08-27-2015 10:39 PM
33 12
tools
    Well you can actually leave them both running and use ok Google for a search. It is great for locating a place and pulling it up to Maps. Now S-Voice might do that now, not sure about that yet.

I've been trying to get my sister and niece away from iPhone to Notes, can't even get them to try it out lol
    tanson1011 likes this.
    08-27-2015 03:31 PM
    Too bad no option for wifi.
    This is possible with SkipLock, which unfortunately is not compatible with Lollipop. It was essentially Smart Lock, but for KitKat. I wish Google had incorporated this feature into Smart Lock.
    08-27-2015 05:34 PM
    This is possible with SkipLock, which unfortunately is not compatible with Lollipop. It was essentially Smart Lock, but for KitKat. I wish Google had incorporated this feature into Smart Lock.
    What am I not understanding? Doesn't the WiFi just do automatically what he is wanting?
    08-27-2015 06:09 PM
    What am I not understanding? Doesn't the WiFi just do automatically what he is wanting?
    No, he's talking about the lock screen being automatically unlocked when on a "trusted" wifi network.
    08-27-2015 06:14 PM
    I use my home address as that is where I have a secure wifi. Don't know why that wouldn't work.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-27-2015 06:21 PM
    No, he's talking about the lock screen being automatically unlocked when on a "trusted" wifi network.
    Oh.. Ok. He could add the GPS address as a trusted place and that would work. I have my mom's house as a trusted place so then when I'm on that WiFi it isn't locked and when I leave it locks.
    08-27-2015 06:29 PM
    Sorry, Kelly--I was just saying that it'd be nice if you could actually specify a Trusted Wi-fi Network on Smart Lock, because Trusted Places relies on Location Services. If you're on High Accuracy all the time, then Trusted Places should always work--but High Accuracy can be a battery drain. If you're on Battery Saving (which is what I do), and hence rely on your wi-fi and cell signal for location, then the location won't be as accurate, and it might actually place you outside the radius of the Trusted Place. That's why I was saying SkipLock was nice--it has a Trusted Wi-fi option.
    08-27-2015 10:34 PM
    Sorry, Kelly--I was just saying that it'd be nice if you could actually specify a Trusted Wi-fi Network on Smart Lock, because Trusted Places relies on Location Services. If you're on High Accuracy all the time, then Trusted Places should always work--but High Accuracy can be a battery drain. If you're on Battery Saving (which is what I do), and hence rely on your wi-fi and cell signal for location, then the location won't be as accurate, and it might actually place you outside the radius of the Trusted Place. That's why I was saying SkipLock was nice--it has a Trusted Wi-fi option.
    OK, that's why I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work the right way lol
    08-27-2015 10:39 PM
33 12