Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That's kinda the boat I'm in ,I have grown attached to the note 5,and my note 4 is sitting all alone in my dresser ,this phone is awesome and I don't want to part ways with it,so I'm hoping I find ways to improve my battery, I hope whatever you decide makes you happy :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Well, fortunately for me, my Note 4 is not sitting in my dresser...as I've took the sim out of my work iPhone, and put it in my Note 4 :-D Now I'm using both N4 and N5...so, I'm just tickled pink! lol

Now... at the end of the 14 day return period...i'll either sell my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB or return the N5....we shell see!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, fortunately for me, my Note 4 is not sitting in my dresser...as I've took the sim out of my work iPhone, and put it in my Note 4 :-D Now I'm using both N4 and N5...so, I'm just tickled pink! lol

Now... at the end of the 14 day return period...i'll either sell my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB or return the N5....we shell see!

Nice! Is the rumored iPhone plus 6s or whatever it's called lol also playing a role in your decision?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on t mobile and my battery life is better if not as good as my S5. I actually get better reception on this note 5 then my S5, more bars and 4G more often.

I don't plan on exchanging it anytime soon. I love the Spen. The screen size. How quick it is. Double press home key anywhere, ant time for the camera. The Microsoft apps. Etc.

Posted via the *Note 5*

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I also have an external battery charger I keep in my work bag. I've yet to have to use it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I got one of those when I got my Note 5. Someone said on another forum they had the Note 4 and 2 extra batteries. I guess the only difference is immediate use, but to me is a non-issue. I can wait. Plus I don't know when I'll use it. I never had a spare for my S5 and I survived those times I wish I had one.
ETA the rep at t-mobile said the Morphie I got will last 2 charges. The instructions say if I don't use it to charge every 3 months.

Posted via the *Note 5*

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm on t mobile and my battery life is better if not as good as my S5. I actually get better reception on this note 5 then my S5, more bars and 4G more often.

I don't plan on exchanging it anytime soon. I love the Spen. The screen size. How quick it is. Double press home key anywhere, ant time for the camera. The Microsoft apps. Etc.

Posted via the *Note 5*

I on t-mob also and with my note 4 I got bad reception downstairs in my townhouse and good reception upstairs, with my note 5 it's the opposite upstairs not so good ,downstairs good reception lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I on t-mob also and with my note 4 I got bad reception downstairs in my townhouse and good reception upstairs, with my note 5 it's the opposite upstairs not so good ,downstairs good reception lol

You know you can get a free signal booster from TM for just those things, right? It works on calls and data both.

I sit in a valley, right below cell tower signals. My data speed without the signal booster was less than 1 Mbps. It is 30 Mbps, which is fast for here.

Especially having good signal in part of your house, it will spread the voice and data signal to the rest of your house. I picked up one at the T-Mobile store.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought my external battery charger after I was in the hospital. I used my father's while I was in and found it really handy to have. Plus living in FL I never know when a hurricane may come and leave me without electricity. We have 4 of them in our house. 1 for each of us and a spare

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
You know you can get a free signal booster from TM for just those things, right? It works on calls and data both.

I sit in a valley, right below cell tower signals. My data speed without the signal booster was less than 1 Mbps. It is 30 Mbps, which is fast for here.

Especially having good signal in part of your house, it will spread the voice and data signal to the rest of your house. I picked up one at the T-Mobile store.

Yeah you know I just read up on that a few days ago ,yesterday I was at a t-mob store and a customer was requesting one,I was also going to to ask about it but it was really busy, that's what's cool about android central I have received a lot of helpful info on here thanks again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you know I just read up on that a few days ago ,yesterday I was at a t-mob store and a customer was requesting one,I was also going to to ask about it but it was really busy, that's what's cool about android central I have received a lot of helpful info on here thanks again.

It makes a world of difference. Yeah I found out about it from a Mod/Ambassador here or I wouldn't have known either lol

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought my external battery charger after I was in the hospital. I used my father's while I was in and found it really handy to have. Plus living in FL I never know when a hurricane may come and leave me without electricity. We have 4 of them in our house. 1 for each of us and a spare

Yeah that's true,any of us can experience an emergency and be left without electricity so that's good thinking.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I thought of returning my phone only because I thought the speaker wasn't working to hear phone calls so I wanted a replacement note 5 but it was the AT&T network being down. Otherwise in sure to keep this phone until the next big thing from Samsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I thought of returning my phone only because I thought the speaker wasn't working to hear phone calls so I wanted a replacement note 5 but it was the AT&T network being down. Otherwise in sure to keep this phone until the next big thing from Samsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yeah I was thinking of getting the moto x pure, but the truth is for what I use my phone, I don't mind TouchWiz, and this stripped down version is even better :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

Exactly me
Also, all batteries will degrade overtime... But this phone battery has been exceptional with battery life

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Posted via the *Note 5*

I'm in the same boat. Just upgraded yesterday from the note 4 and my note 5 picks up signal so much better at my job than my note 4 did. I'm a server and I put my phone away while on the floor and with the note 4 I usually had to put it in airplane mode to preserve battery life, even after buying a new battery for it. I decided to leave the note 5 with everything turned on and everything I had running in the recent apps still going so to speak (I would clear all apps before my shift with the note 4), and I expected to see it at 60% from 90% at the end of my shift, but it went from 90% to 85% and that to me is a huge upgrade. And I had full 4g lte as well. And with the speed of this thing and the camera, it's never going back lol.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Returning? No. Exchanging? Yes. BUT... only 'cause I would like to have the white 64 GB Verizon model. Unfortunately my 14 days will be up next Friday and I doubt Verizon will have what I want in it's supply closet by then. I'm not giving this phone up. It's pleasantly surprised me in every way and I'm very happy with it,

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
No returning here. Since I was introduced to the Note line with the 3, no other device has held my attention long enough to give it a chance. I think this device will only be replaced with the Note 6...unless Samsung does something drastic like remove all the s pen functionality.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Actually I am thinking about returning mine.

While this is a fantastic phone, I am still worried about dropping it and breaking the glass back on it, and knowing that if it gets wet it's most likely toast.

I've been weighing all the pros and cons for keeping it and I am just not sure that it is truly worth the extra gray hair I am getting keeping it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca