Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
No, but the external battery is fast charge too.

The car charger was in reference to you being on the road, etc.
I appreciate the suggestions, indeed a car charger or an external battery would work, but the Note 4 offers a far more quick and less cumbersome experience to be 100% again. Otherwise, I would keep my Note 5, even forgoing the inability to connect to my TV or heck, lack of sd card.

Last edited:

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Not a chance! You can purchase the Note 5 with a few reservations, but within a few minutes of ownership it will win you over completely. My Note 5 will be with me for the long haul....

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No way!! This device is simply awesome. Sleek, fast, powerful and sexy all in a well put together package. I'm about that #NoteLife

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Nice. And they have a dual charger so I can power my satellite radio at the same time. AWESOME!! Thanks.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.

Seriously!
I know everyone's work habits are different, everyone uses their phones differently, but how many people are NOT near a plug in their office or at home, or in a car, for 15, 20 minutes in the middle of the day to give their phone a quick battery boost, if needed?

The Starbucks near where I live even has Qi Chargers built into their counters, for customer use!

I have had NO issues with the battery, it seems to really last and last. Unless I happen to take the family to Disneyland, or some other amusement park, and we leave at 8am, and return home past midnight, there is never a time I can't find a way to quickly charge my phone for a short while.

Even at a park, I can purchase an inexpensive battery bank, and my worries are gone!

Thoughts of returning my Note5?

Seriously? This phone continues to blow me away!

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Returning mines tomorrow, I quickly realized I prefer software/on screen buttons than the physical home button and capacitive buttons. I guess I just prefer the Nexus phones, software seems more important to me than hardware.

The Note 5 hardware is nice, but the bezels are really too small IMO, I keep changing the wallpaper by just holding the phone as it registers my fingers when just holding the phone. I also launch the multi window function when I try to hold phone because my hand rest on the capacitive button area.

I tried it, and will just cut my lost now with the $50 restocking fee. Will use a Sony Z3 that I already have as I traded in my Nexus 6. :( Now I play the waiting game for the next Nexus.

- via my Note 5, previously Nexus 6

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Returning mines tomorrow, I quickly realized I prefer software/on screen buttons than the physical home button and capacitive buttons. I guess I just prefer the Nexus phones, software seems more important to me than hardware.

The Note 5 hardware is nice, but the bezels are really too small IMO, I keep changing the wallpaper by just holding the phone as it registers my fingers when just holding the phone. I also launch the multi window function when I try to hold phone because my hand rest on the capacitive button area.

I tried it, and will just cut my lost now with the $50 restocking fee. Will use a Sony Z3 that I already have as I traded in my Nexus 6. :( Now I play the waiting game for the next Nexus.

- via my Note 5, previously Nexus 6

I had that problem too but tried a Spigen bumper case on it and that issue went away.

Doesn't do anything about the buttons though for you, but thought I would throw that out there.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Seriously!
I know everyone's work habits are different, everyone uses their phones differently, but how many people are NOT near a plug in their office or at home, or in a car, for 15, 20 minutes in the middle of the day to give their phone a quick battery boost, if needed?

The Starbucks near where I live even has Qi Chargers built into their counters, for customer use!

I have had NO issues with the battery, it seems to really last and last. Unless I happen to take the family to Disneyland, or some other amusement park, and we leave at 8am, and return home past midnight, there is never a time I can't find a way to quickly charge my phone for a short while.

Even at a park, I can purchase an inexpensive battery bank, and my worries are gone!

Thoughts of returning my Note5?

Seriously? This phone continues to blow me away!
Ha, I used to think like you, but to me, 30 seconds to recharge (swappable battery) vs 20 minutes is a deal-breaker, especially when you're in a bind, but I do agree with you it doesn't matter when you're at home or office.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ha, I used to think like you, but to me, 30 seconds to recharge (swappable battery) vs 20 minutes is a deal-breaker, especially when you're in a bind, but I do agree with you it doesn't matter when you're at home or office.

Just wondering.. What are you going to do when all flagship devices go to sealed batteries?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering.. What are you going to do when all flagship devices go to sealed batteries?
I honestly can't answer that question since it's not a known fact. Besides, technology changes so rapidly, so who knows in a year or so. Like I said before, until battery life technology improves dramatically, I would be holding onto my Note 4. Also, Samsung could have made a plastic back Note 5 variant, maybe they will for the Note 6.

The whole debate is moot had Samsung made a 4000+ mAh battery. If they do away with plastic backs forever, then they should increase the battery size. For the Note 5, they did the opposite. 😢

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I honestly can't answer that question since it's not a known fact. Besides, technology changes so rapidly, so who knows in a year or so. Like I said before, until battery life technology improves dramatically, I would be holding onto my Note 4. Also, Samsung could have made a plastic back Note 5 variant, maybe they will for the Note 6.

The whole debate is moot had Samsung made a 4000+ mAh battery. If they do away with plastic backs forever, then they should increase the battery size. For the Note 5, they did the opposite. 😢

Actually, Samsung and MIT ate working on a battery for a lifetime, one that never degrades.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh.. Let me show you my battery today..

Attachments

• 1441005553466.jpg
    1441005553466.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 53
  • 1441005583083.jpg
    1441005583083.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 53

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fence. Not being able to root is a pretty big deal for me. I don't care if samsung pay won't work, I won't use it anyway, but making the phone not boot when you break knox is stupid.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I actually returned mine yesterday. I absolutely could not deal with the battery life. I felt like I was a wall hugger. With my daily activities, this phone just couldn't keep up battery wise. It's an awesome feature packed phone, I just didn't feel that I needed to turn everything off just for me to have decent battery.I will wait for another monster android phone, hopefully this year. Enjoy your notes. I might even come back if they offer a 128gb. Storage and battery were my 2 biggest gripes.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I actually returned mine yesterday. I absolutely could not deal with the battery life. I felt like I was a wall hugger. With my daily activities, this phone just couldn't keep up battery wise. It's an awesome feature packed phone, I just didn't feel that I needed to turn everything off just for me to have decent battery.I will wait for another monster android phone, hopefully this year. Enjoy your notes. I might even come back if they offer a 128gb. Storage and battery were my 2 biggest gripes.
Looks like we are in the minority here. Curious, what phone did you have before?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your battery woes. To be honest my battery is an afterthought because it's so good. I was initially concerned (reduced capacity from N4) but it holds up better than my note 4 which is impressive in and of itself.

Also, I do delete and disable any bloat. From there, I use my device as prescribed. I don't do things to hinder performance in the name of trying to improve batt life. Still the note 5 has been a pleasant surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis