My good and bad of the note 5 and s6 edge plus

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the s6 edge plus for a week and i did not find im using the apps edge features at all! The battery wasn't great and i was having a hard time getting a screen protector on it cause of the edges also this was my 3rd s6 edge plus cause they all had some type of appearance flaws so i gave up and swapped it for a note 5 and let me tell you much better experience besides i noticed lag instantly when starting up the phone to set it up and even after that and watching videos wasn't as good as the edge.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Goods=
Battery holds much longer then the s6 edge plus
I actually have a use for the s-pen
Finally i got a phone with no appearance flaws

Bad=
It lags and i think its because of all the damn loaded s-pen stuff they put on it and i did disable stuff that im never gonna use. I did get it to be better by turning down the animations down to off but on the edge plus i didnt have to turn them off to feel the quickness.
Wifi stalls sometimes
A lil distortion from the speaker when playing louder music or videos you can hear it if your close to the phone buts its not that bad.
When you try to access facebook messenger app from the multitasking window a message pops up saying could not start messenger and i looked at at least 10 of these phones and there all doing the same thing.

Samsung S6 Edge Plus Goods=
More snappier and doesnt lag
Videos looks much better then the note 5

Bad=
Battery doesnt last as long as the note 5 and edge features are pointless imo.
Wifi stalls sometimes
A lil distortion from the speaker when playing louder music or videos you can hear it if your close to the phone buts its not that bad.
When you try to access facebook messenger app from the multitasking window a message pops up saying could not start messenger and i looked at at least 10 of these phones and there all doing the same thing.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with your note 5 assessment with the exception of lag, mine has yet to show any signs of lag

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You need to remember that all phones, even the same model, are different. They have different allowances based on impurities of the electronics inside. Unless the stylus is out, or the edge features engaged, they are the same phone.
Some people have great SOT while others are struggling. If I found my phone to be on the low end I would have exchanged it for another.

Coming from an iphone 6+, I have found there to be no lag. The only issues have been unexpectedly stopped errors on apps that Verizon has put on this phone. Other than that, this has been the first Samsung phone that I've been completely satisfied in(except for the non-root)

Sent from my smexy Note 5

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
you will notice it if you have both phones in your hand and compare.
This maybe what it takes for you to notice lag however I don't need to put 2 phone side by side to see lag. It will either lag or it dont.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12