11-08-2015 10:43 AM
233 1234 ...
tools
    I on t-mob also and with my note 4 I got bad reception downstairs in my townhouse and good reception upstairs, with my note 5 it's the opposite upstairs not so good ,downstairs good reception lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    You know you can get a free signal booster from TM for just those things, right? It works on calls and data both.

I sit in a valley, right below cell tower signals. My data speed without the signal booster was less than 1 Mbps. It is 30 Mbps, which is fast for here.

Especially having good signal in part of your house, it will spread the voice and data signal to the rest of your house. I picked up one at the T-Mobile store.
    debdroid1a and ELAkid like this.
    08-30-2015 09:21 AM
    I bought my external battery charger after I was in the hospital. I used my father's while I was in and found it really handy to have. Plus living in FL I never know when a hurricane may come and leave me without electricity. We have 4 of them in our house. 1 for each of us and a spare

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-30-2015 09:21 AM
    You know you can get a free signal booster from TM for just those things, right? It works on calls and data both.

I sit in a valley, right below cell tower signals. My data speed without the signal booster was less than 1 Mbps. It is 30 Mbps, which is fast for here.

Especially having good signal in part of your house, it will spread the voice and data signal to the rest of your house. I picked up one at the T-Mobile store.
    Yeah you know I just read up on that a few days ago ,yesterday I was at a t-mob store and a customer was requesting one,I was also going to to ask about it but it was really busy, that's what's cool about android central I have received a lot of helpful info on here thanks again.

kingorkid likes this.
    08-30-2015 09:30 AM
    Yeah you know I just read up on that a few days ago ,yesterday I was at a t-mob store and a customer was requesting one,I was also going to to ask about it but it was really busy, that's what's cool about android central I have received a lot of helpful info on here thanks again.

It makes a world of difference. Yeah I found out about it from a Mod/Ambassador here or I wouldn't have known either lol
    08-30-2015 09:32 AM
    I bought my external battery charger after I was in the hospital. I used my father's while I was in and found it really handy to have. Plus living in FL I never know when a hurricane may come and leave me without electricity. We have 4 of them in our house. 1 for each of us and a spare

Yeah that's true,any of us can experience an emergency and be left without electricity so that's good thinking.

I thought of returning my phone only because I thought the speaker wasn't working to hear phone calls so I wanted a replacement note 5 but it was the AT&T network being down. Otherwise in sure to keep this phone until the next big thing from Samsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    I thought of returning my phone only because I thought the speaker wasn't working to hear phone calls so I wanted a replacement note 5 but it was the AT&T network being down. Otherwise in sure to keep this phone until the next big thing from Samsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was thinking of getting the moto x pure, but the truth is for what I use my phone, I don't mind TouchWiz, and this stripped down version is even better

debdroid1a and Kelly Kearns like this.
    08-30-2015 09:38 AM
    Never, I love my new phone, I will exchange it only when the Note 6 comes out

jimd1050 likes this.
    08-30-2015 11:41 AM
    Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

Exactly me
    Also, all batteries will degrade overtime... But this phone battery has been exceptional with battery life

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!
    08-30-2015 11:47 AM
    I'm on t mobile and my battery life is better if not as good as my S5. I actually get better reception on this note 5 then my S5, more bars and 4G more often.

I don't plan on exchanging it anytime soon. I love the Spen. The screen size. How quick it is. Double press home key anywhere, ant time for the camera. The Microsoft apps. Etc.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I'm in the same boat. Just upgraded yesterday from the note 4 and my note 5 picks up signal so much better at my job than my note 4 did. I'm a server and I put my phone away while on the floor and with the note 4 I usually had to put it in airplane mode to preserve battery life, even after buying a new battery for it. I decided to leave the note 5 with everything turned on and everything I had running in the recent apps still going so to speak (I would clear all apps before my shift with the note 4), and I expected to see it at 60% from 90% at the end of my shift, but it went from 90% to 85% and that to me is a huge upgrade. And I had full 4g lte as well. And with the speed of this thing and the camera, it's never going back lol.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-30-2015 12:16 PM
    Returning? No. Exchanging? Yes. BUT... only 'cause I would like to have the white 64 GB Verizon model. Unfortunately my 14 days will be up next Friday and I doubt Verizon will have what I want in it's supply closet by then. I'm not giving this phone up. It's pleasantly surprised me in every way and I'm very happy with it,
    08-30-2015 12:26 PM
    No.

jimd1050 likes this.
    08-30-2015 12:47 PM
    No returning here. Since I was introduced to the Note line with the 3, no other device has held my attention long enough to give it a chance. I think this device will only be replaced with the Note 6...unless Samsung does something drastic like remove all the s pen functionality.

AlexMarie15 likes this.
    08-30-2015 01:48 PM
    Actually I am thinking about returning mine.

While this is a fantastic phone, I am still worried about dropping it and breaking the glass back on it, and knowing that if it gets wet it's most likely toast.

I've been weighing all the pros and cons for keeping it and I am just not sure that it is truly worth the extra gray hair I am getting keeping it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    08-30-2015 01:49 PM
    I did everything I could to not get it the other day, swinging back and forth on the lack of removable Battery/Storage! But, the d a r n thing kept staring at me in the store, and eventually I gave in and bought the thing
    H3aTeRzz and Denisej like this.
    08-30-2015 01:59 PM
    Nope

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 02:23 PM
    One look at the Note 5 and I was in love. Would never return it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-30-2015 02:38 PM
    I don't think there is a chance. This phone is crazy. I came from the iPhone 6. With Samsung making a real premium phone the Note 5 was it. I love this thing. Only thing I have missed from the iPhone is imessage and I'm just about over that in the first 4 days. The Note 5 is top notch. Putting my iPhone 6 up for sale tomorrow. The Note is crazy fast. I'm addicted to this thing. Amazing phone 100%
    Gray Area, ladyc0524 and gdgtmom like this.
    08-30-2015 02:45 PM
    Only to swap it out for the 64GB!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-30-2015 03:03 PM
    Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm running with a note 4 on T-Mobile with great battery life.

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-30-2015 03:18 PM
    Returning? No. Exchanging? Yes. BUT... only 'cause I would like to have the white 64 GB Verizon model. Unfortunately my 14 days will be up next Friday and I doubt Verizon will have what I want in it's supply closet by then. I'm not giving this phone up. It's pleasantly surprised me in every way and I'm very happy with it,
    I wanted to exchange it because when I first got it my phon took forevermore to charge but now it's better,I orders it online from tmob and they told me they couldn't exchanging it because there wasn't any units and the phone was too new ,they told me I could only send it in for a return, and after reading the horror stories of returning a device to t-mob and getting the run around to get the refund months later it's not a risk I'm willing to take .

I have the white note 4 and I was kinda debating whichever one to get,and I went black and I like the navy blue reflection

08-30-2015 04:31 PM
    Thanks yoi everyone for your feedback I really appreciate it, this phone is awesome, and I'm glad you guys are all enjoying your Note 5

ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-30-2015 04:34 PM
    The thought never crossed my mind.
    08-30-2015 04:48 PM
    I'm not sure what I would be returning my Note 5 for.

LG G4 - Already had it. It's a great phone, but I couldn't imagine going back to it after just one week with the N5.

iPhone 6+ - I was given one to use as a work phone. It's great, but I find myself reaching for my Note 10 out of 10 times.

Moto X Style - Perhaps if it were out already and I knew what I was getting. But I was ready to upgrade and I already knew what I wanted.
    08-30-2015 04:53 PM
    Also forgot to add its hard for me to talk about battery life so soon. I'm using this phone constantly. I hardly get through a day. I seem to hardly put it down. I'm at 2 hrs 45 min screen time with 53% left. Not really used to Android battery life being on ios mostly so I don't know how it is really.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-30-2015 04:56 PM
233 1234 ...