Spen not working on part of screen

maboroshii

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I recently noticed that my spen doesn't really work on a certain part of the screen. It's a small, circular area at the very top of the screen in the middle, almost directly beneath the company logo. I noticed it in the snote application; it seems to respond when I apply pressure but if I write as I normally would, it leaves a blank space in between. Has anyone else noticed this/had this problem?

Should I take my phone back?
Thank you for any help!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently noticed that my spen doesn't really work on a certain part of the screen. It's a small, circular area at the very top of the screen in the middle, almost directly beneath the company logo. I noticed it in the snote application; it seems to respond when I apply pressure but if I write as I normally would, it leaves a blank space in between. Has anyone else noticed this/had this problem?

Thank you for any help!

You don't have any kind of case that has a magnet, do you? Even a small one in a flap for closing matters.

If yes and taking the case off corrects it I wouldn't worry. If I you don't I would take it back immediately.

Thomas Wong1

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Narrowed it down to two soft cases. Once I remove the case it works again. Now looking for alternate hard cases.

Trying out several older cases (Note 3), I have solved it. Cases with magnetic covers (backs) will disrupt the S Pen. This can be replicated by placing a small magnet on the back of the Note5 in various places.

Get a case with no magnets or remove the magnet from the case. Of course you cannot magnetically close the case afterwards.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Narrowed it down to two soft cases. Once I remove the case it works again. Now looking for alternate hard cases.

Trying out several older cases (Note 3), I have solved it. Cases with magnetic covers (backs) will disrupt the S Pen. This can be replicated by placing a small magnet on the back of the Note5 in various places.

Get a case with no magnets or remove the magnet from the case. Of course you cannot magnetically close the case afterwards.

Yeah, you can't have magnets with the Note phones. It was a pretty wide problem with the Note 2 and most manufacturers started changing cases that had magnets. Guess new ones are popping up or manufacturers are forgetting..

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a magnet in my cover, but it has the soft case over the phone, then a rubberized wrap around over that. Yes a bit thick, but I like that the screen is covered, I can toss it in my purse with no worry. The magnet is in the back. I tried the Spen and it wrote all over.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a magnet in my cover, but it has the soft case over the phone, then a rubberized wrap around over that. Yes a bit thick, but I like that the screen is covered, I can toss it in my purse with no worry. The magnet is in the back. I tried the Spen and it wrote all over.

Posted via the *Note 5*

With your case being so thick, that might help. It is something you certainly want to watch out for though.

John Tsolomitis

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys,

I just noticed same problem with my note 4 when I installed the screen off memo app. I have a case that closes with a magnet. Took case off and all works fine. At least I know it's not the phone.

joeinblu

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I had my Note 5 screen and digitizer replaced due to me dropping and cracking the screen. Now I have an area going across the middle of the screen where my s-pen doesn't work. I attached a screen shot. Do you think the screen is defective? TIA

Joe

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 16909.jpg
    16909.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 105

Sepehr Aslany

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for any help!

Nepal 143

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for any help!

Nepal 143

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
same problem here my friend. did you solve the problem already or not yet if solve than pls tell me how okay? if i solve my note5 s pen problem before you than I will tell you. untill that good luck my friend

Nepal 143

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
friend I know it now. why s pen not writing in some area? a problem is our mobile cover magnet if you takeout your mobile cover than it will write.

Tj7

May 28, 2016
Visit site
You don't have any kind of case that has a magnet, do you? Even a small one in a flap for closing matters.

If yes and taking the case off corrects it I wouldn't worry. If I you don't I would take it back immediately.

Thank you so much for this!! This literally helped me solve what was wrong with my sister's Note 5. We'd just bought it and not long after part of the screen wasn't working! We had already returned another Note 5 the same day because of this problem. But it was the cover we got! Phew! Thank you!

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Aside from covers and magnates isn't there also a well known and amply documented problem with the Facebook app and dead areas on the screen?

Gkj1908

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site

I was using a plastic case before and stylus was not working. I removed the case and it was perfect.
Than I used a magnetic stand for few days and realised that stylus is not working In some parts of the screen. I have removed all the covers and stands and restarted also several times but it's still not working properly.
Any advice or any way to reset screen and sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20