Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any regrets??

I'm getting 9-11 hours with moderate use and using Doze and Shutapp to help control background activity.

Regrets? I like everything about this device and Android better than ios. I switched from iPhone 6+ and under same usage I was getting 12-15 hours with same use so definitely getting less now.

Posted via the Android Central App

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

I'm averaging close to 14 hours with 6.5 hours of screen on time, without root our any apps designed to help.... other than monitoring Gsam

Posted via Note 5

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I use mine frequently during the normal day starting at 6am. By 10pm (bed time) I'm usually at the 40% mark.
On a crazy day I'll hit 25% by 7pm.
For travel days I'll take a backup battery pack.
For all I do with it, it lasts.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Dude, I bought the S6 and it was a great device but the battery life (screen on time) was bad...i would average 3 hours. I just posted a screenshot on another thread that showed I got avg of 6 hours screen on time on my Note 5 with like 19 hours overall battery life. Huge improvement over the S6 with no lag and better RAM management.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

OP, there's nothing wrong with this phone to be frightened about. I wish they gave it a bigger battery... but battery life is still very good. And you should be able to use it alot and still get enough battery life to last your shift. These are great phones... you should buy one!

BrianBaker

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Battery has been boss for me. It had me nervous too.. Only downfall is no SD card slot but the 64GB model has helped. And 1.3TB of One drive space :) love this phone

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

No regrets at all. Got the Note 5 last week. Waited a week to decide what to do and get accustomed to Android again. Just sold my iPhone 6 today for $780. Love this phone. Have had an amazing time with it.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Dude, I bought the S6 and it was a great device but the battery life (screen on time) was bad...i would average 3 hours. I just posted a screenshot on another thread that showed I got avg of 6 hours screen on time on my Note 5 with like 19 hours overall battery life. Huge improvement over the S6 with no lag and better RAM management.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm averaging close to 14 hours with 6.5 hours of screen on time, without root our any apps designed to help.... other than monitoring Gsam

Posted via Note 5

Excuse my ignorance on this but you monitor Gsam? Can you explain what's behind it the benefits and how to do so? .

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Excuse my ignorance on this but you monitor Gsam? Can you explain what's behind it the benefits and how to do so? .

All I mean by that is, I use GSAM battery monitor app and look at the results a few times a day.

For example, here is today's numbers and you can see my averages.... tpRWzad.jpg

I listened to podcasts with the screen off for several hours earlier today, or my screen on time would have been higher today. The bluetooth doesn't suck a lot of battery but streaming music does through the app...

phatdonkey

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I regret losing my note 3 and buying this turd. Its slower than my 3 was and wont stay connected to my wifi for anything.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I need the battery to last as long as possible. I work 12 hour shifts. I could be stuck at crime scene for hours. I don't always have access to a charger. My SOT varies. I'm a fairly heavy use but mostly web browsing, messaging, and some sports apps. No streaming video or games.

Do you mean you removed the phone at 7am and at 10pm it had 10% left?

Yes...it means that on my Day 2 of testing, I removed the phone at 7am with 100%, and at 10pm it had 10% remaining... I was at my desk and in my car often, but made it a point to keep it OFF the charger so that I can test how long it would last... On a real life day, there is no way that I would stream music and use the NAV in my car without having it plugged in... And there is ZERO reason for me to be at my desk and not top it off...

So in real life, including opportunistic topping off charging, this thing is a beast for me...

Today's testing isn't going so well... I'll call this "Day 3"...

Day 3 - Medium usage. GPS tracking and video streaming for some/much of the day. Took the phone off the charger at 8am and it is currently at 50% (and it is 2pm now)... So 50% got me 6 hours so far... Again, I had plenty of chances to do some opportunistic charging in my car and at my desk, but didn't... All things being equal, the second 50% should give me another 6 hours, which would take me to 8pm...

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I need the battery to last as long as possible. I work 12 hour shifts. I could be stuck at crime scene for hours. I don't always have access to a charger. My SOT varies. I'm a fairly heavy use but mostly web browsing, messaging, and some sports apps. No streaming video or games.

Do you mean you removed the phone at 7am and at 10pm it had 10% left?

BTW, you mention 12 hour shifts and "crime scenes"... I assume you are either law enforcement, an investigator, or a CSI-type person...

If so, don't you have a considerable amount of "car time" during the day that you could have it charging when in your vehicle?

Also, there are car AND battery packs that support adaptive charging...that will get you from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes... And to 100% in just over an hour... You may want to think of those options for when your shift challenges your battery life...

chan_xo

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

No regrets at all. Got the Note 5 last week. Waited a week to decide what to do and get accustomed to Android again. Just sold my iPhone 6 today for $780. Love this phone. Have had an amazing time with it.

this is off topic but where did you sell your iPhone 6? I'm looking to sell my iPhone 6+ 128GB gold.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

OP, there's nothing wrong with this phone to be frightened about. I wish they gave it a bigger battery... but battery life is still very good. And you should be able to use it alot and still get enough battery life to last your shift. These are great phones... you should buy one!

Well I do have a Note 5,and after a week with it,my battery has gotten really good,so I decided to keep it, because the only thing that had me thinking of returning it, was how fast the battery was draining but it's all good in the hood now :)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Same results here coming from the s6 edge

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)

Phones
Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5

Tablets
Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0, a few low budget tabs I care not to mention because they were terrible and not worthy of my memory.

Watch
Galaxy gear

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 buyers regret

How long were you on the 6+? What do you like on the Note over the 6+? I'm debating really hard about leaving the Android world and going to Apple. Just getting burned out on the phone hunt game.
I had the 6+ since launch day last September. i like the overall flexibility of Android. Screen, widgets, notifications, customization of the look and feel. BT performs better on Android IMO. I can connect multiple devices via BT and control phone and audio. I also like the better camera with more features, although the iPhone did a heck of a job with 8 megapixels.

Honestly, the iPhone 6+ was a great phone and I can't say anything bad about it. Battery life was better than I have ever experienced and everything was smooth and fluid. You can't go wrong with either device.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 buyers regret

I had the 6+ since launch day last September. i like the overall flexibility of Android. Screen, widgets, notifications, customization of the look and feel. BT performs better on Android IMO. I can connect multiple devices via BT and control phone and audio. I also like the better camera with more features, although the iPhone did a heck of a job with 8 megapixels.

Honestly, the iPhone 6+ was a great phone and I can't say anything bad about it. Battery life was better than I have ever experienced and everything was smooth and fluid. You can't go wrong with either device.

Only thing I miss about 6+ so battery. Would get 12-15 hours on own charge with moderate to heavy use.

Now I'm down to 9-10 hours. I can charge in my car often so guess not too concerned but like the flexibility and reliability of that awesome battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20