Still learning Android and Lollipop. With the notifications that pop up (the boxes), one can swipe them left or right.
    But, what does that do exactly?

I'd like if I swipe left (or right), it marks the item(s) as read or something. How does the 'notifications' boxes work exactly?

Thanks
    Ivan
    Crystalluv545 likes this.
    08-27-2015 09:48 AM
    To my knowledge it simply removes them from the notification area. Doesn't delete the actual event. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon(153966) likes this.
    08-27-2015 09:53 AM
    All your doing is clearing it from the notification bar. The item will still be marked unread in its actual location.

anon(153966) likes this.
    08-27-2015 10:21 AM
    ...and to confirm, swiping LEFT or RIGHT, makes no difference?

Lastly, is there a way to turn off those notifications (boxes), if I chose to?
    08-27-2015 10:39 AM
    Still learning Android and Lollipop. With the notifications that pop up (the boxes), one can swipe them left or right.
    But, what does that do exactly?

I'd like if I swipe left (or right), it marks the item(s) as read or something. How does the 'notifications' boxes work exactly?

Thanks
    Ivan
    Download Chomp sms
    It's better than the messaging app that comes in our Galaxys. I have the Galaxy4s. ... I use Chomp from the playstore you may like it too!!!

Crystal using Galaxy4s in NYC
    08-27-2015 10:55 AM
    ...and to confirm, swiping LEFT or RIGHT, makes no difference?

Lastly, is there a way to turn off those notifications (boxes), if I chose to?
    You can turn off lock screen notifications under Settings > Lock screen and security. You can also disable notifications from apps individually under Settings > Sounds and notifications.

Left and right swipe makes no difference.

anon(153966) likes this.
    08-27-2015 10:58 AM
    In Nexus 5, if you double click on the notification, it will open that notification. If you have set up lock screen security, appropriate unlock mechanism will popup and after you unlock, it will take you to that app.

In Note 5, I am not seeing this behavior, instead nothing happens if I double click. I have set fingerprint as my security.
    08-27-2015 12:01 PM
    It would have been nice for it to at least have a double click option, or something...

In Nexus 5, if you double click on the notification, it will open that notification. If you have set up lock screen security, appropriate unlock mechanism will popup and after you unlock, it will take you to that app.

In Note 5, I am not seeing this behavior, instead nothing happens if I double click. I have set fingerprint as my security.
    08-27-2015 03:33 PM
    It would have been nice for it to at least have a double click option, or something...
    In some cases clicking on the notification will take you there. For instance when I wanted to adjust my circle settings I just pressed the notification. Some apps are different, but a lot will work.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    08-27-2015 05:15 PM
    On the lock screen notifications, if you pull down on the notification to expand them, then tap it, it will open the app (email, message, etc). If you use lock screen security and it's active, you will be prompted for whatever type of security you have assigned before the app will open.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    08-27-2015 05:46 PM
    Ah, pull down is the key. The one option I didn't try! Thanks...

On the lock screen notifications, if you pull down on the notification to expand them, then tap it, it will open the app (email, message, etc). If you use lock screen security and it's active, you will be prompted for whatever type of security you have assigned before the app will open.
    08-27-2015 07:53 PM
    That did the trick, thanks!. However, this is not the case in Nexus 5, double tapping in the lock screen opens up the app.

08-27-2015 08:28 PM