Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Have any of you contemplated returning your Note 5?

I really like this phone, but the battery keeps me thinking of returning it,as nice as this phone is,and as smooth as it feels the battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now,I might be wrong.

If yoy have thought of returning it what has been the reason?

Posted via the Android Central App

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought it with the thought that I may return it, it'seems one of the reasons I bought it at best buy.
My reason was not knowing if I could handle not having root access.
I have never concerned myself with battery life on any phone because I know I can charge it almost any time I choose.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you contemplated returning your Note 5?

I really like this phone, but the battery keeps me thinking of returning it,as nice as this phone is,and as smooth as it feels the battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now,I might be wrong.

If yoy have thought of returning it what has been the reason?

The battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now, because...?

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The battery life doesn't seem like it will hold up 8 months from now, because...?

I guess I assumed that, because my note 4 battery after around 8 months and lollipop, when it would get to the orange color on the battery it would drop down to under ten in about a minute then just shut down,both mine and my wife's have this same issue,and I know it could be the battery that has an issue, but my wife doesn't even use her phone all that much and it happened to hers also.

I'm going to order two new batteries for mine and her note 4 with the 30% coupon from Samsung, and I guess that experience has me a little nervous about This battery,but I know I shouldn't assume things lol.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Nope, getting better battery life than my Note 4. I upgrade every year so its not an issue.

That's what also has kept me from returning it,that I only had my nose 4 like 10 months and I upgraded so I guess I shouldn't be all that concerned

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought it with the thought that I may return it, it'seems one of the reasons I bought it at best buy.
My reason was not knowing if I could handle not having root access.
I have never concerned myself with battery life on any phone because I know I can charge it almost any time I choose.

That's a good way of seeing it,If I keep it I will just have to buy a Powerbank to be able to charge whenever low.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess I assumed that, because my note 4 battery after around 8 months and lollipop, when it would get to the orange color on the battery it would drop down to under ten in about a minute then just shut down,both mine and my wife's have this same issue,and I know it could be the battery that has an issue, but my wife doesn't even use her phone all that much and it happened to hers also.

I'm going to order two new batteries for mine and her note 4 with the 30% coupon from Samsung, and I guess that experience has me a little nervous about This battery,but I know I shouldn't assume things lol.

Well remember, they have been working with the closed battery before this. The S6 has that battery also ;)

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

Yeah this phone is awesome, I have used Android since the very first G1 was released ,and I have always preferred it to Apple .

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am on t-mob,I have installed Doze and have deleted the bloat and also have stopped the apps from run-in in the background, last night I went to sleep with 98% woke up like 6 hours later and was at 89% does that seem normal?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Well remember, they have been working with the closed battery before this. The S6 has that battery also ;)

Yeah you're right, I will keep on checking the battery thread to see what other tips I can use,I never had an extra battery for my note 4 so I wasn't all hurt about the sealed battery,I will just get an external source of power if necessary :)thanks

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I did everything I could to not get it the other day, swinging back and forth on the lack of removable Battery/Storage! But, the d a r n thing kept staring at me in the store, and eventually I gave in and bought the thing. Its a beautiful phone, and I've had it home 3 days now, and keep trying to tell myself to bring it back and just use my beautiful Note 4, to which does have removable Battery/Storage. So...i'll report back here in my 14th day, as that will be the day I either use the 14 day return, or not :-D

Wish me luck! :-D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am on t-mob,I have installed Doze and have deleted the bloat and also have stopped the apps from run-in in the background, last night I went to sleep with 98% woke up like 6 hours later and was at 89% does that seem normal?

Personally, I like Greenify and there is an app by the same developers called ShutApp that looks promising.

I don't need either, but I'm testing ShutApp right now. You might want to look at that one.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I like Greenify and there is an app by the same developers called ShutApp that looks promising.

I don't need either, but I'm testing ShutApp right now. You might want to look at that one.

I have tries geeenify before in my s4 I believe , I might have to give it another go.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I did everything I could to not get it the other day, swinging back and forth on the lack of removable Battery/Storage! But, the d a r n thing kept staring at me in the store, and eventually I gave in and bought the thing. Its a beautiful phone, and I've had it home 3 days now, and keep trying to tell myself to bring it back and just use my beautiful Note 4, to which does have removable Battery/Storage. So...i'll report back here in my 14th day, as that will be the day I either use the 14 day return, or not :-D

Wish me luck! :-D

That's kinda the boat I'm in ,I have grown attached to the note 5,and my note 4 is sitting all alone in my dresser ,this phone is awesome and I don't want to part ways with it,so I'm hoping I find ways to improve my battery, I hope whatever you decide makes you happy :)