Just wanted to share that this Note 5 has had the best reception on calls of any smartphone I've had in the last year while being in our Chapel Hill, NC Verizon dead zone. That would include the note 4, s6, Droid Maxx, Droid turbo, and Droid Mini. On all our phones, including the note 5, we get between 1 and 4 bars of 1x (out of 5 bars). Sorry, I don't regularly monitor the dBm signal strength but it's almost always -110+.

Anyways, our phone conversations always get cutoff and we have to repeat ourselves. It's a mess. Of course when we drive 500 yards out of our neighborhood we have full 4g LTE pretty much everywhere else in Chapel Hill. But this Note 5 has got me through three separate half hour conversations with crystal clear clarity and no drops, buzzes, or other annoying signal issues. And it's doing that while on 1 bar of 1x.

I don't know what Samsung did but hopefully some technical website like Anandtech can do some research because I'm pretty sure the antenna inside the Note 5 is amazing (at least on Verizon). That is all. Hope it helps some of you on the fence.
    mxrider821 and jimd1050 like this.
    08-27-2015 07:38 PM
    Just wanted to share that this Note 5 has had the best reception on calls of any smartphone I've had in the last year while being in our Chapel Hill, NC Verizon dead zone. That would include the note 4, s6, Droid Maxx, Droid turbo, and Droid Mini. On all our phones, including the note 5, we get between 1 and 4 bars of 1x (out of 5 bars). Sorry, I don't regularly monitor the dBm signal strength but it's almost always -110+.

Anyways, our phone conversations always get cutoff and we have to repeat ourselves. It's a mess. Of course when we drive 500 yards out of our neighborhood we have full 4g LTE pretty much everywhere else in Chapel Hill. But this Note 5 has got me through three separate half hour conversations with crystal clear clarity and no drops, buzzes, or other annoying signal issues. And it's doing that while on 1 bar of 1x.

I don't know what Samsung did but hopefully some technical website like Anandtech can do some research because I'm pretty sure the antenna inside the Note 5 is amazing (at least on Verizon). That is all. Hope it helps some of you on the fence.
    This is a good review, thank you! I just ordered my Note 5 64gb on Verizon and it comes on Monday. I Can't wait! (Coming from the gs6 edge)

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-27-2015 08:26 PM
    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. In fact, one area where I could only get 1x with my Note 4, now gets 4G

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-28-2015 12:11 AM
    I've also noticed better reception on my 5 vs my 4.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 11:21 AM