Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I missed the being on T-Mobile post, but as someone that has come to T-Mobile from AT&T, I can speak to that.

It isn't true.

Now if you are on any carrier and have a bad signal, you will get bad battery life. Also the two iPhones on the account that are now on T-Mobile, have no difference on their battery life on T-Mobile than they did on AT&T.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 buyers regret

With all of the moaning and groaning over the lack of the removable batteries and SD cards, I'm curious if some are regretting buying the Note 5 instead of getting the older Note 4 or something else completely. I do know some on Verizon aren't happy with the carriers way to do things, but in general are you happy with the Note 5 and glad your decision to buy it? So far I am happy, and don't have a issue with putting my pen in backwards or having the screen turned to 750nits in the sun since I don't use auto brightness... This phone is shaping up to be the best performing phone I have ever had.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Note 5 buyers regret

I was happy with my Note 4, and like the Note 5 even better. Fast performance, great battery life, love the ability to write a note with screen off... I'm pretty happy :)

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Very happy going from the Note 4 to the Note5. This is probably the smoothest device I have ever owned. It might be the device that would bring over an Apple user.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

No regrets except for the fact that I couldn't wait for the 64gb but that is an error in intend to correct on my next day off!

I absolutely love this device!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

No regrets... And I did decide to get the 64GB... Not sure I need it...but I sure feel safer with it than without it, futureproof-wise...

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I was a little unsure coming from an iPhone 6 Plus that worked flawlessly. I have had a Note 2 & 3 in the past, plus plenty of other Android phones, so I knew what to expect. I must say that I have been very pleasantly surprised and felt good enough after a couple days with the Note 5 that I sold my 6+. I fixed some battery concerns with a factory reset and the thing has been a beast ever since. I forgot that one lesson I learned a couple years ago; always do a factory reset before setting up a new device. Don't know why, but it always seems to help.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
After 50 mb of data or 30 minutes of talk time my carrier won't accept returns. (bell) went over 50 mb 5 minutes after turning my phone on. But I intend on keeping this phone. Was going to wait for 6+s but never tried a note before. Loving the S-pen.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I finally got around to doing some productive things with the note (instead of spending all day reading forums) and I finally used the s-pen in all its glory with this phone and it is a productivity powerhouse. The ability to add OneNote and Microsoft Word to the air command partnered with screenwriting and smart select is about to make this a good note taking semester for me. And the speed and steady battery life makes this for me the best note experience ever. The s-pen is going to get a lot more use than it did in the last two notes I had. *big sigh of satisfaction*

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I finally got around to doing some productive things with the note (instead of spending all day reading forums) and I finally used the s-pen in all its glory with this phone and it is a productivity powerhouse. The ability to add OneNote and Microsoft Word to the air command partnered with screenwriting and smart select is about to make this a good note taking semester for me. And the speed and steady battery life makes this for me the best note experience ever. The s-pen is going to get a lot more use than it did in the last two notes I had. *big sigh of satisfaction*

Awesome!!

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm absolutly in love with this phone. I have one on verizon and the advance call feature sucks. I get dropped calls all over the place. Even with a strong signal. Im trying my best to get used to not being able to talk on the phone and surf the web at the sametime. I'm still within my 14 days so we will see.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I missed the being on T-Mobile post, but as someone that has come to T-Mobile from AT&T, I can speak to that.

It isn't true.

Now if you are on any carrier and have a bad signal, you will get bad battery life. Also the two iPhones on the account that are now on T-Mobile, have no difference on their battery life on T-Mobile than they did on AT&T.
I can second that. I just switched to T-mobile and battery life is very good. I am in Michigan and have no signal issues.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I was a little unsure coming from an iPhone 6 Plus that worked flawlessly. I have had a Note 2 & 3 in the past, plus plenty of other Android phones, so I knew what to expect. I must say that I have been very pleasantly surprised and felt good enough after a couple days with the Note 5 that I sold my 6+. I fixed some battery concerns with a factory reset and the thing has been a beast ever since. I forgot that one lesson I learned a couple years ago; always do a factory reset before setting up a new device. Don't know why, but it always seems to help.

How long were you on the 6+? What do you like on the Note over the 6+? I'm debating really hard about leaving the Android world and going to Apple. Just getting burned out on the phone hunt game.

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Any regrets??

I'm still holding off. I had my heart set on the Note 5 but the 3000MaH battery has frightened me . For those of you who have made the switch, are you happy with it? Has the device been everything you've hoped for??

Thanks

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Any regrets??

I'm still holding off. I had my heart set on the Note 5 but the 3000MaH battery has frightened me . For those of you who have made the switch, are you happy with it? Has the device been everything you've hoped for??

Thanks

How long do you need a battery to last, and what is your usage pattern like? It can't last forever, so I assume you have a duration requirement in mind...

I have been testing my phone for the last two days, and here is what I experienced so far:

Day 1 - A very light usage workday. Phone removed from charger at 6am and never trickle charged during the day. Charged the phone before I went to bed at 11pm with the phone battery at 35%. Phone lasted 17 hours and still had 35%.

Day 2 - A light/moderate usage workday. Phone removed from charger at 7am and never trickle charged during the day. Charged phone at 10am with 10% left on the battery. Phone lasted 15 hours and had only 10% left. When I played with "ultra power save mode", the phone told me that the 10% charge could last another 2+ hours (but obviously in the limited ultra power save mode).

I have yet to use it on a heavy use non-workday when I have no access to an AC wall outlet... But for the 80% of the time that I am just living through my workday, the phone battery capacity is pretty impressive...

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any regrets??

I need the battery to last as long as possible. I work 12 hour shifts. I could be stuck at crime scene for hours. I don't always have access to a charger. My SOT varies. I'm a fairly heavy use but mostly web browsing, messaging, and some sports apps. No streaming video or games.

Do you mean you removed the phone at 7am and at 10pm it had 10% left?