Note 5 - Not syncing email on App with Goggle email app. How can I get this to work?

A

AC Question

Note 5 - Not syncing email on App with goggle email app.

Thanks in advance.
It seems there are 2 email apps. Google and one that i do not know what it is called. (i think its the samsung one, but unsure).

The google email updates emails quickly but the other one won't sync. I have changed the settings to every 15 mins to changing the sync auto.

i do prefer this app to the google one. now the only way to fix it so far is to remove the account and re-add it again.

it works for a day .. then nothing. unsure if i can provide pictures but will try.

thanks again and great site!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 5 - Not syncing email on App with goggle email app.

Welcome to Android Central! Try removing the Gmail account from the stock Email app, then adding it back again.

Do you have any other email accounts on the stock Email app? Do those email accounts refresh mail quickly?

beany323

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

morning and thanks for the reply. that seems to be the only solution so far that works. and as far as i can tell the next day. it goes back to not syncing.

the gmail account is the only account on the phone. of the 2 email icons one is the gmail one (it states as such) the other says Email. unable to get a specific name other then that.

the gmail is working. the messed up one shows last synced 12:42 am. and i can't get it to force sync.

i know its something that i am missing.. and its probably a switch or a toggle. but i haven't messed with it. once i delete and add again it works wonderfully.

thanks again.

attempting to add ss.

Left icon is the problem child, right is the gmail and it updates quickly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-27-11-06-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-27-11-06-10.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 31

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Any power saving options turned on? Some of those settings might limit or interfere with syncing. Also, go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on.

beany323

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

checked. power saving off. and turned on restrict background data and turned off . to be sure.

i did delete the account and re-added it.

it will work.. till i wakeup in the am. i'll keep you posted.

thanks both of you for your help. i would call sprint but you guys are going to be more helpful.

Tech "is the device plugged in"
tech " are you able to see your screen"

lol.. thanks!

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

If you only have a gmail account, and the gmail app works as advertised, why not just remove the account from the stock app and use the gmail app?

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I think it's a gmail problem. I have the same problem starting from yesterday. I will refresh my email, and it won't sync with the latest changes. This is using both the Samsung email client, and the gmail app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If you only have a gmail account, and the gmail app works as advertised, why not just remove the account from the stock app and use the gmail app?

The OP mentioned preferring the stock Email app to the Gmail app.

ROFL :D

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site

checked. power saving off. and turned on restrict background data and turned off . to be sure.

i did delete the account and re-added it.

it will work.. till i wakeup in the am. i'll keep you posted.

thanks both of you for your help. i would call sprint but you guys are going to be more helpful.

lol.. thanks!
If all the settings and permissons are correct then you may want to factory reset the phone. It might be the only way to get the problem fixed.

beany323

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

well.. ended up removing the account and adding it. then went straight to settings and maxed everything. pushed for 15 min updates. checked power saving.. so expected it to be broke this am. no. seems to be working..

will give it a few days and see what transpires.

again, thanks for all the ideas and work arounds.

Isn't it suppose to be plug and play?? lol…

/thanks!!

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I am a little confused. You are using the same email address in both Gmail and the Samsung email app? You need to choose one to use. If you want to use the Samsung Email app for Gmail I have always added it manually. You will need to go into account settings for the Gmail account and uncheck Gmail syncing but leave other Gmail items that you want to use checked. You will also need to adjust settings in the Samsung email app for Push email or other automatic syncing options you would prefer. Google wants everyone to use the Gmail email app for Gmail so that Is why I always manually add it to the Samsung Email app.

beany323

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I am a little confused. You are using the same email address in both Gmail and the Samsung email app? You need to choose one to use. If you want to use the Samsung Email app for Gmail I have always added it manually. You will need to go into account settings for the Gmail account and uncheck Gmail syncing but leave other Gmail items that you want to use checked. You will also need to adjust settings in the Samsung email app for Push email or other automatic syncing options you would prefer. Google wants everyone to use the Gmail email app for Gmail so that Is why I always manually add it to the Samsung Email app.

that may be the issue for sure. i'll look into it. thanks for the idea. i will get back to you. (i'd just as soon remove the gmail app.. )

thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think that as long as you're using Gmail's IMAP server settings in the stock Email app, it shouldn't cause any conflicts, because each app is just accessing the mail remotely on the server (as opposed to POP3, which downloads the email and then deletes it from the server). But I've never tested it out, so I might just be delusional.:confused:

tkmoore86

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
If you're having issue with e-mail syncing correctly to an account start off by deleting the account.
Make sure Auto-Sync is turned on and restart the device. Re-Add the account by going to Settings>Accounts>[type]
Select the account type you would like to add for e-mail here, do not add the account through the default e-mail app.
If it is an outlook.com/hotmail account, add as an an ActiveSync account.

I had issues with gmail not syncing and outlook.com not syncing message status (read/unread), and the above seems to have solved it and had been solid for a few days now.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're having issue with e-mail syncing correctly to an account start off by deleting the account.
Make sure Auto-Sync is turned on and restart the device. Re-Add the account by going to Settings>Accounts>[type]
Select the account type you would like to add for e-mail here, do not add the account through the default e-mail app.
If it is an outlook.com/hotmail account, add as an an ActiveSync account.

I had issues with gmail not syncing and outlook.com not syncing message status (read/unread), and the above seems to have solved it and had been solid for a few days now.

yesmake sure the sync IS enabled from the Dropdown menu.you mayhave to hit edit

Posted via the Android Central App

saedsalt

May 12, 2016
Visit site

Thanks in advance.
It seems there are 2 email apps. Google and one that i do not know what it is called. (i think its the samsung one, but unsure).

The google email updates emails quickly but the other one won't sync. I have changed the settings to every 15 mins to changing the sync auto.

i do prefer this app to the google one. now the only way to fix it so far is to remove the account and re-add it again.

it works for a day .. then nothing. unsure if i can provide pictures but will try.

thanks again and great site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674