Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Never thought of returning, the device has been the best Android I've owned. I have an external quick charger if necessary but hasn't been. The quick charging is great.

Posted via the Android Central App
Best Samsung Galaxy phone to date that I've owned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If you don't plan on using cases with your phones, then to do want one with better hardware. Check out the sticky on cases, some are getting thinner or other types that don't take away the looks of this phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=563365

There's also this discussion about those who are not going to use a case. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=572513

I had the S5 and even though it was water resistant, I never got it close to wet. So that's Non-issue with me.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Thanks...

If I keep it I'll just have to get over the worrying. The thin cases are OK, but most likely will get a Sedio for it. I have had great luck with them on my phones for protection and ease of carrying.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks...

If I keep it I'll just have to get over the worrying. The thin cases are OK, but most likely will get a Sedio for it. I have had great luck with them on my phones for protection and ease of carrying.

Someone also posted that they were going to get square trade insurance since they didn't want to get a case,so if it broke they could get it replaced

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
To answer the original question. I have thought about it and sadly will return it on Tuesday, my 14th day is up then. I have given it a fair shot, with a daily comparison with my Note 4. For me, it is just not enough juice for the wknd and when I am traveling or out in the field. It lasts longer than my Note 4, but not by much. I can at least swap my battery with the Note 4. It's not an issue on weekdays generally since most times I am in my office.

Many folks love their Note 5, me too. Just the battery and other reasons not for me.

Last edited:

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
To answer the original question. I have thought about it and sadly will return it on Tuesday, my 14th day is up then. I gave it a fair shot, with a daily comparison with my Note 4. For me, it is just not enough juice for the wknd and when I am traveling or out in the field. It lasts longer than my Note 4, but not by much. I can at least swap my battery with the Note 4. It's not an issue on weekdays generally since most times I am in my office.

Many folks love their Note 5, me too. Just the battery and other reasons not for me.

I hear you, for me weekdays are when my battery gets tested I ride my bike to work and when I ride home sometimes the battery is already in the orange but it has made it home without dying and I do use my phone a lot, so with an hour of cycling and 8 hours at work ,I guess 9 hours of me using it is pretty good,I will most likely upgrades to the note 6 when that is released if I like it,so by then I will sell this phone.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Someone also posted that they were going to get square trade insurance since they didn't want to get a case,so if it broke they could get it replaced

Thanks.. I hadn't considered them.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought of returning it but only to get a 64 gig in white, instead of my black 32 :(

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I agree, it's not an issue when we're at our desk all day or next to an outlet. Since I am on the road between clients on some days, a fast charger wouldn't suffice. On the wknds, I like to be outdoors, so carrying an external power source or a bulky battery pack is not feasible. I was at the beach today using my Note 4; the spare battery came in handy. With the Note 5, I set an alarm at 3p these past 2 wks to remind myself to charge it before I leave my office. :(

The only other reason to return my Note 5 is my HDMI/MHL 3.0 adapter does not work; can't connect to my TV.

If the Note 4 won't be getting Marshmellow, I would most likely keep my Note 5. It's an awesome phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it's not an issue when we're at our desk all day or next to an outlet. Since I am on the road between clients on some days, a fast charger wouldn't suffice. On the wknds, I like to be outdoors, so carrying an external power source or a bulky battery pack is not feasible. I was at the beach today using my Note 4; the spare battery came in handy. With the Note 5, I set an alarm at 3p these past 2 wks to remind myself to charge it before I leave my office. :(

The only other reason to return my Note 5 is my HDMI/MHL 3.0 adapter does not work; can't connect to my TV.

If the Note 4 won't be getting Marshmellow, I would most likely keep my Note 5. It's an awesome phone.

The fast charge car charger us amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow