Apps recommendation for work productivity

nzrocketman

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
hi,

just got my first android (note 5) as im going to mainly use for work. taking notes, calender's arranging daily schedule, diary etc. I work in construction so when will be using plans on it with s pen to make notes etc.

What app suggestion work you recommend me to get to help me be more productive at work.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to say Onenote. If you need to keep up with everything going on and may have several projects all running at the same time it will help keep you together.
You can drag & drop text from email or import a spreadsheet. You can also drag a pdf straight to it.
It works like a digital file cabinet with as many draws and folders as you could need. It also supports direct s pen inputs and will easily sync between all your devices and pc. You can also share workbooks with others on your team.
Like anything else, spend the time to really learn it's capabilities and you'll be amazed at how much it can help you.
I'm the CIO for an auto group with 7 locations. I have about 300 pc's, 350 Cisco phones and tons of network gear. It's the single most important software/app I have and use every day. I easily open a "drawer" when starting a new project and then can start a new file within this drawer for each phase of my project or just open a page for meeting notes. It's very flexible or customizable.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to say Onenote. If you need to keep up with everything going on and may have several projects all running at the same time it will help keep you together.
You can drag & drop text from email or import a spreadsheet. You can also drag a pdf straight to it.
It works like a digital file cabinet with as many draws and folders as you could need. It also supports direct s pen inputs and will easily sync between all your devices and pc. You can also share workbooks with others on your team.
Like anything else, spend the time to really learn it's capabilities and you'll be amazed at how much it can help you.
I'm the CIO for an auto group with 7 locations. I have about 300 pc's, 350 Cisco phones and tons of network gear. It's the single most important software/app I have and use every day. I easily open a "draw" when starting a new project and then can start a new file within this draw for each phase of my project or just open a page for meeting notes. It's very flexible or customizable.

I started using this on your suggestion (I think it was you) on another discussion.

I found that Excel documents are links, which is fine so I can edit if needed. But I wanted my work phone listing to be viewable on OneNote app, so I just used my Spen and saved it as a photo, then inserted the photo in a OneNote page. I also took a picture of a whiteboard and inserted it into a page. I did discover you need to type the title of the page and not write it with the spen. Of course I added some text in one page and it put that as the title.
I'm still learning OneNote.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft LENS, the Android MS Office and a Office 365 license.

This feature got me to download Office Lens "With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows..". I took a picture of a whiteboard note I have at my cubie and there's a glare, so I took it up higher and the lower part is hard to see. I'm going to have to try this feature out. I also like this feature " Printed text will be automatically recognized (using OCR) so you can search for words in images and copy and edit them.".

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I started using this on your suggestion (I think it was you) on another discussion.

I found that Excel documents are links, which is fine so I can edit if needed. But I wanted my work phone listing to be viewable on OneNote app, so I just used my Spen and saved it as a photo, then inserted the photo in a OneNote page. I also took a picture of a whiteboard and inserted it into a page. I did discover you need to type the title of the page and not write it with the spen. Of course I added some text in one page and it put that as the title.
I'm still learning OneNote.

Awesome, keep learning. You will love it. You can put your Excel sheets in as a table and view without having to make them a photo, although this may have to be done from a PC. Then you can edit the list or Sheet in Onenote.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox and one drive are must have apps. A pdf scanner app camscanner and office lens is good. I use goformz to sign contracts and base for crm and Outlook app for email which I love.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox and one drive are must have apps. A pdf scanner app camscanner and office lens is good. I use goformz to sign contracts and base for crm and Outlook app for email which I love.

Very good recommendations, I use Dropbox daily and CamScanner very often.

I found Adobe Fill & sign DC. This seems to be new, I've got to do a little more looking in to it, but it's free and works great for signing pdf documents.

Edit: so I've been reading up on this Adobe Sign & Fill DC app. Has anyone else had this for a while? It seems to be totally free (most others have limits then charge a subscription).

It will allow you to photo a paper document and then fill in the form blacks and send. This is going to be very helpful for me. Any one else using this solution?

Last edited:

dgalati

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am having a problem. WPS office saves the shared excel file as unshared. Anyone experience this or have another app that can keep the excel file shared?

ELavar

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I'd also recommend using Wunderlist for managing your tasks and S-Note for keeping up with your notes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12