08-27-2015 10:39 PM
33 12
tools
    Is this available on the Note 5?
    This is the option to turn off screen lock it the device is connected to a specific WiFi network, Bluetooth device or sees a face that has been approved.

Do we have these options (or anything similar) on the Note 5?

Thanks.
    08-27-2015 10:45 AM
    Is this available on the Note 5?
    This is the option to turn off screen lock it the device is connected to a specific WiFi network, Bluetooth device or sees a face that has been approved.

Do we have these options (or anything similar) on the Note 5?

Thanks.
    Trusted places, trusted devices and trusted voices.
    08-27-2015 12:54 PM
    If you don't see Smart Lock at all, go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents, and make sure Smart Lock is turned on.
    08-27-2015 12:56 PM
    Ah, I had to set up the Lockscreen first. Then I could get into Settings >Lockscreen and Security >Secure Lock Settings >Smart Lock.

Too bad no option for wifi.
    Thanks.
    08-27-2015 01:14 PM
    Ah, I had to set up the Lockscreen first. Then I could get into Settings >Lockscreen and Security >Secure Lock Settings >Smart Lock.

Thanks.
    Well your WiFi you use should connect automatically.

Also we discover with this phone, you can press and hold the fingerprint scanner with your thumb to unlock the phone in one motion, like the iPhone.
    08-27-2015 01:20 PM
    Trusted places, faces, devices...-uploadfromtaptalk1440699727572.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-27-2015 01:22 PM
    With my iPhone I was able to hold the button on the headphones and tell siri to call or text without unlocking the phone. (my hands get really dirty at work)

With the note 5, even with voice unlocked enabled I have to have the screen on, but still can be locked than I can say ok Google to unlock the phone and call or text. Would like to just hold the button and tell Google to text or call.
    08-27-2015 01:26 PM
    With my iPhone I was able to hold the button on the headphones and tell siri to call or text without unlocking the phone. (my hands get really dirty at work)

With the note 5, even with voice unlocked enabled I have to have the screen on, but still can be locked than I can say ok Google to unlock the phone and call or text. Would like to just hold the button and tell Google to text or call.
    Is your Bluetooth set as a trusted device?

Also with OK Google, can you not say, call xyz after it unlocks?
    08-27-2015 01:30 PM

Thanks.
    Trusted places would be similar to trusted wifi. When you are on wifi, location services shouldn't need your gps chip to determine your location. So when you leave your house you'd be out of range of wifi, your gps chip "would" kick in, but wouldn't have to because the phone would know you're out of your trusted place before that would happen.
    08-27-2015 01:35 PM
    Is your Bluetooth set as a trusted device?

Also with OK Google, can you not say, call xyz after it unlocks?
    I don't use a bluetooth so it's not enabled.

Edit... Yes I do. Have the bluetooth in my vehicle.
    08-27-2015 01:50 PM
    I don't use a bluetooth so it's not enabled.

Edit... Yes I do. Have the bluetooth in my vehicle.
    Well you said headphone and I saw Bluetooth lol.

Well after you say ok Google, can you not then tell it to call someone?
    08-27-2015 01:55 PM
    Trusted places would be similar to trusted wifi. When you are on wifi, location services shouldn't need your gps chip to determine your location. So when you leave your house you'd be out of range of wifi, your gps chip "would" kick in, but wouldn't have to because the phone would know you're out of your trusted place before that would happen.
    I don't know about that. I keep my WiFi and GPS on and when I go somewhere I've connected to the WiFi before, it automatically connects and of course disconnects when you are out of range. It doesn't have to be a trusted place.
    08-27-2015 01:57 PM
    Yes it does. I paired my Moto360 as trusted device and it works great. I really like the feature, save me from entering password.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-27-2015 02:00 PM
    Well you said headphone and I saw Bluetooth lol.

Well after you say ok Google, can you not then tell it to call someone?
    No, it tells me I have to unlock the phone before I make a Google search.
    08-27-2015 02:16 PM
    No, it tells me I have to unlock the phone before I make a Google search.
    OK, you added a trusted voice and added your voice to Google search and it wouldn't respond when you say ok Google when it is locked?
    08-27-2015 02:21 PM
    OK, you added a trusted voice and added your voice to Google search and it wouldn't respond when you say ok Google when it is locked?
    Right
    08-27-2015 02:25 PM
    Right
    Did that happen with only the headphone in or without them plugged in also?

I'll check you answer and give me a few minutes to do some testing.
    08-27-2015 02:29 PM
    Did that happen with only the headphone in or without them plugged in also?

I'll check you answer and give me a few minutes to do some testing.
    Didn't work no matter what.
    08-27-2015 02:29 PM
    Again, it works if the screen is on and locked. Not when the screen is off.
    08-27-2015 02:31 PM
    Ok, I just tested from the screen locked and off. And I could text someone or search. BUT.. I had my charger plugged up and the options say this below.

I could have sworn on my S6 Edge that I had only about 3 weeks, right before my N5, I could get it to work when the screen was off. Hmm.. However, if you are in the car and have the charger plugged in it should work when the screen is locked and off.
    Attached Thumbnails Trusted places, faces, devices...-1440704188148.jpg  
    08-27-2015 02:40 PM
    Ok, I just tested from the screen locked and off. And I could text someone or search. BUT.. I had my charger plugged up and the options say this below.

I could have sworn on my S6 Edge that I had only about 3 weeks, right before my N5, I could get it to work when the screen was off. Hmm.. However, if you are in the car and have the charger plugged in it should work when the screen is locked and off.
    I was hoping it would work while I was working so I could just call or text without touching my phone. Just by holding the headphone button. That's a shame.
    08-27-2015 02:46 PM
    I was hoping it would work while I was working so I could just call or text without touching my phone. Just by holding the headphone button. That's a shame.
    The strange thing, I have had Google pop up at times from the radio and the TV and I know that each time that happened the phone wasn't unlocked.

I'll keep checking around on this..
    08-27-2015 02:51 PM
    The strange thing, I have had Google pop up at times from the radio and the TV and I know that each time that happened the phone wasn't unlocked.

I'll keep checking around on this..
    Does work using s-voice. Screen can be off. Rather use Google. As it's already running in the background anyway. Not sure I want another service running as well. Not sure if s-voice is intensive or not... Thanks for investigating... I'm sure others will want to find this out as well.
    08-27-2015 03:07 PM
    I used ro use S-Voice a lot, forgot why I had stopped using it, it used to really recognize speech better for sending texts. I used to use it a lot to set alarms when I was cooking, because I could just yell at my phone when I put something in the oven lol.

I've turned on S-Voice now and see how it does. Probably the last I used it was my Note 3 and it didn't seem to use a lot of battery or resources.
    08-27-2015 03:14 PM
    I used ro use S-Voice a lot, forgot why I had stopped using it, it used to really recognize speech better for sending texts. I used to use it a lot to set alarms when I was cooking, because I could just yell at my phone when I put something in the oven lol.

I've turned on S-Voice now and see how it does. Probably the last I used it was my Note 3 and it didn't seem to use a lot of battery or resources.
    I will give s voice a try. Turn off Google voice thing whatever it's called. Lol. This is my first note. Can't believe what I've been missing. This phone is amazing. Lol
    08-27-2015 03:21 PM
33 12