11-08-2015 10:43 AM
233 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I regret losing my note 3 and buying this turd. Its slower than my 3 was and wont stay connected to my wifi for anything.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-02-2015 03:49 PM
    I regret losing my note 3 and buying this turd. Its slower than my 3 was and wont stay connected to my wifi for anything.

You got one of those Chinese knockoff phone didn't you... lol
    09-02-2015 03:57 PM
    I need the battery to last as long as possible. I work 12 hour shifts. I could be stuck at crime scene for hours. I don't always have access to a charger. My SOT varies. I'm a fairly heavy use but mostly web browsing, messaging, and some sports apps. No streaming video or games.

Do you mean you removed the phone at 7am and at 10pm it had 10% left?
    Yes...it means that on my Day 2 of testing, I removed the phone at 7am with 100%, and at 10pm it had 10% remaining... I was at my desk and in my car often, but made it a point to keep it OFF the charger so that I can test how long it would last... On a real life day, there is no way that I would stream music and use the NAV in my car without having it plugged in... And there is ZERO reason for me to be at my desk and not top it off...

So in real life, including opportunistic topping off charging, this thing is a beast for me...

Today's testing isn't going so well... I'll call this "Day 3"...

Day 3 - Medium usage. GPS tracking and video streaming for some/much of the day. Took the phone off the charger at 8am and it is currently at 50% (and it is 2pm now)... So 50% got me 6 hours so far... Again, I had plenty of chances to do some opportunistic charging in my car and at my desk, but didn't... All things being equal, the second 50% should give me another 6 hours, which would take me to 8pm...
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-02-2015 04:11 PM
    I need the battery to last as long as possible. I work 12 hour shifts. I could be stuck at crime scene for hours. I don't always have access to a charger. My SOT varies. I'm a fairly heavy use but mostly web browsing, messaging, and some sports apps. No streaming video or games.

Do you mean you removed the phone at 7am and at 10pm it had 10% left?
    BTW, you mention 12 hour shifts and "crime scenes"... I assume you are either law enforcement, an investigator, or a CSI-type person...

If so, don't you have a considerable amount of "car time" during the day that you could have it charging when in your vehicle?

Also, there are car AND battery packs that support adaptive charging...that will get you from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes... And to 100% in just over an hour... You may want to think of those options for when your shift challenges your battery life...
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-02-2015 04:13 PM
    No regrets at all. Got the Note 5 last week. Waited a week to decide what to do and get accustomed to Android again. Just sold my iPhone 6 today for $780. Love this phone. Have had an amazing time with it.
    this is off topic but where did you sell your iPhone 6? I'm looking to sell my iPhone 6+ 128GB gold.
    09-02-2015 05:04 PM
    OP, there's nothing wrong with this phone to be frightened about. I wish they gave it a bigger battery... but battery life is still very good. And you should be able to use it alot and still get enough battery life to last your shift. These are great phones... you should buy one!
    Well I do have a Note 5,and after a week with it,my battery has gotten really good,so I decided to keep it, because the only thing that had me thinking of returning it, was how fast the battery was draining but it's all good in the hood now

Gray Area likes this.
    09-02-2015 05:47 PM
    Dude, I bought the S6 and it was a great device but the battery life (screen on time) was bad...i would average 3 hours. I just posted a screenshot on another thread that showed I got avg of 6 hours screen on time on my Note 5 with like 19 hours overall battery life. Huge improvement over the S6 with no lag and better RAM management.
    Same results here coming from the s6 edge

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5

Tablets
    Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0, a few low budget tabs I care not to mention because they were terrible and not worthy of my memory.

Watch
    Galaxy gear
    09-02-2015 05:56 PM
    How long were you on the 6+? What do you like on the Note over the 6+? I'm debating really hard about leaving the Android world and going to Apple. Just getting burned out on the phone hunt game.
    I had the 6+ since launch day last September. i like the overall flexibility of Android. Screen, widgets, notifications, customization of the look and feel. BT performs better on Android IMO. I can connect multiple devices via BT and control phone and audio. I also like the better camera with more features, although the iPhone did a heck of a job with 8 megapixels.

Honestly, the iPhone 6+ was a great phone and I can't say anything bad about it. Battery life was better than I have ever experienced and everything was smooth and fluid. You can't go wrong with either device.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    09-02-2015 08:33 PM
    this is off topic but where did you sell your iPhone 6? I'm looking to sell my iPhone 6+ 128GB gold.
    I sold mine on Swappa for $775. 128gb silver.
    09-02-2015 08:34 PM
    I had the 6+ since launch day last September. i like the overall flexibility of Android. Screen, widgets, notifications, customization of the look and feel. BT performs better on Android IMO. I can connect multiple devices via BT and control phone and audio. I also like the better camera with more features, although the iPhone did a heck of a job with 8 megapixels.

Honestly, the iPhone 6+ was a great phone and I can't say anything bad about it. Battery life was better than I have ever experienced and everything was smooth and fluid. You can't go wrong with either device.
    Only thing I miss about 6+ so battery. Would get 12-15 hours on own charge with moderate to heavy use.

Now I'm down to 9-10 hours. I can charge in my car often so guess not too concerned but like the flexibility and reliability of that awesome battery

jneusch likes this.
    09-02-2015 08:41 PM

It is not slower than the Note 3. I have owned every Note device made and this runs circles around the Note 3.
    09-02-2015 08:58 PM
    BTW, you mention 12 hour shifts and "crime scenes"... I assume you are either law enforcement, an investigator, or a CSI-type person...

