233 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Save your money. Get this for $25:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Q4N...cUvbUpU4649494

Works well.
    Thanks for the heads up, good deeds

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 08:10 PM
    The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I agree, it's not an issue when we're at our desk all day or next to an outlet. Since I am on the road between clients on some days, a fast charger wouldn't suffice. On the wknds, I like to be outdoors, so carrying an external power source or a bulky battery pack is not feasible. I was at the beach today using my Note 4; the spare battery came in handy. With the Note 5, I set an alarm at 3p these past 2 wks to remind myself to charge it before I leave my office.

The only other reason to return my Note 5 is my HDMI/MHL 3.0 adapter does not work; can't connect to my TV.

If the Note 4 won't be getting Marshmellow, I would most likely keep my Note 5. It's an awesome phone.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:39 PM
    I agree, it's not an issue when we're at our desk all day or next to an outlet. Since I am on the road between clients on some days, a fast charger wouldn't suffice. On the wknds, I like to be outdoors, so carrying an external power source or a bulky battery pack is not feasible. I was at the beach today using my Note 4; the spare battery came in handy. With the Note 5, I set an alarm at 3p these past 2 wks to remind myself to charge it before I leave my office.

The only other reason to return my Note 5 is my HDMI/MHL 3.0 adapter does not work; can't connect to my TV.

If the Note 4 won't be getting Marshmellow, I would most likely keep my Note 5. It's an awesome phone.
    The fast charge car charger us amazing.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:43 PM
    The fast charge car charger us amazing.
    Yes, but not when I was at the beach, amusement park, or wedding...all real events that took place these past 2 weeks.
    jefmoody likes this.
    08-30-2015 08:50 PM
    Yes, but not when I was at the beach, amusement park, or wedding...all real events that took place these past 2 weeks.
    No, but the external battery is fast charge too.

The car charger was in reference to you being on the road, etc.
    08-30-2015 09:06 PM
    No, but the external battery is fast charge too.

The car charger was in reference to you being on the road, etc.
    I appreciate the suggestions, indeed a car charger or an external battery would work, but the Note 4 offers a far more quick and less cumbersome experience to be 100% again. Otherwise, I would keep my Note 5, even forgoing the inability to connect to my TV or heck, lack of sd card.
    08-30-2015 09:11 PM
    Not a chance! You can purchase the Note 5 with a few reservations, but within a few minutes of ownership it will win you over completely. My Note 5 will be with me for the long haul....
    ladyc0524, jimd1050 and debdroid1a like this.
    08-30-2015 09:12 PM
    There's a fast car charger? Nice. Also, no way would I return this phone, best phone I've ever owned.
    ladyc0524, jimd1050 and debdroid1a like this.
    08-30-2015 10:12 PM
    There's a fast car charger? Nice. Also, no way would I return this phone, best phone I've ever owned.
    Yeah.. Let me get you a link for the one I bought. Not expensive and charges great!
    08-30-2015 10:18 PM
    This one. Cord is long, but I have a place on my console to plug it in and close the top and the cord stays in.

http://www.amazon.com/Charger-iVoler...cUvbUpU4649684
    08-30-2015 10:21 PM
    No way!! This device is simply awesome. Sleek, fast, powerful and sexy all in a well put together package. I'm about that #NoteLife
    debdroid1a and Gray Area like this.
    08-30-2015 10:34 PM
    Nice. And they have a dual charger so I can power my satellite radio at the same time. AWESOME!! Thanks.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:47 PM
    Nope not at all. The best Android phone I have used so far.
    08-30-2015 11:20 PM
    The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.
    Seriously!
    I know everyone's work habits are different, everyone uses their phones differently, but how many people are NOT near a plug in their office or at home, or in a car, for 15, 20 minutes in the middle of the day to give their phone a quick battery boost, if needed?

The Starbucks near where I live even has Qi Chargers built into their counters, for customer use!

I have had NO issues with the battery, it seems to really last and last. Unless I happen to take the family to Disneyland, or some other amusement park, and we leave at 8am, and return home past midnight, there is never a time I can't find a way to quickly charge my phone for a short while.

Even at a park, I can purchase an inexpensive battery bank, and my worries are gone!

Thoughts of returning my Note5?

Seriously? This phone continues to blow me away!
    debdroid1a and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-30-2015 11:36 PM
    Returning mines tomorrow, I quickly realized I prefer software/on screen buttons than the physical home button and capacitive buttons. I guess I just prefer the Nexus phones, software seems more important to me than hardware.

The Note 5 hardware is nice, but the bezels are really too small IMO, I keep changing the wallpaper by just holding the phone as it registers my fingers when just holding the phone. I also launch the multi window function when I try to hold phone because my hand rest on the capacitive button area.

I tried it, and will just cut my lost now with the $50 restocking fee. Will use a Sony Z3 that I already have as I traded in my Nexus 6. Now I play the waiting game for the next Nexus.

- via my Note 5, previously Nexus 6
    08-30-2015 11:40 PM
    Returning mines tomorrow, I quickly realized I prefer software/on screen buttons than the physical home button and capacitive buttons. I guess I just prefer the Nexus phones, software seems more important to me than hardware.

