05-30-2018 10:09 AM
54 123
tools
    This is pretty disappointing. My Nexus 5 would sit perfectly on a Nokia DT-910 charger and completely charge night in and night out with no problems. I'd like to say the same for my ~$800 Note 5.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    09-29-2015 08:12 PM
    From what I am hearing it is mostly the black charger from BB that is causing the problem. I got the same charger. Hasn't worked since since they sent it to me. Tried the day dream mode same thing (doesn't work). Set up WiFi to only turn on when phone powered on (still didn't work). What does work put my phone on my old (three years) nexus qi charger that I bought for my old htc dna droid. Works every time. No putting it on charger and checking every 10 min an finding it blinking at 80% charge. Put it on at night wake up 100% charged. No stop in charging till 100%. Now I got to figure out how to replace the puck from BB. Live out in Boones don't make it to town much.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 10:38 PM
    I went to a best buy and they told me they were aware of the problem. You actually have to align the Samsung logo on the back of the phone with the Samsung on the pad. They even showed me a diagram of the problem. The store rep said Samsung is aware and will roll out an update to fix this issue.
    09-30-2015 10:50 AM
    From what I am hearing it is mostly the black charger from BB that is causing the problem. I got the same charger. Hasn't worked since since they sent it to me. Tried the day dream mode same thing (doesn't work). Set up WiFi to only turn on when phone powered on (still didn't work).
    Hm, I guess it varies. I've been charging my (AT&T, caseless) Note 5 every night with the free BB charger and it works fine. I don't do anything special--just put my phone on the pad, reasonably centered but in any orientation.
    09-30-2015 11:11 AM
    Interesting as I tried "daydream" but the moment the Note 5 received a message, it popped out of charge mode and does pop back. I need to pick up the Note 5 and place it back on the charge pad. So now I will try to "align the logos" and see what happens.

What I can say is that this Note 5 works just fine with a 3-coil 3rd party charger I have (being used by my wife's Nexus 5). Granted, it's not a "fast charge" device but when I get up in the morning, the note 5 is 100%. Since I got Samsung's "Fast Charge" Qi pad, I get up in the morning and the Note 5 is anywhere between 70% and 85%.

Now per what I am reading here, the problem requires a software update on the Note 5. I hope this is right as my black Samsung Fast Charge Qi charger was not bought at BB but from Amazon. It is the "real thing".
    09-30-2015 08:53 PM
    After using the Samsung fast wireless charger for about a month now, and would like to add my observations. The charger indeed has a fan, but you can barely hear it. The phone charges up super quick compared to regular wireless chargers, and phone doesn't get obnoxiously hot. One thing I did notice was when you place the phone on the charger it has to be almost directly in the middle of the puck or else the phone wont charge.
    09-30-2015 10:22 PM
    The free charger is not the fast charger. I bought the fast charger in sapphire and works great
    09-30-2015 10:59 PM
    Orienting the phone on the charger pad with the top facing the wire resolved my issues, as suggested. I'm using a generic Chinese 2amp charging pad.
    10-26-2015 05:49 PM
    I just use the usb cable and wall adapter from the Note 4 and my Sammy wireless has been charging perfect ever since
    10-26-2015 07:08 PM
    I haven't had any issues with my wireless charging pad. I have the black one from Best buy.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    10-27-2015 09:01 PM
    Does anyone know how bad these free wireless chargers are? I am assuming they are not fast wireless chargers, but how slow are they? How long does it take to fully charge? Any other issues with these chargers? Is there any issue with sometimes charging with this and sometimes with fast charger that came with the phone.
    10-28-2015 12:37 PM
    Hey guys what up signed up because i found a fix and hey caring is sharing well i found that if you put a small peace of paper between the charging brick and the cable covering only the 2 center terminal and plugging it in that seems to have fixed the wireless charging paused problem however it doesn't charge as fast but i can confirm it does charge and the problem gets resolved ill attach a picture hope this helps only way i found searched online they said an update will patch the problem but i have no such update so ya hope it helps guys
    12-28-2015 06:12 AM
    Anyone know how to attach pictures im new here
    12-28-2015 06:14 AM
    SOLVED!

