11-13-2015 11:25 AM
88 1234
tools
    I bought ZAGG Glass from Best Buy when I first got my Note at launch and it does NOT cover the front camera and it sits perfectly with no bubbles or halo effect. My iPhone 6 Plus, however, does have a halo effect from ZAGG Glass, but my Note 5 does not.
    09-29-2015 03:00 PM
    My coworker just showed me the Note 5 he got yesterday at Verizon and he told me I got the glass for it,and I looked at his screen protector and it has no halo,Verizon tempered glass protector for $25 I'm thinking of scooping one up .

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-30-2015 10:43 AM
    I've seen the same protector installed on 2 different phones & 1 had the halo effect, the other did not. If you've already come across this issue here's a video on How to fix (or significantly reduce) "Halo" effect/Ghost Ring on glass screen protectors. It works even better if you use a blow dryer/ heat gun
    09-30-2015 11:37 AM
    I believe that Zagg is redesigning the glass for the Note 5. The glass on my wife's Note 5 was peeling up from her changing cases every other day. Called Zagg and they are sending a replacement but it will not ship until November. They said the glass was being reworked and would not ship until Nov. We will see.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-30-2015 12:12 PM
    I use Verizon's and make them put it on. If there's a problem, they get to do it again until it's perfect.

jmcu likes this.
    09-30-2015 08:48 PM
    I use Verizon's and make them put it on. If there's a problem, they get to do it again until it's perfect.

did the Verizon people put it on without any halos?
    10-23-2015 11:16 AM
    I'm sick of it. I have gone through so many brands now that I just left it as is. Some are worse than others. Its the slight curve of the screen edge that causes it. Unless they shape the protectors with a curve to match it will be a problem. Only solution to to make them smaller and you are stuck with a protector that looks small.
    Technified likes this.
    10-23-2015 04:46 PM
    I'm sick of it. I have gone through so many brands now that I just left it as is. Some are worse than others. Its the slight curve of the screen edge that causes it. Unless they shape the protectors with a curve to match it will be a problem. Only solution to to make them smaller and you are stuck with a protector that looks small.
    I have given up as well! I have just come to the conclusion that there is not a good tempered glass screen protector for the Note 5!

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    10-23-2015 08:02 PM
    there are other screen protectors that aren't made of tempered glass that fit well, have great clarity, and is smooth in response to the S-pen.

Note in my house!
    10-24-2015 02:05 AM
    Yootech.

I only paid about 8 dollars for it on Amazon and I had no issues with it. I tried a skinomi tempered glass and that gave me halo/bubbles galore.

Seriously, get the yootech one from amazon. A lot cheaper and in my experience, no issues.

10-24-2015 09:34 AM
    Yootech.

I only paid about 8 dollars for it on Amazon and I had no issues with it. I tried a skinomi tempered glass and that gave me halo/bubbles galore.

Seriously, get the yootech one from amazon. A lot cheaper and in my experience, no issues.

Can u post pics of the yootech on your phone please?

10-24-2015 10:24 AM
    Can u post pics of the yootech on your phone please?

Which tempered glass is good for Galaxy Note 5 without Halo or Bubble effects?-uploadfromtaptalk1445735386325.jpg

I took a look and there is some slight bits where it looks like it didn't fit 100% flat but you have to look for it.

It isn't bad as other screen protectors I've seen.
    Technified likes this.
    10-24-2015 08:11 PM
    I use Xtremeguard tempered glass for years on all my portable devices. Use coupon code "giant90" fo get %90 off, bring it down to around $3. No bubble, ho halo. Great customer service.

http://www.xtremeguard.com/Real-temp...lass-s/237.htm
    trucky and socal like this.
    10-24-2015 09:05 PM
    I use Xtremeguard tempered glass for years on all my portable devices. Use coupon code "giant90" fo get %90 off, bring it down to around $3. No bubble, ho halo. Great customer service.

Spartan Real Tempered Glass
    holy gorilla glass 4.... how can they sell these things so cheap?
    The Zagg glass protector is 11 times the cost!!!
    10-24-2015 09:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1445735386325.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	688.6 KB 
ID:	202917

I took a look and there is some slight bits where it looks like it didn't fit 100% flat but you have to look for it.

It isn't bad as other screen protectors I've seen.
    Not bad! Will using a case on it affect it? Like make it peel up and bubble.

10-25-2015 08:52 AM
    Not bad! Will using a case on it affect it? Like make it peel up and bubble.

Nope! I have the verus high pro shield and it doesn't affect it at all. There is a tiny gap between the edge of the tempered glass and the tpu part of the case.
    Technified likes this.
    10-25-2015 08:55 AM
    Nope! I have the verus high pro shield and it doesn't affect it at all. There is a tiny gap between the edge of the tempered glass and the tpu part of the case.
    This was the last glass screen protector I had bought from Amazon. It was $4.99. It was just as bad as the Zagg one's from Verizon and Best buy. I guess I will try the yootech protector, but it will be the last if it doesn't work.

Attached Thumbnails Which tempered glass is good for Galaxy Note 5 without Halo or Bubble effects?-photo_20151025_120014.jpg  
    10-25-2015 11:04 AM
    This was the last glass screen protector I had bought from Amazon. It was $4.99. It was just as bad as the Zagg one's from Verizon and Best buy. I guess I will try the yootech protector, but it will be the last if it doesn't work.

I hope it works for you. I'm sure you know that the note 5 has the rounded edges which makes any screen protector difficult.

However, take your time and line it up using the "hinge method" and use tape to get rid of any dust particles before applying it. I use canned air as well.

Look up videos on the hinge method. I use that method every time and I've had great results. My siblings and close friends always ask me to do theirs.
    Technified likes this.
    10-25-2015 11:35 AM
    My Zagg invisible shield from Amazon. No halo.

Attached Thumbnails Which tempered glass is good for Galaxy Note 5 without Halo or Bubble effects?-img_3892.jpg  
    10-25-2015 04:22 PM
    My Zagg invisible shield from Amazon. No halo.

That looks nice. What case are you using?
    10-30-2015 06:14 AM

Hey, how did it go?

10-30-2015 11:19 AM
    I bought this one from amazon and it has no halos. Come to think of it all the cheap ones I've bought have no halos. I'm very meticulous when I install stuff on my phones though.

Galaxy Note 5 Screen Protector: Stalion® Shield TEMPERED LIQUID GLASS Armor Guard for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - ShatterProof Ballistic Gorilla Glass [Retail Packaging](1-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141GGNFO...cUvbUpU4789459
    10-30-2015 12:50 PM
    i notice most tempered glass screen protector does not fully cover the edges. most tempered glass available in the market has halo or bubble effects throughout the edges.
    Got this fancy x-one ultimate from these guys. Pretty good. Bought it from a shop though. Not through the site
    http://www.x-one.cn/EN/
    10-30-2015 01:06 PM
    Urban Armor Gear in ash color. I cannot say enough good things about this case.

10-30-2015 01:27 PM
    Hey, how did it go?

It arrives tomorrow. I checked out a couple of hinge method videos yesterday, I am going to give that a shot. Thanks for the video info!

sunrat39 likes this.
    10-30-2015 04:04 PM
88 1234