The Note 5 hardware is nice, but the bezels are really too small IMO, I keep changing the wallpaper by just holding the phone as it registers my fingers when just holding the phone. I also launch the multi window function when I try to hold phone because my hand rest on the capacitive button area.

I tried it, and will just cut my lost now with the $50 restocking fee. Will use a Sony Z3 that I already have as I traded in my Nexus 6. Now I play the waiting game for the next Nexus.

- via my Note 5, previously Nexus 6
    I had that problem too but tried a Spigen bumper case on it and that issue went away.

Doesn't do anything about the buttons though for you, but thought I would throw that out there.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    08-30-2015 11:53 PM
    Seriously!
    I know everyone's work habits are different, everyone uses their phones differently, but how many people are NOT near a plug in their office or at home, or in a car, for 15, 20 minutes in the middle of the day to give their phone a quick battery boost, if needed?

The Starbucks near where I live even has Qi Chargers built into their counters, for customer use!

I have had NO issues with the battery, it seems to really last and last. Unless I happen to take the family to Disneyland, or some other amusement park, and we leave at 8am, and return home past midnight, there is never a time I can't find a way to quickly charge my phone for a short while.

Even at a park, I can purchase an inexpensive battery bank, and my worries are gone!

Thoughts of returning my Note5?

Seriously? This phone continues to blow me away!
    Ha, I used to think like you, but to me, 30 seconds to recharge (swappable battery) vs 20 minutes is a deal-breaker, especially when you're in a bind, but I do agree with you it doesn't matter when you're at home or office.
    jefmoody likes this.
    08-31-2015 12:02 AM
    Ha, I used to think like you, but to me, 30 seconds to recharge (swappable battery) vs 20 minutes is a deal-breaker, especially when you're in a bind, but I do agree with you it doesn't matter when you're at home or office.
    Just wondering.. What are you going to do when all flagship devices go to sealed batteries?
    08-31-2015 12:07 AM
    Just wondering.. What are you going to do when all flagship devices go to sealed batteries?
    I honestly can't answer that question since it's not a known fact. Besides, technology changes so rapidly, so who knows in a year or so. Like I said before, until battery life technology improves dramatically, I would be holding onto my Note 4. Also, Samsung could have made a plastic back Note 5 variant, maybe they will for the Note 6.

The whole debate is moot had Samsung made a 4000+ mAh battery. If they do away with plastic backs forever, then they should increase the battery size. For the Note 5, they did the opposite. 😢
    monsieurms and jefmoody like this.
    08-31-2015 12:37 AM
    I honestly can't answer that question since it's not a known fact. Besides, technology changes so rapidly, so who knows in a year or so. Like I said before, until battery life technology improves dramatically, I would be holding onto my Note 4. Also, Samsung could have made a plastic back Note 5 variant, maybe they will for the Note 6.

The whole debate is moot had Samsung made a 4000+ mAh battery. If they do away with plastic backs forever, then they should increase the battery size. For the Note 5, they did the opposite. 😢
    Actually, Samsung and MIT ate working on a battery for a lifetime, one that never degrades.
    08-31-2015 02:18 AM

Oh.. Let me show you my battery today..
    Attached Thumbnails Have you thought of returning your Note 5?-1441005553466.jpg   Have you thought of returning your Note 5?-1441005583083.jpg  
    Adawg1203 and debdroid1a like this.
    08-31-2015 02:19 AM
    I'm on the fence. Not being able to root is a pretty big deal for me. I don't care if samsung pay won't work, I won't use it anyway, but making the phone not boot when you break knox is stupid.
    08-31-2015 06:52 AM
    Yes, I actually returned mine yesterday. I absolutely could not deal with the battery life. I felt like I was a wall hugger. With my daily activities, this phone just couldn't keep up battery wise. It's an awesome feature packed phone, I just didn't feel that I needed to turn everything off just for me to have decent battery.I will wait for another monster android phone, hopefully this year. Enjoy your notes. I might even come back if they offer a 128gb. Storage and battery were my 2 biggest gripes.
    jefmoody, Chitown28 and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-31-2015 07:00 AM
    Yes, I actually returned mine yesterday. I absolutely could not deal with the battery life. I felt like I was a wall hugger. With my daily activities, this phone just couldn't keep up battery wise. It's an awesome feature packed phone, I just didn't feel that I needed to turn everything off just for me to have decent battery.I will wait for another monster android phone, hopefully this year. Enjoy your notes. I might even come back if they offer a 128gb. Storage and battery were my 2 biggest gripes.
    Looks like we are in the minority here. Curious, what phone did you have before?
    08-31-2015 07:04 AM
    Sorry to hear about your battery woes. To be honest my battery is an afterthought because it's so good. I was initially concerned (reduced capacity from N4) but it holds up better than my note 4 which is impressive in and of itself.

Also, I do delete and disable any bloat. From there, I use my device as prescribed. I don't do things to hinder performance in the name of trying to improve batt life. Still the note 5 has been a pleasant surprise.
    08-31-2015 07:06 AM
233 ... 23456 ...