

Attachments

• 819.jpg
    819.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel