Heavily considering Note 4 over the Note 5. Any objections?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
People have been asking to do away with the polycarbonate phones for years now. Several of us said what would happen when they did.

The people asked, Samsung listened and delivered and now people are mad they got what they asked for.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
People have been asking to do away with the polycarbonate phones for years now. Several of us said what would happen when they did.

The people asked, Samsung listened and delivered and now people are mad they got what they asked for.
Well there are always people with different tastes, no company can satisfy all user preference. Whatever you do the other half will not be satisfied so you will see similar posts on every phone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
What were they thinking?

That the 5% of people that swap batteries daily are expendable compared to the millions of prospects influenced by design. Design is the seventh highest smartphone selection criteria whereas removable batteries didn't make the list at all. It's not like sealed batteries keep phones from being successful (EG: Apple, Nexus). The harsh reality is Samsung was fully aware they'd lose a subset of customers so you my friend have been rendered obsolete. I believe LG has what you're looking for. ;

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well there are always people with different tastes, no company can satisfy all user preference. Whatever you do the other half will not be satisfied so you will see similar posts on every phone.

Oh but Samsung users have been complaining for a long time and wanting premium material on the phone. With a phone this size, there is only so much that can be done to keep the weight and bulk down.

I've been around here long before I ever started posting. My comment was about one thing.. Samsung owners have been complaining for years they wanted "premium" materials on their phones.

Well that is what Samsung did.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

That's why I think the 2 variants would satisfy most in terms of the battery issue. When the Note 4 came out last year, most bloggers and end users were thrilled to see the metal frame and overall design and material choice (an improvement from the Note 3) for a device that is known for a production device that uses much more power than the S series. I can understand the S series for all metal/glass, but the Note series too? Samsung was misguided, imo.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's why I think the 2 variants would satisfy most in terms of the battery issue. When the Note 4 came out last year, most bloggers and end users were thrilled to see the metal frame and overall design and material choice (an improvement from the Note 3) for a device that is known for a production device that uses much more power than the S series. I can understand the S series for all metal/glass, but the Note series too? Samsung was misguided, imo.

Actually many thought they were glad and learned differently later. That metal frame scratched immediately, and sometimes just removing a case from the phone.

It was also much heavier than the Note 3 and the only Note phone I've ever had that actually made my hands hurt after a long day.

SD cards are going away in premium phones and it seems that sealed battery phones actually have less issues. Sealed batteries also aren't new in Android, Samsung didn't start that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781