09-20-2015 05:53 PM
119 12345
tools
    Yes the 6 Plus battery is in its own league and doubt that the Note 5 can get the battery life of the 6 Plus but how many devices can? Apple got it right with the battery on that thing. The battery life is one of the things I miss but I will get over it and besides Fast charging is a beast so.
    I just also switched from 6+ to Note 5 as well. Third day with phone.

Battery life is really the only concern. I have no idea how people say they get 15-17 hours or more. I got 9 hours doing same things on this as my 6+ where I would routinely get 12-14 hours. That's really my only concern.

Well that and how to get my music from iPhone to this device via iTunes. I gave my phone to employee and reset it so this is my new device.

I had a Note 3 but fell in love with 6+ design as I love big phones. I just missed Android experience overall but it's the first time I wasn't sure about moving away from my 6+. . I can see why Apple wins a lot as its just incredibly easy. Only thing thus far I really miss outside of battery is Passport. I used it a lot.

Anyone know if there's something similar on Android?
    08-29-2015 02:51 PM
    I'm happy for you but I wouldn't have been able to stomach the bloatware and carrier interference.
    08-29-2015 04:51 PM

Battery life is really the only concern. I have no idea how people say they get 15-17 hours or more. I got 9 hours doing same things on this as my 6+ where I would routinely get 12-14 hours. That's really my only concern.

Well that and how to get my music from iPhone to this device via iTunes. I gave my phone to employee and reset it so this is my new device.

I had a Note 3 but fell in love with 6+ design as I love big phones. I just missed Android experience overall but it's the first time I wasn't sure about moving away from my 6+. . I can see why Apple wins a lot as its just incredibly easy. Only thing thus far I really miss outside of battery is Passport. I used it a lot.

Use iSyncr to sync iTunes music. It works via USB or WiFi and works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    opeycunningham likes this.
    08-29-2015 04:53 PM
    I synced my iTunes music to Google Music, and now that syncs seamlessly to my SGN5...
    Mdbills484 and Amy wineBerry like this.
    08-29-2015 05:37 PM
    I synced my iTunes music to Google Music, and now that syncs seamlessly to my SGN5...
    That's what I did when I first switched off of iTunes for music. Worked great.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    08-29-2015 05:40 PM
    That's what I did when I first switched off of iTunes for music. Worked great.
    Since I didn't keep my phone can this be done via iTunes on laptop? . No DRM issues?
    08-29-2015 06:21 PM
    Since I didn't keep my phone can this be done via iTunes on laptop? . No DRM issues?
    Yeah, you have to get the Google music uploader. Depending on how much you have, it may take awhile. I didn't have any issues other than some weird album art that didn't match what it was.
    08-29-2015 06:27 PM
    Battery Life-
    I am due to charge mine tonight- and it will be the third full charge since I've had it-last Saturday.
    I am not a huge user by any means- and this week slower than normal. Pulled off charge last Sunday AM- used it 90 minutes with GPS and Map my Run. Overall I got 46 hours with 4+ hrs of SOT. I had location tracking Off, among some other tweaks.

This charge I pulled off charger Wednesday AM, and am still at 20% with 3.5 hrs SOT. My phone goes on at 5AM, and off at 9PM. So as of now- I have almost 62 hrs- and this is saying I have almost 7 hrs left. I have followed a few tricks here in the battery life thread, and another in the S6 battery life thread.

Chris

08-29-2015 07:09 PM
    I really want to take the plunge to the note 5, but I've never owned any android devices and absolutely love my 6plus. The main draw is the S-Pen and the led (I know). Not to mention I would like to try something different. But it's hard to leave a phone that you have had no real issues and enjoy using. Strongly considering adding another line and having both.
    08-29-2015 09:12 PM
    I really want to take the plunge to the note 5, but I've never owned any android devices and absolutely love my 6plus. The main draw is the S-Pen and the led (I know). Not to mention I would like to try something different. But it's hard to leave a phone that you have had no real issues and enjoy using. Strongly considering adding another line and having both.
    Depending on your carrier and plan that could be a doable solution. That's exactly what I did on at&t. I've switched back and forth from phone to phone, platform to platform for several years. Finally decided to just do both for a while at the same time. Now I actually have three phones, two of my own and one work phone. Most of the time I just forward calls from device to device so I can narrow down what I have to carry at one time.
    08-29-2015 09:18 PM
    I took the plunge and I love the pen. Love customizable OS. But I have to say I'm not 100% convicted I made the right choice. I didnt have a single issue with my plus but owned a Note 3 before jumping to the plus.

Battery on the plus is remarkable. I'm a little concerned given battery on this hasn't been as good.

But camera, screen, pen, and fact I use Google Apps for business is a big plus.
    08-29-2015 09:19 PM
    That's interesting. I have ATT as my main provider, but considered Verizon if adding the Note 5, but your idea seems like a better plan
    08-29-2015 09:20 PM
    That's interesting. I have ATT as my main provider, but considered Verizon if adding the Note 5, but your idea seems like a better plan
    With an at&t mobile share plan (10gb or better) the added line fee is only $15
    08-29-2015 09:24 PM
    Ugh!!! That might be the downer. I have unlimited on both of my other lines. Won't give those up unless I absolutely have no other choice.
    NatalieB2015 likes this.
    08-29-2015 09:26 PM
    Ugh!!! That might be the downer. I have unlimited on both of my other lines. Won't give those up unless I absolutely have no other choice.
    I wouldn't give that up either if I didn't have too. I'm not sure what adding another line under your circumstances would entail.
    08-29-2015 09:35 PM
    IDK how 24% in 9 hours is considered sucking. that's like 2.6% an hour which is ridiculously low.
    TheDonJ77 and Mdbills484 like this.
    08-29-2015 09:53 PM
    The best solution for getting iTunes music to Google is the Google Music Manager. Go on your computer with all your music and follow these instructions.

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1075570?hl=en

Sent from my many devices using Tapatalk
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    08-29-2015 09:59 PM
    Both the iPhone and Note 5 have nano sim cards with AT&T. No need for an extra line if you don't mind swapping sims.
    08-29-2015 10:02 PM
    Is it just me or did we not start having so many battery life threads until numerous manufacturers started implementing qhd screens?
    08-30-2015 09:36 AM
    Is it just me or did we not start having so many battery life threads until numerous manufacturers started implementing qhd screens?
    Always been battery threads, for as long as I can remember.
    Mdbills484 likes this.
    08-30-2015 09:39 AM
    Always been battery threads, for as long as I can remember.
    ^^This^^
    08-30-2015 10:08 AM
    True but they've really ramped up this year
    08-30-2015 10:14 AM
    Actually no they haven't, it is still the same. The first thread I participated in here was a Galaxy S battery thread.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:17 AM
    It is the same with, XYZ Android is the worst ever, always been those threads.
    08-30-2015 10:18 AM
    This is essentially irrelevant as every QHD screen Samsung has released is more power efficient than it's 1080p counterpart.

People seem to find the QHD screens as the scapegoat to all battery problems when in reality that has been tested and proven to not be the case. There's a multitude of other factors that affect battery life and while Samsung has mastered hardware efficiency, they have yet to even come close to mastering software efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 12:49 PM
119 12345