Trusted places, faces, devices...

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just tested from the screen locked and off. And I could text someone or search. BUT.. I had my charger plugged up and the options say this below.

I could have sworn on my S6 Edge that I had only about 3 weeks, right before my N5, I could get it to work when the screen was off. Hmm.. However, if you are in the car and have the charger plugged in it should work when the screen is locked and off.

I was hoping it would work while I was working so I could just call or text without touching my phone. Just by holding the headphone button. That's a shame.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping it would work while I was working so I could just call or text without touching my phone. Just by holding the headphone button. That's a shame.

The strange thing, I have had Google pop up at times from the radio and the TV and I know that each time that happened the phone wasn't unlocked.

I'll keep checking around on this..

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The strange thing, I have had Google pop up at times from the radio and the TV and I know that each time that happened the phone wasn't unlocked.

I'll keep checking around on this..

Does work using s-voice. Screen can be off. Rather use Google. As it's already running in the background anyway. Not sure I want another service running as well. Not sure if s-voice is intensive or not... Thanks for investigating... I'm sure others will want to find this out as well.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I used ro use S-Voice a lot, forgot why I had stopped using it, it used to really recognize speech better for sending texts. I used to use it a lot to set alarms when I was cooking, because I could just yell at my phone when I put something in the oven lol.

I've turned on S-Voice now and see how it does. Probably the last I used it was my Note 3 and it didn't seem to use a lot of battery or resources.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I used ro use S-Voice a lot, forgot why I had stopped using it, it used to really recognize speech better for sending texts. I used to use it a lot to set alarms when I was cooking, because I could just yell at my phone when I put something in the oven lol.

I've turned on S-Voice now and see how it does. Probably the last I used it was my Note 3 and it didn't seem to use a lot of battery or resources.

I will give s voice a try. Turn off Google voice thing whatever it's called. Lol. This is my first note. Can't believe what I've been missing. This phone is amazing. Lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well you can actually leave them both running and use ok Google for a search. It is great for locating a place and pulling it up to Maps. Now S-Voice might do that now, not sure about that yet.

I've been trying to get my sister and niece away from iPhone to Notes, can't even get them to try it out lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, he's talking about the lock screen being automatically unlocked when on a "trusted" wifi network.

Oh.. Ok. He could add the GPS address as a trusted place and that would work. I have my mom's house as a trusted place so then when I'm on that WiFi it isn't locked and when I leave it locks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What am I not understanding? Doesn't the WiFi just do automatically what he is wanting?

Sorry, Kelly--I was just saying that it'd be nice if you could actually specify a Trusted Wi-fi Network on Smart Lock, because Trusted Places relies on Location Services. If you're on High Accuracy all the time, then Trusted Places should always work--but High Accuracy can be a battery drain. If you're on Battery Saving (which is what I do), and hence rely on your wi-fi and cell signal for location, then the location won't be as accurate, and it might actually place you outside the radius of the Trusted Place. That's why I was saying SkipLock was nice--it has a Trusted Wi-fi option.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, Kelly--I was just saying that it'd be nice if you could actually specify a Trusted Wi-fi Network on Smart Lock, because Trusted Places relies on Location Services. If you're on High Accuracy all the time, then Trusted Places should always work--but High Accuracy can be a battery drain. If you're on Battery Saving (which is what I do), and hence rely on your wi-fi and cell signal for location, then the location won't be as accurate, and it might actually place you outside the radius of the Trusted Place. That's why I was saying SkipLock was nice--it has a Trusted Wi-fi option.

OK, that's why I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work the right way lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz