Incipio duopro. Anyone using it with glass?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering is the Duopro better than the Commuter and provide good drop protection, or would I be better sticking with a Defender and popping out the built in protector?

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
As someone who has been using the duo pro with all my phones for the last 4-5 years, I can vouch for its drop protection. I drop my phone A LOT and it's always protected my phone. I also have a 2 year old who likes to throw my phone around the house.

I doubt it provides better protection then the Defender, but I prefer the smooth texture of the dual pro to the plastic feel of otterboxes. If max protection is your top criteria go with the Defender.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
As someone who has been using the duo pro with all my phones for the last 4-5 years, I can vouch for its drop protection. I drop my phone A LOT and it's always protected my phone. I also have a 2 year old who likes to throw my phone around the house.

I doubt it provides better protection then the Defender, but I prefer the smooth texture of the dual pro to the plastic feel of otterboxes. If max protection is your top criteria go with the Defender.

All I know the Defender on the Note 4 is garbage. Plastic parts don't fit flush which causes the screen protector to not fit flush to the screen. I returned it on my note 4 and got the commuter which was a lot better. The defender is a big price hit then I'd have to buy tempered glass and punch out the screen protector. Verzion sells the dual pro. Might buy that and put tempered glass on it.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think the dual pro probably offers similar protection to the commuter. I really have no clue though since I've never used otterbox products. All I know is when I drop my phone from about 4 feet up in a parking lot the dual pro protects it.

FYI if you decide to purchase it you'll notice the case feels a bit slippery at first. That goes away after a couple weeks.

Also make sure you purchase the regular dual pro and not the "shine" model. The shine model is crap.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I have with the duo pro case is that it didn't feel like it fit the phone snuggly. It's almost like they hurried it to production and didn't get the fitment perfect. I returned it and am gonna wait a few months then revisit this case and see if they have the fitment figured out. I'm currently rocking a speck grip case that's awesome and fits perfectly.

Posted via the Android Central App

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I have with the duo pro case is that it didn't feel like it fit the phone snuggly. It's almost like they hurried it to production and didn't get the fitment perfect. I returned it and am gonna wait a few months then revisit this case and see if they have the fitment figured out. I'm currently rocking a speck grip case that's awesome and fits perfectly.

I had the same issue with the Incipio case, the top and bottom did not extend over the bezel, and was loose. I returned mine as well, and am sticking with the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Awesome case, low profile, and fits snuggly.

Posted via a Samsung Note 5

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a fan of the dual pro cases as well. They didn't have the colour I wanted when I was looking. I think otterbox is way overpriced for what the materials are made of. They have a strong brand name so they sell. But I'd stay away.

I ordered the spigen slim armour. I wasn't a fan of their cases before. Thought they were made cheaply as well, but I'm surprised this time. It's a really tight fit, and seems tough. It's a bit slippery, and the buttons on the sides are flat, so can't feel them. Also have a incipio octane pro. Picked up from carrier day I bought the phone as the spigen wasn't delivered yet. It's also really nice. Tight fit, seems tough.

I'll probably get a tech21 or try uag once they drop in price a bit.

Only drawback for me if buying a phone that just came out is I have to buy cases I don't really want but want the protection until the ones I want come out. Than have to wait till I can find them cheaper somewhere.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with the Incipio case, the top and bottom did not extend over the bezel, and was loose. I returned mine as well, and am sticking with the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Awesome case, low profile, and fits snuggly.

Posted via a Samsung Note 5
Darn, mine is in the mail. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll have to try something else, maybe the speck candyshell

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree. The sup case unicorn beetle is a cheap nice case as well. I have this one too and it fits perfectly as their cases always Do slim protection. And it has good grip too.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering is the Duopro better than the Commuter and provide good drop protection, or would I be better sticking with a Defender and popping out the built in protector?

I don't know if the fit is the same for the Note 5,
but I have been using a Duo Pro with glass screen protector on my Note 3 and I love it! Great case!
I've tried others and go back to the Duo Pro. Has a nice feel!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to update. I grabbed another incipio duopro case the other day and it fits perfectly. So I'm thinking incipio figured out the fitment now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma