Verizon signal stregth

Posey698

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 never lost 4g in my home. Since I've got my Note 5 I have noticed I am constantly switching between 1x and 3g. I rarely ever have 4g in my home. I have read on the forum that this is not common. I did drop my sim card while I was activating. Would trying another sim card be advisable or do you think I got a dud phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Note 4 never lost 4g in my home. Since I've got my Note 5 I have noticed I am constantly switching between 1x and 3g. I rarely ever have 4g in my home. I have read on the forum that this is not common. I did drop my sim card while I was activating. Would trying another sim card be advisable or do you think I got a dud phone?

Welcome to the forums!

You can try another SIM. However, I think it's just the way the Note 5 is designed and it picks up the signal poorly compared to your Note 4 or there's a change in software that is impacting the signal quality. Do you have a home internet network? If so, then consider switching to WiFi while at home to save the mobile data and keep the mobile data radios from constantly switching.

Posey698

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
The call quality is down too. That is what I'm mainly concerned about is making phone calls while at home.