09-05-2015 12:26 PM
66 123
tools
    I originally considered getting the Note 4 over the Note 5, until I saw 4GB of RAM on the Note 5. I forgot about the non-removable battery and my disappointment over the loss of the SD card decreased.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-29-2015 07:01 PM
    I originally considered getting the Note 4 over the Note 5, until I saw 4GB of RAM on the Note 5. I forgot about the non-removable battery and my disappointment over the loss of the SD card decreased.
    You sure you won't pay the $25 line access fee with the upgrade?
    08-29-2015 07:06 PM
    If you are not a media hound and big gamer, the Note 5 is fine. The issue still is the glass design that still seems pointless since a case will be on it for most anyway. Why a design more prone to breaking?

I like my 200gb microsd and 8000mah battery. I travel though and both a gamer and a media hound.
    08-29-2015 10:29 PM
    I seen on you tube (android authority) that lookup is messing up note 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-29-2015 10:33 PM
    If you are not a media hound and big gamer, the Note 5 is fine. The issue still is the glass design that still seems pointless since a case will be on it for most anyway. Why a design more prone to breaking?

I like my 200gb microsd and 8000mah battery. I travel though and both a gamer and a media hound.
    Every single reviewer has praised the Note 5 build quality up and down. I'm sure Samsung wanted this reaction. Instead of "just another yearly Note", this brings something new to the discussion. That's far more important to them than whether someone slaps a case on it after the fact.

Besides, have there been many reports of broken s6 phones?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-29-2015 11:59 PM
    Had the note 4 and was amazed at the quality of the note line. Having the note 5 since launch is a while other experience. Awesome device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 12:05 AM
    I'm not sure but I think the AT&T Note 4 is now on 5.1.1. I could be wrong, but if not it should be soon. That would help with performance on lollipop.

If the money is not an issue and you can live with cloud storage, your best choice is the Note 5. I moved from the 4 to the 5 and couldn't be more satisfied. No regrets here, the 5 is so much faster and smoother. Just seems to be a step above in every way. A more polished device, fit, and finish along with performance.

I couldn't have said it better. Loving the note 5.

DexterMcDade and Connert like this.
    08-30-2015 12:09 AM
    Hope you'll like it! I love mine, just the build quality, and the performance without the hit in battery is amazing. The lag is gone, and the fingerprint scanner is awesome. I converted my uncle to upgrade to the note 5 from his note 4, and he was amazed how much smoother and faster this phone was.
    Coming from a iPhone 6 plus, I'm loving the note 5 way more.

08-30-2015 12:12 AM
    Coming from a iPhone 6 plus, I'm loving the note 5 way more.

My sister thought about the 6 plus, but decided it was just too tall and went with the 6. I tried to talk her into going with the N5 instead of updating her 5S to a 6.

No luck..
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-30-2015 12:23 AM
    My sister thought about the 6 plus, but decided it was just too tall and went with the 6. I tried to talk her into going with the N5 instead of updating her 5S to a 6.

No luck..
    I think based on my experience with the iPhone, she would have benefited more with the note 5. You just can do more. Maybe she will change her mind.

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2015 12:25 AM
    I think based on my experience with the iPhone, she would have benefited more with the note 5. You just can do more. Maybe she will change her mind.

I just tell her that I understand, she isn't smart enough to understand Android lol.

She does a lot less on her phone than I do. Her new job she just started, might change that though.
    08-30-2015 12:33 AM
    I just tell her that I understand, she isn't smart enough to understand Android lol.

She does a lot less on her phone than I do. Her new job she just started, might change that though.
    Lol , let's hope for that.

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2015 12:44 AM
    The Note 4 is still a great device and still as good or better than most of the other smartphones on the market. It's not even a year old yet. I had it for just less than two weeks and returned it for the Note 5 after playing around with the Note 5. The Note was kinda big for me and heavy with the Commuter case on it but felt solid in my hand still and I loved typing on that thing. However The lag on it was noticeable. Not a huge deal for me though. Call quality on the Note5 is better. People can hear me and I can hear them more clear.

I would still take the Note 4 over an S6 though. I traded an s6 in for a Note 4 I hated it so much. My S6 had HORRIBLE battery life, audio didn't seem good as well. The Note5 is a huge upgrade over the S6 even though they look similar. I really don't understand why they took the IR blaster away though. I miss that.

If you're not a user who needs removable storage and batteries I would go with a Note 5. It's faster, slightly less bulky.

However the Note 4 is still a top of the line smartphone as good or better than most on the market still and you can still find accessories everywhere for it for about another year before it's phased out of the major retailors.

I did think about the Iphone 6 plus or waiting for the new Iphone 6 plus S but it's just way way too expensive of a phone for what you get. $750 for only 16gb of memory and no Spen is way too much.If the 6 plus was $750 for the 64gb model I'd given it a shot then because IOS seems to run more smoothly imo. Good thing about Iphones is you can find accessories everywhere for the phone and more cases to choose from. For $700 I spent on the Note 5 though it's a better deal than an Iphone 6 plus. Even the Note 4 imo is better than the Current 6 plus.

So far I'm happy with my Note 5. Tons happier then when I had the s6. If the Iphone 7 looks nice next year I might give it a shot then if it's comparable with the Note 6.
    08-30-2015 12:55 AM
    I am on iPhone 6 plus changing likely this week to the note 5

BergerKing likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:49 AM
    New iPhones starting at 32mb btw not 16 cause of the iOS

08-30-2015 10:50 AM
    I am gonna open a line and than sell my 6plus on Amazon or eBay not sure which

gdgtmom likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:51 AM

The Note 5 is great for any gamer or media hound. More so than the N4 based on specs. I'm sorry but what is more prone to breaking? The back of the device? I may be missing the communications but are there high cases of breakage already? Or are you assuming there will be. What phones don't people put cases on? No glass (plastic) equates to not needing a case? Not sure I'd buy that theory. People buy cases no matter what the device is made out of.

I loved my Note 4 but the Note 5 is a much more capable device. Even with the sealed battery and no SD support the Note 5 is a beast...
    BergerKing and Kelly Kearns like this.
    08-31-2015 02:20 PM
    The Note 5 is great for any gamer or media hound. More so than the N4 based on specs. I'm sorry but what is more prone to breaking? The back of the device? I may be missing the communications but are there high cases of breakage already? Or are you assuming there will be. What phones don't people put cases on? No glass (plastic) equates to not needing a case? Not sure I'd buy that theory. People buy cases no matter what the device is made out of.

I loved my Note 4 but the Note 5 is a much more capable device. Even with the sealed battery and no SD support the Note 5 is a beast...
    We shall agree to disagree
    Adawg1203 and BergerKing like this.
    08-31-2015 02:54 PM
    Note 5 doesn't have the Bluetooth issues I was experiencing on my note 4. That is reason enough for me to be happy with my upgrade to the note 5.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-31-2015 03:17 PM
    My concern now is what if battery gets hot (great specs) and battery life does dwindle bad what do we do? We don't have a ""Samsung store" around in U.S. Do we?

09-01-2015 10:53 AM
    I wish they left battery alone

09-01-2015 10:53 AM
    Purchased a Note 4 on 7/24. Anything free is a "real good thang". I paid mine for $1.00 with a Sprint contract. Order the phone.

09-01-2015 11:28 AM
    I should! DIGGING it!

09-01-2015 11:29 AM
    If an user adds lot of apps, store photos, video, music, and documents, strongly recommend to select the Note 5 64 GB version. Even a new smartphone will begin sluggish unless self maintenance being followed. Delete infrequent apps being used, clearing history, cookies, cache, and even wiping cache partition or factory reset with backup is crucial

Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-01-2015 11:43 AM
    Note 5 doesn't have the Bluetooth issues I was experiencing on my note 4. That is reason enough for me to be happy with my upgrade to the note 5.
    Or the GPS lock issues many of us had that was utterly annoying. Outside the known gripes (non-removable battery, no SD expansion, missing IR blaster), I'd challenge anyone here to point out anything the Note 4 did/does better than the Note 5. As for OP's question. I'm sure with the Note 5 out you can get deals on new and used Note 4's. You'll need at least a 64GB Note 5 so the price difference between the two will be substantial. So unless the gripes are show stoppers the Note 5's the better overall device but at a price premium.
    njshoremom4gurlz and zeuswsu like this.
    09-01-2015 12:05 PM
66 123