24 hrs with the Galaxy Note 5 from an Iphone 6+ owner

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I really want to take the plunge to the note 5, but I've never owned any android devices and absolutely love my 6plus. The main draw is the S-Pen and the led (I know). Not to mention I would like to try something different. But it's hard to leave a phone that you have had no real issues and enjoy using. Strongly considering adding another line and having both.

I took the plunge and I love the pen. Love customizable OS. But I have to say I'm not 100% convicted I made the right choice. I didnt have a single issue with my plus but owned a Note 3 before jumping to the plus.

Battery on the plus is remarkable. I'm a little concerned given battery on this hasn't been as good.

But camera, screen, pen, and fact I use Google Apps for business is a big plus.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Both the iPhone and Note 5 have nano sim cards with AT&T. No need for an extra line if you don't mind swapping sims.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or did we not start having so many battery life threads until numerous manufacturers started implementing qhd screens?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or did we not start having so many battery life threads until numerous manufacturers started implementing qhd screens?
This is essentially irrelevant as every QHD screen Samsung has released is more power efficient than it's 1080p counterpart.

People seem to find the QHD screens as the scapegoat to all battery problems when in reality that has been tested and proven to not be the case. There's a multitude of other factors that affect battery life and while Samsung has mastered hardware efficiency, they have yet to even come close to mastering software efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
if all you guys coming over from iPhone are new to android there are a lot of things to do to extend the battery. As mentioned turn off location and turn off google location as well as google history locations and then start disabling all Samsung bloatware you can along with your carrier of choice software. you will be surprised as much better the battery will behave. There are several places or folks on here that will be glad to help because android has a beast of a learning curve if you never used it before. Having said all that and used android on several different occasions the old saying still holds true. " if you want it to just work get an iPhone. if you want or like to fiddle then get a android" Sometimes I get tired of fooling and adjusting and I miss my iPhone because of that. Both platforms have their strength and weaknesses.
Yeah man, thought you were all in with the 6 Plus. You're just as bad as me. I'm debating on the Note or waiting for the 6S+ right now. As an Android fan first, pretty sure I gotta give that Note 5 a run.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
turn off all weather refreshing, go into google and disable all auto sync your not using, also go into google and turn location history off ( which is different from gps location off) , any bloatware you can disable , That about all I can think of and you may have already done all of that but having said that . I don't think any android device of any brand or model will ever get the battery life that apple gets. I haven't seen one yet that will

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Note 5 would be a great phone for me, but I wanted the 128GB option especially with no microSD card, I know do we really need the extra, but when you don't have expansion to me the answer is yes. That said I may wait and see.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
if all you guys coming over from iPhone are new to android there are a lot of things to do to extend the battery. As mentioned turn off location and turn off google location as well as google history locations and then start disabling all Samsung bloatware you can along with your carrier of choice software. you will be surprised as much better the battery will behave. There are several places or folks on here that will be glad to help because android has a beast of a learning curve if you never used it before. Having said all that and used android on several different occasions the old saying still holds true. " if you want it to just work get an iPhone. if you want or like to fiddle then get a android" Sometimes I get tired of fooling and adjusting and I miss my iPhone because of that. Both platforms have their strength and weaknesses.

I havery Verizon apps on such as app protector and Web anti virus stuff. Should I or could I disable that safely? Pretty sure I don't need their cloud services since Google is pretty good with all of that.

Also Google Apps I don't need to sync I did unchecked but location history vs location? That one throws me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995