Go to >>Settings>>Applications>>Application Manager and click on the "MORE" button.
    Then click on the "Reset App Preferences" option there.
    Choose "Reset"
    Walla!
    07-12-2016 05:58 PM
    I have the official Samsung wireless charging pad (the one offered with the best buy pre-order). It does not work good, the phone connects then disconnects, then connects and disconnects. Etc etc. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a remedy?? I'm about to give up on the whole wireless charging thing.
    I have solved this issue but it will involve a
    Slight modification of the pad.
    First get a heavier gauge cabe and choose the shortest length possible for you needs. Next remove the rubber pad from the bottom to expose the 4 screws holding the unittogether. Remove screw and pry the top black pad that the phone rests from the rest of the assembly. Inside you will see the induction coIL. Use a piece of plastic the thickness of a credit card cut the size of the coil and place it under the coil to raise it up closer to the top of device. Reassemble everything and you should be good to go. Remember you need a 2 amp charger or better to use this pad. Hope this helps. It solved my issues.
    pduffer likes this.
    07-22-2016 07:48 PM
    First get a heavier gauge cabe and choose the shortest length possible for you needs. Next remove the rubber pad from the bottom to expose the 4 screws holding the unittogether. Remove screw and pry the top black pad that the phone rests from the rest of the assembly. Inside you will see the induction coIL. Use a piece of plastic the thickness of a credit card cut the size of the coil and place it under the coil to raise it up closer to the top of device. Reassemble everything and you should be good to go. Remember you need a 2 amp charger or better to use this pad. Hope this helps. It solved my issues.
    Thank you G Butler!

Not sure why more Forum Software writers don't include a "Thank you" button? It would be a nice touch for folks who go out of their way to help!
    freddyjoe likes this.
    07-26-2016 04:46 PM
    I hope this help any one that owns a Samsung Galaxy Note 5

I have a Samsung Fast wireless charger EP-NG930 that is having a charging problem with the Note 5. It will not charge my phone fully, the light just blinks blue. Status light Flashing blue is a status indication "When not charging properly due to a general error".

I used the Adaptive Fast Charging Travel Adapter model EP-TA20JWE that came with the wireless charger. The Phone showed a message that charging was paused and status light would start blinking blue. After charging overnight, I would wake up to a phone not fully charged, maybe be at 85% charged. It worked intermittent and sometimes it would show a solid green status light indicating that the phone was fully charged. The blinking blue status light is now happening more often, it did not matter if the phone was vertical or horizontal on the charger. I happen to have other Samsung chargers and devices, so I tried troubleshooting what I could. I tried to another fast charging adapter(same model), cable, and did a factory reset. STILL seeing a flashing blue light.

I happen to have a Travel Adapter model EP-TA12JWE, I plugged in to the wireless charger. BOOM! Now I see a solid green status light!
    I tried to put the Adaptive Fast Charging Travel Adapter back on, still seeing flashing blue light.

Looks like that Adaptive Fast Charging Travel Adapter is doing something strange to when connected to the Samsung Fast wireless charger. I saw an earlier post that talked about a software glitch, it still might be a software glitch with the Fast wireless charger.

Hope this helps. I will post this on other post that deals with the charger itself.
    09-03-2016 11:13 AM
    Thanks G, will definitely give this mod a try.
    09-07-2016 03:13 AM
    I think you should use wireless charging as little as possible because it will reduce the life of the battery.
    09-07-2016 04:32 AM
    I think you should use wireless charging as little as possible because it will reduce the life of the battery.
    I have read this in a few forums but have never seen any real life data to back it up, I've wondered this also, whether using wireless charging shortens the battery life. Maybe an experiment for Myth Busters
    09-07-2016 07:31 AM
    Thanks to the person who asked "are you using a case?". I was and it was not charging on the pad, but now is that I removed the case. I got a cheap unibody case with Rick and Morty on it, but it must be better/thicker made than one would expect. Glad I came to these forums looking for an answer!
    09-12-2016 02:22 PM
    My pad came from Amazon, and I had the same problem with the charging process stopping after a short time.

I am happy to say that after I put the phone in Airplane Mode, completely removed the case, and centered my Note 5 on the pad with the top facing the cord, when I woke up this morning the pad light was green and my screen read 100% charge. I never could find daydream.....

Thanks a bunch, y'all!!
    11-04-2016 08:25 AM
    Works well when I turn it off. Thanks
    12-28-2016 09:50 AM
    Mine works well with any of the 5 different cases I've tried with my Note 5. Just be sure it is positioned properly (blue light on charger is illuminated). If not, try adjusting position slightly.
    01-02-2017 05:22 PM
    Just want to know, when my Note 5 is fully charged on my samsung wireless pad, the phone screen display turns on and stay on! How do I stop display from staying on? I have googled this without success. I just don't want my screen always on when finished charging because I don't want problems down the road. As I've stated, this is only when using the wireless charging pad.
    06-06-2017 08:05 AM
54 123