Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is a chance. This phone is crazy. I came from the iPhone 6. With Samsung making a real premium phone the Note 5 was it. I love this thing. Only thing I have missed from the iPhone is imessage and I'm just about over that in the first 4 days. The Note 5 is top notch. Putting my iPhone 6 up for sale tomorrow. The Note is crazy fast. I'm addicted to this thing. Amazing phone 100%

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm running with a note 4 on T-Mobile with great battery life.

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Returning? No. Exchanging? Yes. BUT... only 'cause I would like to have the white 64 GB Verizon model. Unfortunately my 14 days will be up next Friday and I doubt Verizon will have what I want in it's supply closet by then. I'm not giving this phone up. It's pleasantly surprised me in every way and I'm very happy with it,

I wanted to exchange it because when I first got it my phon took forevermore to charge but now it's better,I orders it online from tmob and they told me they couldn't exchanging it because there wasn't any units and the phone was too new ,they told me I could only send it in for a return, and after reading the horror stories of returning a device to t-mob and getting the run around to get the refund months later it's not a risk I'm willing to take .

I have the white note 4 and I was kinda debating whichever one to get,and I went black and I like the navy blue reflection

Posted via the Android Central App

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks yoi everyone for your feedback I really appreciate it, this phone is awesome, and I'm glad you guys are all enjoying your Note 5 :)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what I would be returning my Note 5 for.

LG G4 - Already had it. It's a great phone, but I couldn't imagine going back to it after just one week with the N5.

iPhone 6+ - I was given one to use as a work phone. It's great, but I find myself reaching for my Note 10 out of 10 times.

Moto X Style - Perhaps if it were out already and I knew what I was getting. But I was ready to upgrade and I already knew what I wanted.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Also forgot to add its hard for me to talk about battery life so soon. I'm using this phone constantly. I hardly get through a day. I seem to hardly put it down. I'm at 2 hrs 45 min screen time with 53% left. Not really used to Android battery life being on ios mostly so I don't know how it is really.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hasn't even crossed my mind. This phone is the total package for me and my needs.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Style - Perhaps if it were out already and I knew what I was getting. But I was ready to upgrade and I already knew what I wanted.
Being a former Motorola user, I have been watching that too I wish Motorola would do something before I have to make my switch next week!!!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Being a former Motorola user, I have been watching that too I wish Motorola would do something before I have to make my switch next week!!!

I thought Sept 3 the moto x pure was going to be released?

I might still get one, I kinda like the hardware and I like stock Android, even tho the truth is I don't really have an issue with TouchWiz I use much of its features .

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
got the note 5 the 1st day return it for nexus 6 and today back too note 5 i got the whit

the nexus 6 was this too wide for my hands the note 5 is this right

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought Sept 3 the moto x pure was going to be released?

I might still get one, I kinda like the hardware and I like stock Android, even tho the truth is I don't really have an issue with TouchWiz I use much of its features .

Motorola pulled back on that date for some reason! I got this from Moto Tech Support Friday:

Hello Jim,

This is Jxxxxxxx and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I was reading your email and we are really thankful for your interest in the Moto Pure, we want you to be part of the Motorola Family.

At this moment Jim we do not have an specific time or date for the launch of this great phone, we really care and we do not want to set t he wrong expectation about this, I will suggest you to keep an eye on the forums or the Motorola web site for you to check for any good news!

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
Motorola US: Android smartphones, Moto 360 smartwatch, cell phones

Please do not hesitate in contact us back if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Jxxxxxx M.
Motorola Tech Support

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Motorola pulled back on that date for some reason! I got this from Moto Tech Support Friday:

Hello Jim,

This is Jxxxxxxx and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I was reading your email and we are really thankful for your interest in the Moto Pure, we want you to be part of the Motorola Family.

At this moment Jim we do not have an specific time or date for the launch of this great phone, we really care and we do not want to set t he wrong expectation about this, I will suggest you to keep an eye on the forums or the Motorola web site for you to check for any good news!

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
Motorola US: Android smartphones, Moto 360 smartwatch, cell phones

Please do not hesitate in contact us back if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Jxxxxxx M.
Motorola Tech Support

Oh OK I might get a 16gb one when it comes out and just stick my SD card in it, I want to try something new,I have had many different phones but never a Motorola android phone

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually I am thinking about returning mine.

While this is a fantastic phone, I am still worried about dropping it and breaking the glass back on it, and knowing that if it gets wet it's most likely toast.

I've been weighing all the pros and cons for keeping it and I am just not sure that it is truly worth the extra gray hair I am getting keeping it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

I use a case and almost every phone is toast if it gets wet.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I turned on power saving mode on my Note 5,and in a little over 4 hours my phone dropped only 3%, plus I can live with the settings, I think I found the solution to my problem, and I will be keeping this phone:)

I don't use Facebook, or message people ,I don't use any social media except you tube sometimes, I use my phone to research, read and write and a few apps,so this setting should be cool.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually I am thinking about returning mine.

While this is a fantastic phone, I am still worried about dropping it and breaking the glass back on it, and knowing that if it gets wet it's most likely toast.

I've been weighing all the pros and cons for keeping it and I am just not sure that it is truly worth the extra gray hair I am getting keeping it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

If you don't plan on using cases with your phones, then to do want one with better hardware. Check out the sticky on cases, some are getting thinner or other types that don't take away the looks of this phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=563365

There's also this discussion about those who are not going to use a case. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=572513

I had the S5 and even though it was water resistant, I never got it close to wet. So that's Non-issue with me.

Posted via the *Note 5*

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
got the note 5 the 1st day return it for nexus 6 and today back too note 5 i got the whit

the nexus 6 was this too wide for my hands the note 5 is this right

I did look at the nexus 6 and I liked my Note 4 over it,even though it's a great device I really like the screen on the Note series. Plus you're right it feels really wide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton