09-11-2015 10:39 AM
34 12
    So my call was different. After explaining it all they want me to send in my charger for a warranty replacement. They couldn't validate my serial number, so now it has to be manually validated, which takes 48 hours. Not sure what replacement I will get or if my SN will even validate. All very strange.
    08-31-2015 04:24 PM
    Having the same issue with mine. Bought at BB, and didn't get it as a promotional item.

I did have issues with my first Note 5, but put it in day dream and it charged without issue. Replaced that note 5 for defects, and haven't been able to get this note 5 to charge for more than 5 minutes on the wireless. I'll be taking that hockey puck back later for replacement.

I personally think it's more of a problem with the phone and not the charger, but just my opinion. Anybody tried the Samsung wireless charger on a different phone to see if the problem replicates on an s6 edge (non-plus) version?

Posted via a Samsung Note 5
    08-31-2015 04:47 PM
    I am having the same issue with the wireless charging as everyone here. However, I remember that I don't have the issue on the first few days I have to Note 5. I was pretty able to charge the Note 5 using the freebie BB wireless charger. As I now fully configured and setup the Note 5 the way I like and I was not using the wireless charger as much. I am now begin to use it at the office. That is when I am starting to see the issue everyone has. I have been trying many things. I can almost believe this is a SW bug. It seems be charging for very long time when I turn off bluetooth. It will also charge fine when phone is off, but who is going to do that? I am hoping Samsung will start looking at this issue. I am still playing around to see if I can spot the gremlin.
    08-31-2015 05:22 PM
    I highly doubt that Samsung can speak for Best Buy and tell anyone that Best Buy will replace the standard wireless charger with the fast charger... If you read the fine print on the free wireless charger from Best Buy, they make it very clear the model number that they are offering for free (and it is the standard charger).

My wireless charger is also acting very flakey... I am on my second one... My first one charged my Note 5 for about 40 seconds, and then stopped charging... My second one keeps waking up the phone every few minutes. It starts up by lighting up the screen and displaying the nice graphic that indicates wireless charging has begun, and then goes dark...then every so often, the phone makes a tone, wakes up and the screen comes on again... Clearly something is wrong here...

I am hopeful that there will be some official program to turn these defective chargers back in, and trade them in for something that works (either the fast charger, or a standard charger with a fix).

My guess is that these standard chargers work with the S6, but for some reason has some compatibility issues with the Note 5...
    08-31-2015 07:04 PM
    Anyone got any where with this charger? My replacement from Samsung will be here on 9/11 but I no faith that it will be any different from what I've already returned.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 12:32 PM
    My charger's performance is still inconsistent...

Sometimes it will charge it the whole way through to 100%... Sometimes it will charge for a few minutes and stop completely... Sometimes it will charge for long periods of time, but continues to randomly disconnect and reconnect...

09-10-2015 03:57 PM
    Yeah this is lame. I had the regular s6 edge and this charger worked flawlessly with it. When I got the s6e plus it is doing the same thing everyone else's is doing and charging for a few minutes then blinking blue and not charging. The charger still works fine with my girlfriends regular s6e edge so these chargers don't work with the note 5 or the s6e plus.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 05:38 PM
    I just received my first replacement of wireless charger from Samsung that I got through the promotion and this thing is worthless. It is doing the same thing the first one did. I place the Note 5 without any cover centered on charger on flat surface. After about a minute of charging..screen lights back up and charging indicator turns off and blue light is flashing. I have tried moving to different locations and still same result. I believe it's somehow just not compatible with Note 5. This is frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-10-2015 05:46 PM
    I was having issues with my samsung wireless charger, so I bought a brand new TYLT and still have an issue. Placed it on charge at 5% woke up to 77%.. lifted it off then set it back down and then it charged to 83% then beeped like I had just re-connected it.. I was doing this caseless I'll re-try with a case tonight.. its weird though bc for the first week or 2 it worked great with the stock wireless charger
    09-11-2015 10:39 AM
34 12