11-08-2015 10:43 AM
233 12345 ...
tools
    Hasn't even crossed my mind. This phone is the total package for me and my needs.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 05:01 PM
    Moto X Style - Perhaps if it were out already and I knew what I was getting. But I was ready to upgrade and I already knew what I wanted.
    Being a former Motorola user, I have been watching that too I wish Motorola would do something before I have to make my switch next week!!!
    08-30-2015 05:03 PM
    Being a former Motorola user, I have been watching that too I wish Motorola would do something before I have to make my switch next week!!!
    I thought Sept 3 the moto x pure was going to be released?

I might still get one, I kinda like the hardware and I like stock Android, even tho the truth is I don't really have an issue with TouchWiz I use much of its features .

08-30-2015 05:07 PM
    got the note 5 the 1st day return it for nexus 6 and today back too note 5 i got the whit

the nexus 6 was this too wide for my hands the note 5 is this right
    08-30-2015 05:10 PM
    I thought Sept 3 the moto x pure was going to be released?

I might still get one, I kinda like the hardware and I like stock Android, even tho the truth is I don't really have an issue with TouchWiz I use much of its features .

Motorola pulled back on that date for some reason! I got this from Moto Tech Support Friday:

Hello Jim,

This is Jxxxxxxx and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I was reading your email and we are really thankful for your interest in the Moto Pure, we want you to be part of the Motorola Family.

At this moment Jim we do not have an specific time or date for the launch of this great phone, we really care and we do not want to set t he wrong expectation about this, I will suggest you to keep an eye on the forums or the Motorola web site for you to check for any good news!

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
    Motorola US: Android smartphones, Moto 360 smartwatch, cell phones

Please do not hesitate in contact us back if you need further help.

Kind regards,
    Jxxxxxx M.
    Motorola Tech Support
    08-30-2015 05:11 PM
    Motorola pulled back on that date for some reason! I got this from Moto Tech Support Friday:

Hello Jim,

This is Jxxxxxxx and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I was reading your email and we are really thankful for your interest in the Moto Pure, we want you to be part of the Motorola Family.

At this moment Jim we do not have an specific time or date for the launch of this great phone, we really care and we do not want to set t he wrong expectation about this, I will suggest you to keep an eye on the forums or the Motorola web site for you to check for any good news!

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
    Motorola US: Android smartphones, Moto 360 smartwatch, cell phones

Please do not hesitate in contact us back if you need further help.

Kind regards,
    Jxxxxxx M.
    Motorola Tech Support
    Oh OK I might get a 16gb one when it comes out and just stick my SD card in it, I want to try something new,I have had many different phones but never a Motorola android phone

08-30-2015 05:14 PM
    Actually I am thinking about returning mine.

While this is a fantastic phone, I am still worried about dropping it and breaking the glass back on it, and knowing that if it gets wet it's most likely toast.

I've been weighing all the pros and cons for keeping it and I am just not sure that it is truly worth the extra gray hair I am getting keeping it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    I use a case and almost every phone is toast if it gets wet.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-30-2015 05:26 PM
    I turned on power saving mode on my Note 5,and in a little over 4 hours my phone dropped only 3%, plus I can live with the settings, I think I found the solution to my problem, and I will be keeping this phone

I don't use Facebook, or message people ,I don't use any social media except you tube sometimes, I use my phone to research, read and write and a few apps,so this setting should be cool.

08-30-2015 05:36 PM
    Actually I am thinking about returning mine.

While this is a fantastic phone, I am still worried about dropping it and breaking the glass back on it, and knowing that if it gets wet it's most likely toast.

I've been weighing all the pros and cons for keeping it and I am just not sure that it is truly worth the extra gray hair I am getting keeping it.

If you don't plan on using cases with your phones, then to do want one with better hardware. Check out the sticky on cases, some are getting thinner or other types that don't take away the looks of this phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=563365

There's also this discussion about those who are not going to use a case. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=572513

I had the S5 and even though it was water resistant, I never got it close to wet. So that's Non-issue with me.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-30-2015 05:38 PM
    got the note 5 the 1st day return it for nexus 6 and today back too note 5 i got the whit

the nexus 6 was this too wide for my hands the note 5 is this right
    I did look at the nexus 6 and I liked my Note 4 over it,even though it's a great device I really like the screen on the Note series. Plus you're right it feels really wide.

08-30-2015 05:47 PM
    Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

Best Samsung Galaxy phone to date that I've owned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 05:52 PM
    If you don't plan on using cases with your phones, then to do want one with better hardware. Check out the sticky on cases, some are getting thinner or other types that don't take away the looks of this phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=563365

There's also this discussion about those who are not going to use a case. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=572513

I had the S5 and even though it was water resistant, I never got it close to wet. So that's Non-issue with me.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Thanks...

If I keep it I'll just have to get over the worrying. The thin cases are OK, but most likely will get a Sedio for it. I have had great luck with them on my phones for protection and ease of carrying.

08-30-2015 06:21 PM
    Thanks...

If I keep it I'll just have to get over the worrying. The thin cases are OK, but most likely will get a Sedio for it. I have had great luck with them on my phones for protection and ease of carrying.

Someone also posted that they were going to get square trade insurance since they didn't want to get a case,so if it broke they could get it replaced

08-30-2015 06:25 PM
    Square Trade is good and cheap to get. The only thing Square Trade won't cover is theft or losing the device.
    08-30-2015 06:26 PM
    To answer the original question. I have thought about it and sadly will return it on Tuesday, my 14th day is up then. I have given it a fair shot, with a daily comparison with my Note 4. For me, it is just not enough juice for the wknd and when I am traveling or out in the field. It lasts longer than my Note 4, but not by much. I can at least swap my battery with the Note 4. It's not an issue on weekdays generally since most times I am in my office.

Many folks love their Note 5, me too. Just the battery and other reasons not for me.
    08-30-2015 06:30 PM
    To answer the original question. I have thought about it and sadly will return it on Tuesday, my 14th day is up then. I gave it a fair shot, with a daily comparison with my Note 4. For me, it is just not enough juice for the wknd and when I am traveling or out in the field. It lasts longer than my Note 4, but not by much. I can at least swap my battery with the Note 4. It's not an issue on weekdays generally since most times I am in my office.

Many folks love their Note 5, me too. Just the battery and other reasons not for me.
    I hear you, for me weekdays are when my battery gets tested I ride my bike to work and when I ride home sometimes the battery is already in the orange but it has made it home without dying and I do use my phone a lot, so with an hour of cycling and 8 hours at work ,I guess 9 hours of me using it is pretty good,I will most likely upgrades to the note 6 when that is released if I like it,so by then I will sell this phone.

08-30-2015 06:43 PM
    Someone also posted that they were going to get square trade insurance since they didn't want to get a case,so if it broke they could get it replaced

Thanks.. I hadn't considered them.

08-30-2015 06:52 PM

I think Square Trade is about $99 a year.. Pretty cheap. The way my niece breaks iPhone screens, seems the deductible isn't much either.
    08-30-2015 06:56 PM
    I thought of returning it but only to get a 64 gig in white, instead of my black 32

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 07:00 PM

You're welcome

08-30-2015 07:00 PM
    I thought of returning it but only to get a 64 gig in white, instead of my black 32

Yeah I got 64 ,because I didn't want to worry about running out of space

08-30-2015 07:01 PM
    Hey there are a lot of great devices out there. The Note 4 is probably the better option if you absolutely need that spare battery.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    08-30-2015 07:03 PM
    The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I mean...right!

08-30-2015 07:23 PM

Not that I would want white but I was told there is no white 64 on vzw. I got black 64

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 07:25 PM
    I'm going to order two new batteries for mine and her note 4 with the 30% coupon from Samsung,
    Save your money. Get this for $25:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q4N...cUvbUpU4649451

Works well.
    08-30-2015 07:44 PM
233 12345 ...