If so, don't you have a considerable amount of "car time" during the day that you could have it charging when in your vehicle?

Also, there are car AND battery packs that support adaptive charging...that will get you from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes... And to 100% in just over an hour... You may want to think of those options for when your shift challenges your battery life...
    Yes I work in law enforcement (hence the screen name). I do have a fair bit of time in my car. Sometimes I am assigned to bike patrol. Yes I know there are battery packs but with the amount of gear I already carry I don't want to increase it. Ideally a phone can get me through an entire shift.
    09-03-2015 03:47 PM
    You know you can get a free signal booster from TM for just those things, right? It works on calls and data both.

I sit in a valley, right below cell tower signals. My data speed without the signal booster was less than 1 Mbps. It is 30 Mbps, which is fast for here.

Especially having good signal in part of your house, it will spread the voice and data signal to the rest of your house. I picked up one at the T-Mobile store.
    Does AT&T has this kind of booster?
    All our att phones rarely get 2 bars from home. Mostly no bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 09:10 PM
    When you buy a phone here in Korea, they always include extra battery and now with Note 5 they give you extra 10400mah power bank~ but i never really get to use it outside~ i have an online shop and do works on my phone~ battery has never an issue^^

jimd1050 likes this.
    09-03-2015 10:01 PM
    I thought of returning couple of times because I pre ordered the Moto X, will buy the new Nexus when it releases but not able because I'm loving this phone. Especially putting Nova launcher or Google now launcher hides the touchwiz launcher and the hardware is so beautiful I think will keep this phone for a few months.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-03-2015 10:24 PM
    I thought of returning couple of times because I pre ordered the Moto X, will buy the new Nexus when it releases but not able because I'm loving this phone. Especially putting Nova launcher or Google now launcher hides the touchwiz launcher and the hardware is so beautiful I think will keep this phone for a few months.

Several people have stated that TouchWiz is much better on the Note 5 (maybe it's just the Lollipop 5.1.1) than it was on the Note 4 (which I am still running - with Nova). I am switching carriers next week and getting a Note 5 - I may try the TouchWiz for a bit but will probably go right to Nova on that too... are you running Nova on your Note 5 bhatech?
    09-03-2015 10:48 PM
    Several people have stated that TouchWiz is much better on the Note 5 (maybe it's just the Lollipop 5.1.1) than it was on the Note 4 (which I am still running - with Nova). I am switching carriers next week and getting a Note 5 - I may try the TouchWiz for a bit but will probably go right to Nova on that too... are you running Nova on your Note 5 bhatech?
    Yeah switch between Nova and GNL , Nova is buttery smooth, Google now launcher stutters now and then. Haven't used touchwiz launcher since hate that look.

jimd1050 likes this.
    09-03-2015 11:11 PM
    Does AT&T has this kind of booster?
    All our att phones rarely get 2 bars from home. Mostly no bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Sort of. They have a microcell and it is a 3G phone signal, it doesn't help with data really, data is slow on it, but it will help the call signal. You can have up to 10 lines that will connect to it. AT&T charges like $200 for the microcell. Sometimes a store manager will give you one, sometimes customer care will give you credit on your bill after you buy it. It just depends on who talk to at customer care. I would start with asking a store manager and if they won't give it to you, as customer care of they will.

Now the difference with the AT&T one, you must have broadband Internet, as it has to connect to your internet modem to work. The T-Mobile one doesn't require Internet.
    09-04-2015 03:15 AM
    I thought of it and did return it today along with the 3rd charger puck. I really liked the phone, probably the best phone I ever had, but I couldn't get passed the smudge/chalky type lines that appear around the screen border (with light backgrounds) when outdoors. I first noticed it after purchasing it, and it only occurred when on auto-brightness. But as the 14 days wore on, the defect would appear even without auto-brightness on. My thinking was it might continue to get worse, and I didn't want to weather it.
    09-04-2015 06:06 PM
    I did think about returning it within one-two days of getting it. Now I'm used to Android, the battery life, etc. I have four days to decide. Ticktock, ticktock...
    09-04-2015 08:22 PM
    I did think about returning it within one-two days of getting it. Now I'm used to Android, the battery life, etc. I have four days to decide. Ticktock, ticktock...
    You know you wanna keep it! If you let a good thing go, you never get it back lol

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    anon(153966) and gdgtmom like this.
    09-05-2015 01:33 PM
    I thought of it and did return it today along with the 3rd charger puck. I really liked the phone, probably the best phone I ever had, but I couldn't get passed the smudge/chalky type lines that appear around the screen border (with light backgrounds) when outdoors. I first noticed it after purchasing it, and it only occurred when on auto-brightness. But as the 14 days wore on, the defect would appear even without auto-brightness on. My thinking was it might continue to get worse, and I didn't want to weather it.
    I havn't noticed this, you may have had a defective device.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-05-2015 01:35 PM
    No push notifications = Return.
    09-05-2015 05:30 PM
    I havn't noticed this, you may have had a defective device.

I believe it was so I returned it yesterday. I then drove over to an ATT corporate store and purchased a new white 64gb Note 5 today which does not seem to have the screen problem, what a relief. I also grabbed an LTE Tab 4 to go with it,,lol.
    09-05-2015 06:50 PM
    Hmmmm.... Tick Tock... KEEP IT!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-06-2015 07:44 PM
233 ... 56789 ...