When will Samsung offer some deals on the Note 5?

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I know it is still early since it was released but how long does it take for them to offer some deals like they did with the 6S where they gave you 64gb at the 32 gb price etc?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
My understanding was the recent deals on the s6 was because it didnt sell as well as planned. So i any deals on the note5 will depend how long demand is up.

I know on verizon the note4 didnt drop in price like other phones that had been out for a while. The idea being your going to pay for something "special".

With that said, the 200 dollar trade ins were a great idea. I pulled an old lg phoenix out of the closet and charged it and got my 200 dollars off the phone.. that phone wasnt worth 10 bucks, however i got a 700 dollar phone for 500. Cant beat that!

Posted via the Android Central App

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
My understanding was the recent deals on the s6 was because it didnt sell as well as planned. So i any deals on the note5 will depend how long demand is up.

I know on verizon the note4 didnt drop in price like other phones that had been out for a while. The idea being your going to pay for something "special".

With that said, the 200 dollar trade ins were a great idea. I pulled an old lg phoenix out of the closet and charged it and got my 200 dollars off the phone.. that phone wasnt worth 10 bucks, however i got a 700 dollar phone for 500. Cant beat that!

Posted via the Android Central App

Yup, $200 is still $200. Sweet deal. I have a prepaid Moto G that I bought from Best Buy a couple of month ago. It was $0. ($25 minus $25 reward certificate, which I used for BP gas card... so the phone was free to me) Best Buy's $200 trade-in offer excludes prepaid smartphones. However, I was able to trade it in at Verizon Wirelss. They still offered $200 VZW gift card for the prepaid Moto G.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I was just talking to AT&T and they told me the Samsung $200 offer is only if you port over a number from another carrier or open a new line. I called two different stores and they told me the same thing. I'm currently in a Next plan with my Note 4 and it's about $250 for the early upgrade fee since I just got it in February, I was hoping to turn in the Note 4 & give them an iPhone 4 that I have laying around for the $200 to help offset the early upgrade fee but no dice. I also went into BestBuy and they said the $200 for the iPhone 4 cannot be applied to the early upgrade fee, only a BestBuy gift card. LAME.

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I was just talking to AT&T and they told me the Samsung $200 offer is only if you port over a number from another carrier or open a new line. I called two different stores and they told me the same thing. I'm currently in a Next plan with my Note 4 and it's about $250 for the early upgrade fee since I just got it in February, I was hoping to turn in the Note 4 & give them an iPhone 4 that I have laying around for the $200 to help offset the early upgrade fee but no dice. I also went into BestBuy and they said the $200 for the iPhone 4 cannot be applied to the early upgrade fee, only a BestBuy gift card. LAME.

What's wrong with $200 in Best Buy gift card? Whenever I receive a Best Buy gift card or a rewardzone certificate, I just use it to buy BP or Shell gas gift cards. There is no fee. $50 Best Buy gift card buys your a $50 BP or Shell gas card. They also sell gift cards for many restaurants, eBay, airlines, hotels and sometimes even amusement parks. Your $200 Best gift card will be as good as cash. Just use it towards gas for your car. :) These are just my suggestions. I do not work for Best Buy. :D

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
They're misinformed. Here is the policy directly from the AT&T News Room: "AT&T Samsung Buyback Offer: Current customers who upgrade to or buy a Galaxy S6 edge+ or Note5 on AT&T Next are eligible for a minimum $200 trade in value as an instant credit or promotion card on an eligible smartphone trade-in." Sorry I don't have enough posts to put the link, but you can search for it. I hope that helps!