Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any regrets??

I regret losing my note 3 and buying this turd. Its slower than my 3 was and wont stay connected to my wifi for anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

It is not slower than the Note 3. I have owned every Note device made and this runs circles around the Note 3.

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Any regrets??

BTW, you mention 12 hour shifts and "crime scenes"... I assume you are either law enforcement, an investigator, or a CSI-type person...

If so, don't you have a considerable amount of "car time" during the day that you could have it charging when in your vehicle?

Also, there are car AND battery packs that support adaptive charging...that will get you from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes... And to 100% in just over an hour... You may want to think of those options for when your shift challenges your battery life...

Yes I work in law enforcement (hence the screen name). I do have a fair bit of time in my car. Sometimes I am assigned to bike patrol. Yes I know there are battery packs but with the amount of gear I already carry I don't want to increase it. Ideally a phone can get me through an entire shift.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You know you can get a free signal booster from TM for just those things, right? It works on calls and data both.

I sit in a valley, right below cell tower signals. My data speed without the signal booster was less than 1 Mbps. It is 30 Mbps, which is fast for here.

Especially having good signal in part of your house, it will spread the voice and data signal to the rest of your house. I picked up one at the T-Mobile store.
Does AT&T has this kind of booster?
All our att phones rarely get 2 bars from home. Mostly no bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
When you buy a phone here in Korea, they always include extra battery and now with Note 5 they give you extra 10400mah power bank~ but i never really get to use it outside~ i have an online shop and do works on my phone~ battery has never an issue^^

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I thought of returning couple of times because I pre ordered the Moto X, will buy the new Nexus when it releases but not able because I'm loving this phone. Especially putting Nova launcher or Google now launcher hides the touchwiz launcher and the hardware is so beautiful I think will keep this phone for a few months.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought of returning couple of times because I pre ordered the Moto X, will buy the new Nexus when it releases but not able because I'm loving this phone. Especially putting Nova launcher or Google now launcher hides the touchwiz launcher and the hardware is so beautiful I think will keep this phone for a few months.

Several people have stated that TouchWiz is much better on the Note 5 (maybe it's just the Lollipop 5.1.1) than it was on the Note 4 (which I am still running - with Nova). I am switching carriers next week and getting a Note 5 - I may try the TouchWiz for a bit but will probably go right to Nova on that too... are you running Nova on your Note 5 bhatech?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Several people have stated that TouchWiz is much better on the Note 5 (maybe it's just the Lollipop 5.1.1) than it was on the Note 4 (which I am still running - with Nova). I am switching carriers next week and getting a Note 5 - I may try the TouchWiz for a bit but will probably go right to Nova on that too... are you running Nova on your Note 5 bhatech?
Yeah switch between Nova and GNL , Nova is buttery smooth, Google now launcher stutters now and then. Haven't used touchwiz launcher since hate that look.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Does AT&T has this kind of booster?
All our att phones rarely get 2 bars from home. Mostly no bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sort of. They have a microcell and it is a 3G phone signal, it doesn't help with data really, data is slow on it, but it will help the call signal. You can have up to 10 lines that will connect to it. AT&T charges like $200 for the microcell. Sometimes a store manager will give you one, sometimes customer care will give you credit on your bill after you buy it. It just depends on who talk to at customer care. I would start with asking a store manager and if they won't give it to you, as customer care of they will.

Now the difference with the AT&T one, you must have broadband Internet, as it has to connect to your internet modem to work. The T-Mobile one doesn't require Internet.

OldTrader

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought of it and did return it today along with the 3rd charger puck. I really liked the phone, probably the best phone I ever had, but I couldn't get passed the smudge/chalky type lines that appear around the screen border (with light backgrounds) when outdoors. I first noticed it after purchasing it, and it only occurred when on auto-brightness. But as the 14 days wore on, the defect would appear even without auto-brightness on. My thinking was it might continue to get worse, and I didn't want to weather it.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I did think about returning it within one-two days of getting it. Now I'm used to Android, the battery life, etc. I have four days to decide. Ticktock, ticktock...

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I did think about returning it within one-two days of getting it. Now I'm used to Android, the battery life, etc. I have four days to decide. Ticktock, ticktock...

You know you wanna keep it! If you let a good thing go, you never get it back lol

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought of it and did return it today along with the 3rd charger puck. I really liked the phone, probably the best phone I ever had, but I couldn't get passed the smudge/chalky type lines that appear around the screen border (with light backgrounds) when outdoors. I first noticed it after purchasing it, and it only occurred when on auto-brightness. But as the 14 days wore on, the defect would appear even without auto-brightness on. My thinking was it might continue to get worse, and I didn't want to weather it.

I havn't noticed this, you may have had a defective device.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

OldTrader

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I havn't noticed this, you may have had a defective device.

I believe it was so I returned it yesterday. I then drove over to an ATT corporate store and purchased a new white 64gb Note 5 today which does not seem to have the screen problem, what a relief. I also grabbed an LTE Tab 4 to go with it,,lol.

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Well I'm the queen of cell returns...but the Note 5 is a keeper...can't get over the smoothness of this device. The battery life is a no bother for me. I'm on this thing constantly at work. If needed I have a charger to compensate for battery loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about returning my AT&T Note 5 for an iPhone 6+, since it is soooooooo much better than the Note 5. .........hahaha.....Just kidding!!!!! But (seriously), I really am thinking of returning it for an International version. My only concern, is that I hope Samsung Pay will work in the US on an international version.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm at the beach and I'm keeping my Note 5...
Glad you are keeping your Note 5. Just curious, how was your battery life at the beach? I had mine on at the beach until it went to 10% by 1pm. Of course, I took some pics and videos, answered some calls, played music, and CNN live stream video. Battery not bad, but I had to shut my phone down at 1pm.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Glad you are keeping your Note 5. Just curious, how was your battery life at the beach? I had mine on at the beach until it went to 10% by 1pm. Of course, I took some pics and videos, answered some calls, played music, and CNN live stream video. Battery not bad, but I had to shut my phone down at 1pm.
It lasted all day, as it always does. But, I only took photos, tweeted and posted to Android Central via Tapatalk...